Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#321407 - 23/09/05 03:26 PM Roof Rack Issues
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
So, I am driving home from work today, minding my own business [Freak] and all of a sudden I hear this noise like something just hit the roof of my X [Huh?] . I look in the rear view and see one of the cross memebers falling to the ground and bouncing down the road eek (good thing the person behind me was back a ways and was able to move out of the way [Uh Oh !] ).

I went back to pick it up, I do not think anyone ran it over, but the tumble down the road took its toll on it. Both plastic ends are pretty much worthless now and there is a dent in the bar frown .

The funny thing about it is that I have never used my roof rack at all. Not once and it comes off like that???? I checked the other when I got home and it is on there pretty sound. Makes me really wonder how it falls off like that after almost 5 years.

Should I even replace it? I do not think I would still ever use it, but when I trade it in or sell it I would hate to leave the new owner with just one. Anyone have any idea how to get my hands on the plastic end pieces (the center bar section is still pretty useable)?

#321408 - 23/09/05 06:38 PM Re: Roof Rack Issues
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow.. that pretty random to have just a roof rack bar fall off! [Laughing]

I've always had good luck at Alma Imports Its a salvage yard, and i've been there a few times to find some goodies. I picked up a tow hitch, spare tire and some Roof Basket bolts there myself, very decently priced. I say give them a Call, because i know its pretty far from where you live.

Also, i would say if they don't have it, then just wait until they do, but i wouldn't go out and try to find a new one in a hurry.

Oh, you may also want to check ebay.

PS: Sorry about your loss.
[Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal