Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#322258 - 23/10/03 10:08 AM Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Hey guys I was thinking of getting the truck dirty on Sunday. If anyone wants to go I could use the help getting unstuck. I don't know where yet and I'm open for options.

#322259 - 23/10/03 03:09 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice to see your still out there T.. laugh We missed ya' at the coke ovens although todrick says he's going(or wants to) this weekend. Hows the air ram/snorkle coming? Got any pics yet?

#322260 - 23/10/03 03:13 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
yeah i want to run box canyon and the general area... Test out my Jeep Cherokee, with a my wifes co-worker who runs a '97 TJ.

althoguh I wasn't out here for the State Trust land permit meeting, So its lookin like i would have to head to the office tomorrow and pick one up

#322261 - 23/10/03 05:06 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Yellow Gecko Offline

Ya that sounds fine if there is mud still left. I am going to try to put that snorkel together Friday. Where are the pics from the Coke Ovens?

#322262 - 23/10/03 05:19 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andy, Spooky? Is there any mud out there? laugh [LOL]

#322263 - 23/10/03 05:22 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used a new throw away digi camera and sent it in for prints and it comes with a disc of images. I should have some very incriminating pictures back tomorrow laugh . By the way, TREMORX, whassup with the prints for Thomas? The world will be a better place for all when their posted ya' know.

#322264 - 23/10/03 05:49 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Todrick Offline

the river is damn controlled, therefore instead of just a bit of mud, it could be a large river...

as it was Sunday AFTERNOON, as reported by the Jeep Jamboree attendees who visited it.

Quote:
Across the Gila is the old town site of Chochran. If the water is low, there is a river crossing to the west of Chochran that can be taken for an exit out to the Florence-Kelvin Highway...
Quote:
...decided to exit through the Gila River and come find two of the three exits were blocked off so if you head out there you should proboly plan on going out the same way you came.

#322265 - 23/10/03 05:55 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jason, it was my first time there so I can't be sure if were talking aboot the same area, but there was NO river water there sat/sun when we were out. Just lots of good mud.

#322266 - 23/10/03 05:57 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Todrick Offline

yes, i spoke to tremorx last night, he said you guys had left before the afternoon...

if it was damn controled(as it is) then the damn was opened after you all left

#322267 - 23/10/03 06:23 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
You could always run with the Datsun Car club and SWANKy on Saturday to Sedona. Once up there the car guys are gonna hop in with us and we are running Greasy Spoon.

Meet at the gas station I17 and Carfree highway 8am.

#322268 - 23/10/03 06:28 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Marshall, [Wave] Whats the trail like there; slickrock,forest road,gravel? will I need lockers for Greasy Spoon? When you say Sedona, does that mean Broken Arrow? I think me mum and me nephews'd enjoy a trip to the rocks..Ill see ya at 8. [Smoking]

#322269 - 23/10/03 06:43 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone4x4:
You could always run with the Datsun Car club and SWANKy on Saturday to Sedona. Once up there the car guys are gonna hop in with us and we are running Greasy Spoon.

Meet at the gas station I17 and Carfree highway 8am.
I would but:

-Its a longer drive to get there
-My free day is sunday
-I don't think the Datsun guys wanna ride in a Jeep

smile

#322270 - 23/10/03 06:52 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
spooky1 Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Andy, Spooky? Is there any mud out there? laugh [LOL]
Yes, $23.00 worth on the floor of the carwash at Rural and University. laugh

"Duct tape is like the Force: It has a dark side and a light side - and it holds the universe together."

#322271 - 23/10/03 10:12 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
Dan your truck will be fine on Greasy Spoon. Page 95 of the Arizona Backroads and 4 Wheel Drive Trails book if you have it.

#322272 - 24/10/03 08:37 AM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
I was gonna try Greasy Spoon but I've been so busy at work that I just want a weekend to sleep in. I'm up for goofing off in the mud, though.

#322273 - 24/10/03 09:11 AM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Yellow Gecko Offline

Cool so we are down for some mud. I haven't been to box canyon, how long will it take? I need to be in North PHX by 5pm. If your looking for daring stuff Table Mesa has it all. Let me know what you have your heart set on and lets set up a meeting spot.

#322274 - 24/10/03 10:30 AM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Todrick Offline

I'm kinda just playing it by ear on Box Canyon... that is the only trail i definately plan to run... but that only cause thats the only one I have been on out there.

I'm planning to meet up at 9:45am somewhere on the 60(no need to bust our asses getting up too early) and then caravan down to FJ at 10 or 10:15. eat lunch on the trails, departure time will depend largely on who is there, but i figured grab a bite to eat and maybe a drink or two on the way home.

im off alma school, but don't know the 60 too well, if anyone knows of a gas station around there, where we can meet up, please let me know.

My wifes co-worker, while having a fairly built Jeep TJ, is apparently a bit of a novice. Add that to me being unsure of my new vehicle and I don't expect to run anything too difficult.

I am not up for mud, water crossings yes, mud no. But would be happy to hang out while others play in the mud.

PM me and I will give you my number so we can sort out times/locations. that or simply post here.

I have to head to Phoenix right now to get a state trust land permit laugh

#322275 - 24/10/03 08:42 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
spooky1 Offline

I doubt you will encounter any mud if you are just staying in/around Box Canyon/Martinez Cabins area. The only place we found "mud" was down in the Gila River Bed which was "bone dry" except for a few "mud holes", very,very stinky "mud holes".

"Duct tape is like the Force: It has a dark side and a light side - and it holds the universe together."

#322276 - 24/10/03 09:06 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Anonymous
Unregistered

These transfered real grainy, I'll Figure it out before I post the rest. From top to bottom-Ryans in past his hubs! I'm comin' through! The Hauser guys have a moment alone. Yellow Jacket giving Andy a hand.

[img]http://lw10fd.law10.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...1689&mimepart=6[/img] [img]http://lw10fd.law10.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...1689&mimepart=7[/img] [img]http://lw10fd.law10.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...1689&mimepart=8[/img] [img]http://lw10fd.law10.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...1689&mimepart=9[/img] [Smoking]

#322277 - 24/10/03 10:40 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
spooky1 Offline

Dan fix your pics. laugh

#322278 - 24/10/03 11:00 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
spooky1 Offline

If you look close, you can see the ripples in the water because my exhaust pipe was under water. This is Andy. This is also where I got stuck around 9 at night, except when I opened my door it scraped the mud and you could not see my sliders. I just thought this was a cool picture. cool

#322279 - 24/10/03 11:25 PM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
im off alma school, but don't know the 60 too well, if anyone knows of a gas station around there, where we can meet up, please let me know.
I say we meet up at the Florence Junction gas station (where you turn off of 60 then go towards Florence).

Since you're not too far from me, if you want to just meet up with me somewhere that'd be fine.

#322280 - 25/10/03 12:40 AM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Todrick Offline

works for me... lets meet at the FJ texaco(?) at 10:30am leave at 10:45
Michael, you and I can hook up somewhere by chandler mall if thats cool. Maybe right in front of Chilis at 9:45?

the Guy with the TJ backed out(Is sick)... which is good and bad...

Its good cause there will be less trucks and we can cover more ground.

Its bad, cause I figured i wouldn't have to have recovery gear cause he did(I currently don't own any) so if anyone has gear(even just a strap) that would help a lot. I'm really not planning to need it, but thats when you usualy do laugh

#322281 - 25/10/03 05:27 AM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
If you're going to go play in the mud by the Gila- Definitely take straps! Some of that stuff was like quicksand and the other was thick mudshit.

Why didn't you guys just go with us last week?

#322282 - 25/10/03 08:34 AM Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?
Yellow Gecko Offline

Hey Xrock... you want to go play in the mud Sunday? I'm going to put the snorkel in in the morning and try it out in the afternoon. But I'll need some one to pull me out if I get in over my head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal