Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#321453 - 30/04/08 12:01 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition - FREE
Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar - FREE

These are the free versions of my favorite tools. I use them daily (ok so I use Standard, and Team Professional versions of Visial Studio 2005 and 2008).

The Visual Studio suiets can all use FrontPage extensions for publishing (or FTP). And they don't generate horrible looking code, work great with CSS and JavaScrip, and have intelisense to make you not have to memorize everything. And if our host supports .Net, you can build some awsome web applications (that's where what I do for a living comes in).

My other favorite tool is is the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio for working with databases. But, I don't think our site is data driven yet (that would get rid alot of your work if it were though).

Check these out... Since FrontPage you do have to purchase it either separatly or as part of an office suiet (and it isn't cheap, $100+ for a license).

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#321454 - 30/04/08 01:29 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Randy. I'll check it out when I can find the time.

#321455 - 30/04/08 02:32 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Thanks Randy. I'll check it out when I can find the time.
The Visual Studio should be FrontPage on crack (I haven't used FrontPage in probably 6yrs, but last I remember it was MS InterDev meets MS Word).

It should have a pretty freindly feel, split screens are there, the intelesense is the only way to roll, and almost all the tools have wizards or desingers to help speed up the process. And the thing even error checks and notifies you of possible problems and depending on what you are doing, solutions too.

If you need pages cleaned up and made to conform to current web standards (and work cross browsers) kick me over the HTMs and any JSs and CSS sheets and I'll clean it all up for you in a couple hours.

The last two years that's all I have done was update other companies websites, so It's almost second nature now. I'm pretty sure most everyone here has on accedent been to a site that I ether wrote or worked on by now. Heck I've had some of my work SlashDotted and Penny Arcaded.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#321456 - 01/05/08 10:29 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tim, You've been busy bud. You'll want to rotate, crop or otherwise resize before uploading your pictures.

You passed me up on the personal gallery. :p

As of a few minutes ago we were at 1950 Views, Not bad!

Did you want to post a link in the Pictures section of XOC?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal