2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#32383 - 30/12/03 11:20 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by nrg510:
laugh I couldn't resist, I bought one!
where?

#32384 - 30/12/03 11:35 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
The first one is a bit hard to read - but I like it the best.

It would be cool if there were a place (cheap) to get some die-cast... or maybe just some stickers that really look like it.
Kaiser - On the NE corner of 15th and Independence in Plano there is a riceboy shop called Concept Racing that has a sticker cutting machine. They even have a 'preferred' shop in Garland they send 'the tuff stuff' to.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#32385 - 30/12/03 03:51 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Here you go...

#32386 - 30/12/03 03:59 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Firth, you make that and I'm buying it. Dan

#32387 - 30/12/03 04:00 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Here you go...

I'll shoot $100 towards getting those decals made...we'll tell Chrysler the emblem is a symbol of having had raunchy sex in the X

#32388 - 30/12/03 05:04 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by maximusdelirious:
Quote:
Originally posted by nrg510:
[b] laugh I couldn't resist, I bought one!
where?[/b]
Just pull up Ebay and put in "trail rated" as your search terms. It should bring up several buy-it-now auctions for the emblems.

Nick.

#32389 - 30/12/03 05:19 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Here you go...

if you make those, ill buy one for sure. probably two...

#32390 - 30/12/03 05:41 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Changing a jeep symbol to make reference to the X, reminds me of people who put Type R stickers on anything except an ITR. Sure it's funny to see them on an old beat up metro, but when people put them on Civic's, Cavaliers, and sunfires, it just makes you shake your head.

#32391 - 30/12/03 05:43 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by sternieman:
Quote:
Changing a jeep symbol to make reference to the X, reminds me of people who put Type R stickers on anything except an ITR. Sure it's funny to see them on an old beat up metro, but when people put them on Civic's, Cavaliers, and sunfires, it just makes you shake your head.
Well - you have a point there... that it might not be too classy to actually put one on your truck... but it's funny nonetheless

#32392 - 30/12/03 05:51 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was going to use mine to cover up a spot on my rear diff the spare I had down there rubbed shiny. laugh

#32393 - 31/12/03 08:49 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
My parents had a 2003 JGC, they put 12k onn it and sold it. They have never had so much trouble with a vehicle. They tried to evoke the lemon law, but because Chrysler kept taking the truck back for repairs they (Chrysler) were making it diffficult for my parents to do much about it.

They had it in the shop 6 times in the past year. Here's what was replaced or repaired:

Master cylinder, front and rear brakes and rotors (twice) Somehow, a pin in the transmission broke stranding my mom in downtown Atlanta. The truck wouldn't go into any gear but reverse, but the main problem was the brakes.

The brakes were dragging, wearing on one side but not the other, causing it to pull whenever the brakes were applied..and on and on.

My cousin also bought one, a 2001. He also says it's giving him problems.

It may be trail rated, and I like regular Jeeps, but buyer beware!!

#32394 - 31/12/03 04:01 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Xtracurricular Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Before the X, I had a regular cherokee. It was a great vehicle off road. Disconnect the front sway bar and let it flex like mad. Having said that, it developed a leak at 45k in the rear diff pinion seal, required a 3" lift to fit 31"s, had a notoriously weak rear end, and hit the bumpstops routinely with two people in the back seat (nevermind three). Despite these things I would have bought it after the lease had the resale value not gone way down after the Liberty came out. Talk about a piece of shit. We rented a Liberty to do a little testing. The front LCA's hit anything over 4" tall, and thank god there was a skid on the front. No traction, plenty of horses w/ a resulting loss of low end torque, and tippy too. Jeeps are hit or miss. I have heard stories of cherokees lasting close to 400k, and even outlasting their door hinges. There are many more that fall into the category like the Grand mentioned in an earlier post. The only thing I miss with the X are the power and SFA. All in all I am much happier with the X, and think it will last longer...

#32395 - 31/12/03 08:23 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
NeoXer Offline

Loc: Dacula, Georgia
All you have to do is print the "x-rated" emblem, cut it out, laminate it (to protect it from water) then stick on some magnetic strips. Instant sticker. That's what I'm gonna do----and wear my "rating" proudly!!!! [Wave]

#32396 - 31/12/03 08:28 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn

Heres what you really need. wink

#32397 - 31/12/03 10:21 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Quote:
Here you go...

Pure genius! I like this badge the best!

#32398 - 31/12/03 11:07 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
like the "X-Rated" badge kinda cool but trail rated is a marketing gimick in my humble meaningless opinion. personally i would take a solid front axle, ample powered jeep over my X but i am a Jeep person at heart.

Thomas Jefferson

#32399 - 01/01/04 01:16 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Here you go...

just got back from Staples with some sticker paper to print some of these up on...first one came out really good...but purple in color compared to the scan...any ideas once I get the colors right on how to water/fade proof these things??? a clear spray coat perhaps??

#32400 - 01/01/04 01:54 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
[b]Here you go...

just got back from Staples with some sticker paper to print some of these up on...first one came out really good...but purple in color compared to the scan...any ideas once I get the colors right on how to water/fade proof these things??? a clear spray coat perhaps??[/b]
Ok, got the colors right...just need to water/fade proof them...think like 3 and 1/3 by 4 incesh is pretty good to go on the back window of an X....

#32401 - 01/01/04 04:38 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by NeoXer:
All you have to do is print the "x-rated" emblem, cut it out, laminate it (to protect it from water) then stick on some magnetic strips. Instant sticker. That's what I'm gonna do----and wear my "rating" proudly!!!! [Wave]
I'd say this is the easiest way. At Walmart they have magnetic sheets in the crafts dept... affix your laminated sticker/printout to these sheets and cut out the emblem from the sheet. Instant fridge magnet or emblem to stick on your rear hatch.

#32402 - 01/01/04 05:02 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Quote:
Originally posted by NeoXer:
[b]All you have to do is print the "x-rated" emblem, cut it out, laminate it (to protect it from water) then stick on some magnetic strips. Instant sticker. That's what I'm gonna do----and wear my "rating" proudly!!!! [Wave]
I'd say this is the easiest way. At Walmart they have magnetic sheets in the crafts dept... affix your laminated sticker/printout to these sheets and cut out the emblem from the sheet. Instant fridge magnet or emblem to stick on your rear hatch.[/b]
thought of and read that...my only issue with that is that a magnet on my fridge can't be seen by the outside world and a magnet on my x can be stolen/moved or worse...get sand underneath it and then move....scratches galore...

#32403 - 07/01/04 10:25 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
spalind Offline

Quote:
Here you go...

OK, finished waterproofing them, not sure about the fade resistance of them....will put one on the back of the X this afternoon and put up a picture of it tonight...if anyone is interested in one just PM me your address and I will mail one for free...not that it would be that difficult to do it yourself...but figured I'd be nice and offer....

#32404 - 07/01/04 10:47 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
MaloCS Offline

Not trying to be an ass but why bother? The Jeep "Trail Rated" badge is nothing more than a marketing campaign, just like Pepsi's "The Choice of a New Generation".

The Xterra is a Nissan not a Jeep. It is what it is. If you are that taken with Jeep marketing pitches then buy a Jeep.

Anyway, to each their own. Have fun. smile

#32405 - 07/01/04 11:39 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
Not trying to be an ass but why bother? The Jeep "Trail Rated" badge is nothing more than a marketing campaign, just like Pepsi's "The Choice of a New Generation".

The Xterra is a Nissan not a Jeep. It is what it is. If you are that taken with Jeep marketing pitches then buy a Jeep.

But don't you see?? that is the whole point!!! To make fun of the Jeep marketing program by doing a sarcastic take off of their badge!!! It is supposed to anger/annoy/question Jeep owners in general and Grocery Getters in particular!!

#32406 - 07/01/04 11:42 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I want to see somebody sue Jeep for not covering trail damage under the warranty. Since they are now openly claiming that their vehicles are "Trail Rated", I believe that trail use falls squarely under "intended usage" and not under "abuse" - which is what they always say trail use is.

#32407 - 07/01/04 12:08 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
[b]Not trying to be an ass but why bother? The Jeep "Trail Rated" badge is nothing more than a marketing campaign, just like Pepsi's "The Choice of a New Generation".

But don't you see?? that is the whole point!!! To make fun of the Jeep marketing program by doing a sarcastic take off of their badge!!! It is supposed to anger/annoy/question Jeep owners in general and Grocery Getters in particular!![/b]
Sorry. I don't see the point. I don't understand this whole Xterra vs. Jeep thing anyway. Each vehicle has is pluses and minuses. I chose the Xterra because of it's offroad performance and the ability to take the family on vacation. The price tag didn't hurt either.

Besides, any real Jeeper knows that "Trail Rated" badge means nothing. Do you really think the TRUE Jeepers want that crap on their sheet metal. I doubt it.

That was an advertising campaign designed to dupe the soccer mom into think her Jeep is better then any other 4x4 out there. After all, it is TRAIL RATED. Gimme a break. If you want to tell if a vehicle is trail rated just look at the mods and that should give you an indication of it's trail worthiness.

Again, I'm not trying to be agressive. I just don't understand. smile

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal