2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320820 - 13/02/08 05:19 AM Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just picked up a new addition to the Family last night from Gilbert.

76K Miles, 2003 Not the high end model, but 4x4 and 6 banger. Price was about just right at $7550.

Pavement Night Shot.

Glad to have a 4x4, but oh so many $$$ to spend getting to where I left off. I'm going to try and hit Jim up on a smoking one time deal for everything and I hope he does it.

See you around and before you ask, it has the general grabbers so no offroading at this time. :rolleyes:

#320821 - 13/02/08 06:05 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats Adam!

#320822 - 13/02/08 06:17 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, that's freaking aweseome!

I'm real happy for you Adam. Let me know if you need any help with it.

#320823 - 13/02/08 06:24 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hell Yeah! That is awesome. If you need help, I'm there.

GEN1's rule!!!!

#320824 - 13/02/08 06:40 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Well Jim did us a pretty good deal when we bought everything he sold for the two trucks... Then Sheila sold off her bumper. Doesn't sound like much but I think everything came out to about a 10% discount for two rigs and all freight shipping (in two shipments). If you can wait, get him to do a bulk shipment of the skids and bumpers... Should save you a couple hundred there alone.

Glad to see you back in the saddle again... You going out to Sycamore or the night run I'm trying to rally up? You won't have anything better to do since the wife should be at T-Rays and all. laugh Strap the little one in and I'll spot you no where near anything that might almost, a little bit, remotely look like, you could possibly roll laugh

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#320825 - 13/02/08 07:00 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks!

I'll need one hell of a mod day when I get everything, but that is months away, hopefully before it gets too hot.

So, I guess the Beer's going to be on me, for those who wish to lend a hand. laugh [drink]

#320826 - 13/02/08 07:37 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Thanks!

I'll need one hell of a mod day when I get everything, but that is months away, hopefully before it gets too hot.

So, I guess the Beer's going to be on me, for those who wish to lend a hand. laugh [drink]
I am always ready to lend a hand with beer! We are talking about beer here, right? smile

#320827 - 13/02/08 07:56 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp]
I've got shackles(PML), and rugged trails you can throw on right away..
Glad to hear you're back.
[Smoking]

#320828 - 13/02/08 08:39 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey...nice job getting the Silver. I think that is a swell color for an X. laugh

#320829 - 13/02/08 08:59 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
[ThumbsUp]
[Smoking]
We be talk'n soon den! [LOL]

Do I hear partial trade for a diff cover? It has the 16" Wheels, what size are your BFG's? 31 or 32?

Thanks!

#320830 - 13/02/08 09:01 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Hey...nice job getting the Silver. I think that is a swell color for an X. laugh
Not my first choice, but the price was too good to hold out for a better deal/color/options, etc.

#320831 - 13/02/08 09:03 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Oh, that's freaking aweseome!

I'm real happy for you Adam. Let me know if you need any help with it.
Thanks DR! It'll be a while before it can be Swanky'd.

The burning question in my mind is "Should I attempt Chivo again?" or just let that trail be what it is [the killer of my '05].

#320832 - 13/02/08 09:05 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by karlover007:
I am always ready to lend a hand with beer! We are talking about beer here, right? smile
What are you thinking? I mostly drink Bud Light, but I'll take requests when the time comes for the extra hands. [ThumbsUp]

#320833 - 13/02/08 09:12 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

32's (they're OME for a POS OR X) wink

#320834 - 13/02/08 09:16 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp]

Nice.

#320835 - 13/02/08 09:32 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
32's (they're OME for a POS OR X) wink
Ahh cool. Should fit ok and I would be using them mostly for street and then find some more rims to put BFG m/t's or similar on.

I have to save up a little $$$ before taking them, but I'm definately interested. I don't think I'll find a set already mounted again. (First came from the God Father.) I only have one that the bastards left behind when they stole the other 4.

We'll talk soon, I'm going to DMV for lunch and hopefully everything works out without much frustration. (I hate Gov't offices)

#320836 - 13/02/08 10:15 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats Adam!!! Glad your getting back in the game. I'm running Chivo again this saturday. laugh

#320837 - 13/02/08 10:53 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Originally posted by karlover007:
What are you thinking? I mostly drink Bud Light, but I'll take requests when the time comes for the extra hands. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
Well I don't drink... But I'm there anyway to help out smile Just say when.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#320838 - 13/02/08 11:04 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
What are you thinking? I mostly drink Bud Light, but I'll take requests when the time comes for the extra hands. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
Guinness is my choice usually, but considering my limited experience and hence usability, I'll take anything. I'm in it for the experience smile

#320839 - 13/02/08 11:18 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
Guinness is my choice usually, but considering my limited experience and hence usability, I'll take anything. I'm in it for the experience smile [/b]
After a couple of those, I don't think there would be a lot of action other than the BSing. [LOL]

Love to help ya with the experience and really appreciate the offers of help from everyone.

Just got back from the DMV and it is all mine [Whahahaha/Hands Wringing] cool

#320840 - 13/02/08 11:45 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

great to see you have a new truck and the best thing about silver is it hides scratches well. I had a 03 and now a 05 and let me tell you a little rubbing compound and you can not even tell.

#320841 - 13/02/08 02:00 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chivo should be one of the first things you do. Exorcise that demon right away.

#320842 - 13/02/08 02:07 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I forgot to throw that it do Chivo redemption is a great thing. You fell off your bike when you were a kid right!!

#320843 - 13/02/08 02:18 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by slmh1296:
I forgot to throw that it do Chivo redemption is a great thing. You fell off your bike when you were a kid right!!
Chivo's going to have to wait. I want to be built up a bit before 3 feathers.

And as far as riding a bike, I never had one that cost me as much, and lost it. The most I lost on one was about $150 that was stolen. But I understand the analogy and will hit that trail again, even if I'm sweating the whole way.

#320844 - 13/02/08 02:21 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I forgot to throw that it do Chivo redemption is a great thing. You fell off your bike when you were a kid right!!

And as far as riding a bike, I never had one that cost me as much, and lost it. The most I lost on one was about $150 that was stolen. But I understand the analogy and will hit that trail again, even if I'm sweating the whole way.[/b]
Adam, come visit!! go to firestone, put some shoes on, and come on the run on saturday!

#320845 - 13/02/08 04:20 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I forgot to throw that it do Chivo redemption is a great thing. You fell off your bike when you were a kid right!!

And as far as riding a bike, I never had one that cost me as much, and lost it. The most I lost on one was about $150 that was stolen. But I understand the analogy and will hit that trail again, even if I'm sweating the whole way.[/b]
Adam, come visit!! go to firestone, put some shoes on, and come on the run on saturday![/b]
You know I would absolutely love to, however I have to do a complete inspection mechanically (so I don't break down and ruin the part again) and change all the fluids so I have a baseline of when they've been done. I don't think they changed the oil once since they bought it in Oct '07. They never even cleared the Trip Odo, it was at about 4,700 Miles.

#320846 - 13/02/08 05:31 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[ThumbsUp]
[Smoking]
hey am i still getting a set of shackles from ya??

#320847 - 13/02/08 06:34 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

congrats adam!!!

u still gonna make it out to bulldog in the buggy?

#320848 - 13/02/08 07:08 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grats dude - I knew you wouldn't be away for long. Awesome deal for an 03 4x4 with that kinda mileage etc.

Will trundle the 4Runner over for a Mod Day - I have some Torsion Bars and Wheel Bearings on order for her to go on myself laugh

#320849 - 13/02/08 07:11 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Big congrats anytime you need me Adam i am there....thanks for your help with my rig so now its time to return the offer.I think i have an extra set of mud-flaps for that rig you want then? laugh

#320850 - 13/02/08 07:39 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by penski61:
congrats adam!!!

I'm still working on it and have a few weekends to go, as well as insurance/registration, so no, I can't. Besides, I have to work on the new X.

Thanks though!

I've got just about every guage you can have and it borderline, overboard. I had to rewire a bunch of stuff, that I didn't know any better at the time. The wires were getting very hot (Too hot to touch) and that's not good with the fuel tank within literally inches. I bought a new rear seat (ok new to me) and it looks wierd to see it in there. I have to cut a section of the roll cage out, that goes between the center section. There's hardly any room to climb in the back without doing some yoga first.

I keep running into things that are slowing me down, but I'm trying to force myself to take a little more time now and enjoy fewer problems later.

I'll have to wait for a rear bumper before I can tow, but as soon as I can, I want to go camping at my claim, that is when I don't freeze my ass off. I'm hoping I can tow the bug up there. It's fun to run around on the roads and see the country side.

Anyways. Later.

Oh BTW - Joannie said go for the full-Shrock, so I'll be calling him when I get the time to talk.
[gigling like a school girl inside] Did I say I love my Wife?

#320851 - 13/02/08 07:41 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by penski61:
[b]congrats adam!!!

I'm still working on it and have a few weekends to go, as well as insurance/registration, so no, I can't. Besides, I have to work on the new X.

Thanks though!

I've got just about every guage you can have and it borderline, overboard. I had to rewire a bunch of stuff, that I didn't know any better at the time. The wires were getting very hot (Too hot to touch) and that's not good with the fuel tank within literally inches. I bought a new rear seat (ok new to me) and it looks wierd to see it in there. I have to cut a section of the roll cage out, that goes between the center section. There's hardly any room to climb in the back without doing some yoga first.

I keep running into things that are slowing me down, but I'm trying to force myself to take a little more time now and enjoy fewer problems later.

I'll have to wait for a rear bumper before I can tow, but as soon as I can, I want to go camping at my claim, that is when I don't freeze my ass off. I'm hoping I can tow the bug up there. It's fun to run around on the roads and see the country side.

Anyways. Later.

Oh BTW - Joannie said go for the full-Shrock, so I'll be calling him when I get the time to talk.
[gigling like a school girl inside] Did I say I love my Wife?[/b]
If ya need any company up at the claim - let us know! smile Love that place.

#320852 - 13/02/08 08:44 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I'll have to wait for a rear bumper before I can tow, but as soon as I can, I want to go camping at my claim, that is when I don't freeze my ass off. I'm hoping I can tow the bug up there.
Adam, I'll bring my ATVs up there anytime you want to go (well, after my diff get fixed). Just let me know.

#320853 - 13/02/08 08:47 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's two sets of shackles [ThumbsUp] .. I bought 'em for my Scout. Believe it or not, Calmini Blue is a perfect match to my '66's chassis, susp, and steering.

#320854 - 14/02/08 06:03 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Rog!

You know, I am missing the Front mud Flaps! [Finger]

Now that I've piqued everyone's interest, (including my own) I can't wait to get to go camping again.

Looks like we would have a great turnout. [ThumbsUp]

#320855 - 14/02/08 06:45 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Tell Jim that Sheila with the two Nissans told ya to do a package thing becuase you treated her so well. He should remember her, she did all of the calls back and forth with Jim when we setup our deal. I know he has refered people to me just to show my truck and what his stuff turns out like.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#320856 - 14/02/08 06:49 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Quote:
[b]Oh BTW - Joannie said go for the full-Shrock, so I'll be calling him when I get the time to talk.
Tell Jim that Sheila with the two Nissans told ya to do a package thing becuase you treated her so well. He should remember her, she did all of the calls back and forth with Jim when we setup our deal. I know he has refered people to me just to show my truck and what his stuff turns out like.

-MadManX[/b]
Thanks! I'll do that, Now I Better Get to Work!!!!

#320857 - 14/02/08 08:15 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Congrats Adam. I will pm that info this afternoon. Don't forget to take off the steprails. [Laughing] [Spit]

#320858 - 14/02/08 09:55 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
Congrats Adam. I will pm that info this afternoon. Don't forget to take off the steprails. [Laughing] [Spit]
Also, Can't forget that I don't have the locker either. smile Steprails will be coming off before going out. :p

#320859 - 15/02/08 01:09 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats adam on getting back into the game.

I've still yet to mount the skids, haha.

#320860 - 15/02/08 08:43 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Steprails will be coming off before going out. :p
Wha? Not during?! I swear, it happens, just as fast!

#320861 - 15/02/08 08:51 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh ya, i live like 10 minutes away from Shrockworks *NEENER NEENER NEENER*

#320862 - 15/02/08 08:56 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ProjectX:
oh ya, i live like 10 minutes away from Shrockworks *NEENER NEENER NEENER*
[Finger] At least my X originated from TX. laugh

#320863 - 15/02/08 08:58 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Steprails will be coming off before going out. :p
Wha? Not during?! I swear, it happens, just as fast![/b]
It's funny because they are already a little bent up and it hasn't ever seen offroad, at least as far as I can tell. They did hit something with it at some time as there's a huge dent in the bottom of the radiator support, but nothing structural. I'll be giving a thorough inspection tomorrow.

#320864 - 15/02/08 01:50 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
they are already a little bent up and it hasn't ever seen offroad, at least as far as I can tell. They did hit something with it at some time as there's a huge dent in the bottom of the radiator support, but nothing structural.
[Uh Oh !]

#320865 - 15/02/08 01:54 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
they are already a little bent up and it hasn't ever seen offroad, at least as far as I can tell. They did hit something with it at some time as there's a huge dent in the bottom of the radiator support, but nothing structural.
[Uh Oh !]
No worries. I tested the drivetrain and all works great. I do think it needs a manifold, so after I confirm I will "Search" and see what I need to do and where to get the best one from. I thought about headers, but I hate leaks, etc. and it will need emmisions in October.

#320866 - 16/02/08 07:37 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

While Joannie was watching the Kiddos I managed to get some new shoes for the X today and do an oil change as well as do some work on the other 2 cars (Baja and Chrysler).

We went with the Firestone Destination A/T's 265/75/R16. I found one of the Grabbers had a huge gash in the sidewall, so I couldn't wait. Sorry Dan. I'll still take the Shackles though.

Anyways, after the Bug show in the Morning (sunday) we are going to head up to Flagstaff to play around in the Snow and eat at Mike and Rhondas. If anyone is interested give me a call. 602-377-7922

I'm sure you're all a bit burned out from the last two days and it's totally last minute.

After inspecting I need a new centerlink, so I'll check into the Hoohaa I see advert here. Everything else looks really good, except for Plug wires that look like they were chewed on. eek Doesn't seem to affect the running of the engine at all, but the test will be climbing the mountain to Flag.

The oil was super black and the air filter plugged, so it should be a lot happier, once I get back, I'll go get the gear oil, trans fluid, etc. to change everything.

I'll try and get some nonpavement pics up soon. [Wave]

#320867 - 16/02/08 08:05 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice one - I just put the Destination ATs on mine too and they handle WAY better than the BF Goodrich. Those sucked balls in the wet - sliding all over the place. But in yesterdays rain I couldn't even make it slip with the Firestones on her and I was trying too! laugh

#320868 - 16/02/08 08:32 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
While Joannie was watching the Kiddos I managed to get some new shoes for the X today and do an oil change as well as do some work on the other 2 cars (Baja and Chrysler).

We went with the Firestone Destination A/T's 265/75/R16. I found one of the Grabbers had a huge gash in the sidewall, so I couldn't wait. Sorry Dan. I'll still take the Shackles though.

Anyways, after the Bug show in the Morning (sunday) we are going to head up to Flagstaff to play around in the Snow and eat at Mike and Rhondas. If anyone is interested give me a call. 602-377-7922

I'm sure you're all a bit burned out from the last two days and it's totally last minute.

After inspecting I need a new centerlink, so I'll check into the Hoohaa I see advert here. Everything else looks really good, except for Plug wires that look like they were chewed on. eek Doesn't seem to affect the running of the engine at all, but the test will be climbing the mountain to Flag.

The oil was super black and the air filter plugged, so it should be a lot happier, once I get back, I'll go get the gear oil, trans fluid, etc. to change everything.

I'll try and get some nonpavement pics up soon. [Wave]
Sweet Adam. glad everything is working out!!! I should make it up to Phoenix within the next 3 weeks.

#320869 - 17/02/08 06:31 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We figured we don't want to freeze while walking around the show and are just going straight up for a brunch at M&R's so I'll post up a couple of pics hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

I think we'll be leaving by 8:30, we'll see with this caravan. [LOL]

#320870 - 17/02/08 10:11 AM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's about 52 degrees up here right now...I doubt you'll be freezing. But it is wet and sloppy.

#320871 - 17/02/08 02:49 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats Adam! [ThumbsUp]

Glad to have you back amongst us.

#320872 - 17/02/08 05:57 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Tom. It was quite warm, I took about every jacket we had, but only needed a light flannel.

Took I-17 to Stoneman lake road. Said it was closed to through traffic, so we forged ahead anyways. There wasn't anything that was hard, just a little muddy. Drove by Mormon Lake and was surprised how much snow there is on the ground up there. Very Nice.

Went to M&R's and had the Hungry man special. 3 eggs, hash browns, slab of ham and 3 pancakes. Almost finished the whole thing.

Will post pics later.

#320873 - 17/02/08 06:37 PM Re: Back in the Saddle again...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Somehow I don't think this is real.

Family Photo.

The Snow sucked for making a snowman, very icy.

The little town of Mormon, there's a store behind all that snow.

Lots of fun and the X did great, I really like the tires and would highly recommend them, however I don't beleive they balanced them very good.

Sure miss those extra ponies, but don't miss the worry of the Diffs. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal