Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#324171 - 23/08/03 05:12 PM Lets build our own trail in a week!
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Hey guys and galls. I just finished up the first day of the NOHVCC meetings and I was talking with one of the people there. She is openning a huge off-road park between here and Buckeye. To get to the point she asked for some help in designing a part of the park that would be challenging for our type of vehicles. I'm calling an emergency meeting. The design of the park is being done this up coming week and we need the plans as soon as possible. I would like to get together ASAP to talk about a potential course or courses. Please get ahold of me 602-694-2047 or TCurry2@cox.net. To all who are willing to help thank you ahead of time. ThX, Travis

#324172 - 24/08/03 07:10 AM Re: Lets build our own trail in a week!
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
first of all, thanks for going to the nohvcc meetings. i had planned on it, but i let life get in the way.

designing an offf-road park sounds like a blast - way fun, and on wayyyyy to short of notice.

to do this we would need to know the lay of the land; hills, washes, rock piles, and general elevation stuff. is the land plot available? can we visit the land and see what's to work with? it would be easy enough to provide some generalities: steps, mogels, off-cambers, slick-steep hills, screed piles, boulders, and washes all provide varying degrees of fun & challenge.

#324173 - 24/08/03 07:36 AM Re: Lets build our own trail in a week!
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Let's go check out the land this afternoon.

#324174 - 24/08/03 09:15 AM Re: Lets build our own trail in a week!
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
do you know the specific plot?? there are more than several places it could be "between here and Buckeye."

#324175 - 24/08/03 10:15 PM Re: Lets build our own trail in a week!
Yellow Gecko Offline

Great idea. Does anyone have an idea for a good day? The earlier in the week the better because it'e in design now. I'll get with the owner and see when we can get a tour. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

#324176 - 26/08/03 08:57 AM Re: Lets build our own trail in a week!
Yellow Gecko Offline

I've talked to her secretary and she said it's all farm land. They don't no exactly where it is yet or something to that effect. I get the idea we can't see it. So I propose we get together with a pad and paper and draw out some fun challenges and what we want them to look like. I know the first thing on my list will be some type of mud course and mud pit. After all how often does it rain? Please get back with me so we can do this before the weekend. ThnX

#324177 - 26/08/03 06:31 PM Re: Lets build our own trail in a week!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Travis, if you can, post a fax #. I can easily render some things to ponder.I too enjoy a good mud bath( [Finger] )As well as steep pointed obstacles,shelves,and off camber strateegery.
*as an FNG however consider these scribbles merely delerious ramblings...* [Smoking]

#324178 - 26/08/03 07:38 PM Re: Lets build our own trail in a week!
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Here's a few pics of a fun one in NorCal, called Hollister Hills OHV Park. http://www.hollisterhills.com/ .

See the past pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/norcal_clubx and click on the "NCCX May Outing...." one.

There's a mud pit (very deep), a teeter totter, and serious, hardcore rock/boulder crawl area, a waterfall similar to the one in Sedona at Broken Arrow, and a whole boatload of trails from easy to very hard.

Might be worth a look if we really get the opportunity to design a "park" or trail.

#324179 - 26/08/03 08:41 PM Re: Lets build our own trail in a week!
Yellow Gecko Offline

Does anyone what to talk about what we can do over a beer tomorrow night? I live on the west side but I'm will to meet in a centeral location for you east siders. I hope to hear from all of you. As far as the fax number I don't have one to hand out I'm sorry.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal