2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#323890 - 31/03/03 09:19 PM Engine light
xterracal Offline

Loc: Surprise Arizona
Has anyone had a problem with the engine light comming on after getting the engine wet? I washed the X today and sprayed the engine down to remove the dust. Did some chasing around and parked it on the street to mow the lawn. When I started it to put it on the driveway the light came on and won't go out even after removing the battery terminal.WTF? To the dealer I go. Any ideas? frown mad

#323891 - 31/03/03 10:11 PM Re: Engine light
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Yup, it's a fairly common problem that occurs when doing water crossings, splashing in puddles and/or washing the engine. Most of the time it is the o2 sensor, and it sometimes fixes itself.

Here is a link
And another

If you do a search for "engine light" shocked you will get MANY threads to read that have diagnostic codes listed. Some say that it fixed itself after a couple days, others went to the dealer and had the o2 sensor replaced. confused

I personally have not had the light come on. Although I do run STP fuel injector cleaner about every 3rd oil change to keep the injectors clean. I think this also helps the o2 sensors from getting gunked up. smile

A side note, I don't think disconnecting the battery will reset the error code. I'd need to check the ESM but I think I recall somebody else talking about this a long time ago. wink

#323892 - 01/04/03 09:04 PM Re: Engine light
xterracal Offline

Loc: Surprise Arizona
How do I get the code out of the computer on Nissans? confused I know how on Toyotas.

By the way thank you!

#323893 - 02/04/03 09:11 PM Re: Engine light
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Just sent you an email. I found the procedures for self diagnostics and have all the codes. [Geek] [Geek] Let me know if you want to take a look. [Freak]

Feel free to call me at your convenience. wink [Wave]

#323894 - 02/04/03 09:47 PM Re: Engine light
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Craigs_Tonka:
I found the procedures for self diagnostics and have all the codes. [Geek] [Geek] Let me know if you want to take a look. [Freak] [Wave]
Hey Craig - would you mind PMing or emailing me the info on the codes? My SES light just came on again, and I'm super tired of going to the dealer and having them tell me it "might be my remote starter"... uuggh...

Thanks in advance if you can. [Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal