2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#325737 - 05/10/05 02:05 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holding off until the new year. Then Linds will have been working for 3 months in her current job and we can finanace through our bank. Plus we'll get Christmas out of the way and get the tax rebate and her injury claim in the bank from when she got hit in her car. That'll give me a chance to sell mine privately and make more $$$$. We can struggle with 1 car for a few weeks if needed as we both now work at the same place, if mine sells before we can find the right OR.

One thing I sure as hell won't be doing is going back to Pinnicle Nissan, they practically held me hostage after taking my keys so they could appraise the trade in. Then offered me a bullshit $6000 for it and acted like they were doing me a favor offering me 84 month financing which was still higher than the 72 month price through Brown & Brown.

Chris Conrey at Brown & Brown (Fleet Manager) has been very understanding and awesome to deal with. Highly reccomend dealing with that dude if anyone else is in the market in the near future. Invoice pricing, plus a more reasonable $8000 trade in offer on my X.

So there are still 2 Night Armor 4x4 OR's floating around in the valley right now. Both Auto with the Rockford Fossgate audio and tow packages. Yours for about $27k +TT&L at Brown & Brown.

Roll on the new year! smile

#325738 - 05/10/05 03:16 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Roger, wether you will admit it or not, Pinnacle doesn't need your business. Their clientel is drawn from an area you or I simply can't afford. When a guy walks in and says, "I'd like an '05 4wd OR Xterra", he usually cuts a check for the vehicle and drives away. They aren't worried about your trade in value or what you think of their sales practice. If you can't afford to play their way, No big deal to them, the next guy that walks in the door will be a no hassle lay down and give them just what they want. Sorry buddy, but that's really the way it is... frown

#325739 - 05/10/05 03:21 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

I couldn't agree more. Buying in Scottsdale probably wasn't a wise idea, but with the contact we had through the club I thought they might put me in contact with the right person. Instead I ended up with the evil salesman from hell who was totally out to make himself $$$ and not save me money. Chris at Brown & Brown couldn't be more different.

Even Scottsdale Nissan which is barely in Scottsdale, more like North Tempe, their sales technique was totally different.

I've learned a thing or 2 anyway and will be better prepared in the new year.

#325740 - 05/10/05 03:38 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

smile

#325741 - 05/10/05 03:48 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
One thing I sure as hell won't be doing is going back to Pinnicle Nissan, they practically held me hostage after taking my keys so they could appraise the trade in.
Funny thing was in talking with Tom Seiter before the last meeting that is what I told him turned me off from Midway. They pretty much laid down in front of our car so we couldn't move when we tried to leave. He told me that they really didn't do the presure selling at Pinnicle Nissan, because of the reasons that Dan stated. Guess he was wrong. I would have just asked to talk with him once they turned into A$$holes.

#325742 - 05/10/05 05:22 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who at Midway did you deal with? Just curios. Of all the bastards I dealt with in buying my 05 I bought from them.

#325743 - 05/10/05 05:28 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've bought 3 vehicles at MIdway, & never had a problem.. confused

#325744 - 05/10/05 07:56 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Yzerman:
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
[b]One thing I sure as hell won't be doing is going back to Pinnicle Nissan, they practically held me hostage after taking my keys so they could appraise the trade in.
Funny thing was in talking with Tom Seiter before the last meeting that is what I told him turned me off from Midway. They pretty much laid down in front of our car so we couldn't move when we tried to leave. He told me that they really didn't do the presure selling at Pinnicle Nissan, because of the reasons that Dan stated. Guess he was wrong. I would have just asked to talk with him once they turned into A$$holes.[/b]
When the 'Nice' sales guy (Walter Dolan) couldn't cut the deal, they swaped him out for the 'Manger' or whatever. The normal car sales trick, he was the evil fucker who made me feel very uncomfortable and wouldn't get my keys until I initialed his stupid piece of paper and he left.

Then some other dude took over and I said 'Give me my keys - I want to leave' and the evil manager dude came back again! lol. He's like 'But didn't we just reach a deal here?'. And I told him for the 20th time that I wasn't happy with only $6000 for my trade and that I knew damn well it would be for sale the next day for $12,000. Plus the fact that the price they were trying to sell the 05 for was like $2000 over invoice. It was a very uncomfortable and irritating experience. Luckily I think me raising my voice asking for my keys back made him a little edgy as there were other buyers around. I told them I just wanted to go and talk it over with my wife then I'd be back and eventually that got me the hell out of there. Wish I had gotten the evil dudes name.

#325745 - 05/10/05 07:57 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
I've bought 3 vehicles at MIdway, & never had a problem.. confused
I didn't go to Midway, by the amazing way Brown & Brown have treated me and the proximity to my house, I don't think I'd want to go anywhere else.

#325746 - 05/10/05 08:40 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by AZN8iveX:
Who at Midway did you deal with? Just curios. Of all the bastards I dealt with in buying my 05 I bought from them.
It was when I first moved here over 3 years ago. I really don't remember, but it turned me so much that I've never gone back. It's a shame, because I work about 2-3 miles from there, would be very easy to get service and such done. But now I drive over to Pinnicle Nissan for that. I had even told the guy at Midway I owned a Nissan and was looking for a place to have service done.

Not only did they try and stop us by standing in back of us so that we could not back up, but the F%*Ker had the guts to call my wife a few days later and asked her if she was still interested and when she told them what we bought they guy started cutting the car down. That's what sold me never to step foot in there again. I can understand the pushy salesman when we are there, but to call up and act like an A$$Hole is not acceptable in my book. So I take my business elsewhere. Glad it's worked out for the rest of you, but I'd never step a foot in that place the way they treated us.

#325747 - 07/10/05 10:21 AM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

mad mad Yeah MIDWAY sucks. mad mad The pressure, there tactics really bite.I have had my X for 32 days and last night a got home and in the mail was a credit denial from capitol one who im suppose to be financed with. So I call capitol one they have no record of me so i call MIDWAY, they say of yeah we made a mistake a car with that many miles should of never went to capitol were sorry but hang on to the car we are trying other companys. I said this guy Jeremy Bird who did the signing on my contract knows this and he saw capitol one on the loan papers and he went ahead anyways,I take the car home love it and want to keep it,so know you guys have a better chance of financing my with a higher rate right or you will want more down right.FUCKERS!!!. Oh no it was a honest mistake were sorry this guy kevin tells me. So now im in libo ordered shakles bought some other things and if i do get approved I have to go back down there see these assholes again and probably get a nice ass reaming. Or I have to turn the car back in that will be so messed up. My friend tells me they probably keep the down as a rental fee they do not have to return it. Ya know when the papers are signed you think it is a done deal iron clad, Why is there so many freakin GAMES. Everybody out to make all the money they can at the cost of good people. the car business is so fucked up in so many ways it is one big circle jerk with good honest people in the middle. I was going to go camping this weekend now i don't really want to, but then Im think screw it go have fun.IF ANYBODYS has an idea how I can keep my X I would love to hear it.thanks for reading my rant!!! mad mad

#325748 - 07/10/05 12:04 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think 99% of people in the real world would agree that the car market is the worst, most dishonest, business out there. I always feel dirty after my experiences of car shopping and purchasing. I feel your frustration. Hang in there.

My suggestion is to put as many miles on it as possible so they will not want it back. It will not resell easy that way. I did that with a lease ( never again ). I was called 3 weeks alter and said that the leasing company denied my app. So I could return the truck or give them $1,000 and take a high interest rate. So I said "sure you can have the car back if I can't have the deal we agreed upon." When they ask about the mileage on it, they were so shocked they did not want the vehicle back. Suddenly the lease would work as originally written up.

Last Suggestion is to go sign up for Sun West Fed Credit Union. They do a very good job and will give 110% of the vehicle value in a loan to you.

Keep us updated.

#325749 - 07/10/05 12:45 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most credit unions will give you a good deal and none of them need anything special to sign up. Desert Schools just requires you deposit $25 in the account to sign up, then you get a 5.5% APR rate. I bank with SunWest and they have always been awesome, I just tried buying at the wrong time with my wife just switching jobs.

Edit to add.

Pinnicle went through their whole process without ever running my credit. For all they know I could have had a 300 credit score and they were still quoting prices / payments without any kind of credit check. If your credit is over 650 then you shouldn't have any problems.

#325750 - 07/10/05 02:15 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I also had a horrible time with Pinnacle when I was buying my Xterra. Same deal, wouldn't give me anything I felt was reasonable for my trade, felt like I was held hostage, etc etc. Then they called 2 days later to try and wheel and deal some more.

Ended up leaving and going to ABC the next day and buy my X. They also pulled the normal shady crap but they weren't nearly as bad. Which it seems is all you can hope for when buying a new car.

#325751 - 07/10/05 03:48 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW you might want to try Lund Cadillac next time... They treated us awesome in fact they have even sent us movie tickets and have filled my gas tank up both times I went back to do a few things to my H3. I enjoyed the experience so much that when I'm on that side of town I just stop in for a Starbucks and to say Hello. laugh

Midway and Peoria have the same owner, reguardless of which one you like better, the Same person gets your money either way.

#325752 - 07/10/05 04:01 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm very happy with Peoria; I leaving now to pick up the check they're cutting me in place of replacing the recalled bumper. smile

#325753 - 07/10/05 09:21 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally after all my experiences with dealers in the greater Phoenix area, I would never use them again. We got ours in Flagstaff, no high pressure sales, no questioning why I wanted a 4x4, no questioning what I had against automatic transmissions, nothing.

When it comes time to replace the 05, I will be heading up north again.

#325754 - 08/10/05 08:46 AM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll get one and it'll be the OR 4x4. Just gotta wait a few months. Which reminds me, better change the oil on mine today, I neglected it and went to 4k miles rather than the normal 3k because I figured it wasn't worth it if I was getting rid of her.

Selling mine privately, most likely at the end of Jan she will go up for sale. The wifes grandmother lives on an awesome corner lot, right near a high school. When I sold my old Monte Carlo it was on that corner for 3 days before it was sold. Every other car that has ever been put on that corner for sale has sold within 2 weeks. I'll throw her up there at Blue Book price and make a couple thousand more than trading her in.

#325755 - 08/10/05 07:15 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I neglected it and went to 4k miles rather than the normal 3k because I figured it wasn't worth it if I was getting rid of her.
At ease. Nissan recommends 3750 between changes anyways. So, you should be ok. Unless you're towing, or off-roading, or.. or... or... and then you're probably still ok.

#325756 - 09/10/05 11:05 AM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by MAKWAY:
Quote:
I neglected it and went to 4k miles rather than the normal 3k because I figured it wasn't worth it if I was getting rid of her.
At ease. Nissan recommends 3750 between changes anyways. So, you should be ok. Unless you're towing, or off-roading, or.. or... or... and then you're probably still ok.
I go 10K, is that bad? wink

#325757 - 09/10/05 01:41 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

NOSUP4U
Drive it like you stole it baby!
Maintaince too?
=)
you had better have synthetic oil in there...
That's all I can say.

#325758 - 09/10/05 01:52 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I am doing the same thing with mine. I change the oil filter at every 5000 and the oil at 10000. :p

#325759 - 09/10/05 02:04 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

You both do that with standard oil?

#325760 - 09/10/05 02:21 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm guessing Mobile 1 or some other fully synth. I use regular Dino juice, hense the 3k mile changes. I do about 3k miles in 3 months, so that's about 4 changes per year. Oil that comes out is a little brown, but pretty good. Engine runs like the day she was purchased 30k miles ago.

#325761 - 09/10/05 02:24 PM Re: Got my 05, then I had to take it back! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am with you on that one Rinky. I drive a lot more and end up doing 6 to 7 changes per year.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal