2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326049 - 16/10/07 10:07 AM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
Wow! Glad you're okay!

I see one person died after a Jeep rolled over somewhere at South Mountain early Sunday (2 am.)...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1014B1-talker1015.html [Uh Oh !]
[quote]The accident occurred about 2 a.m. Sunday[/quote/]

interesting time to be wheeling, sad none the less.

#326050 - 16/10/07 02:43 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey adam where about u at? im off work now and can head over with some tools

#326051 - 16/10/07 04:09 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by penski61:
hey adam where about u at? im off work now and can head over with some tools
Don't really need any tools, but if you'd like to drop by I'm at 43rd Ave and Bethany.
3940 W Claremont St. Phoenix, AZ 85019

Thanks for the offer.

#326052 - 16/10/07 04:26 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool u said your gonna start at 5:30?

#326053 - 16/10/07 04:32 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam I just took a look at the pics over at N4W I know the truck is trashed but for rolling 3 times and end over end it does not look like it. the X looks like it is still in pretty good shape for what it went thru even with that much carnage.
So if I am reading the story right and looking at the pictures it sounds like you went down the hill backwards and maybe caught a rut that sent you over maybe. I know it was horrible accident but and I know from the pictures does not say much but the one with Andy in it the down hill does not look to bad. I guess what i am saying is what happened?
I am so glad to hear you are alright even though we have never meet in person you have given me some good advice. Not that I am being a sissy but those pictures make me want to cry. I beat that phone call home sucked!! uuhh honey I aahhh rolled the truck I have made that call not with as much damage but still.
Again I am so so glad you are alright.

#326054 - 16/10/07 04:43 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

alright adam im heading out now with traffic the way it is at this time ill get there around 5:30 or so , see ya then

#326055 - 16/10/07 04:45 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam,
I won't be able to make it on the weekdays, but if you would like any help on the weekend, I'll be more than willing to help out. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Quote:
Originally posted by penski61:
[b]hey adam where about u at? im off work now and can head over with some tools
Don't really need any tools, but if you'd like to drop by I'm at 43rd Ave and Bethany.
3940 W Claremont St. Phoenix, AZ 85019

Thanks for the offer.[/b]

#326056 - 18/10/07 07:05 AM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by slmh1296:
Adam I just took a look at the pics over at N4W I know the truck is trashed but for rolling 3 times and end over end it does not look like it. the X looks like it is still in pretty good shape for what it went thru even with that much carnage.
So if I am reading the story right and looking at the pictures it sounds like you went down the hill backwards and maybe caught a rut that sent you over maybe. I know it was horrible accident but and I know from the pictures does not say much but the one with Andy in it the down hill does not look to bad. I guess what i am saying is what happened?
I am so glad to hear you are alright even though we have never meet in person you have given me some good advice. Not that I am being a sissy but those pictures make me want to cry. I beat that phone call home sucked!! uuhh honey I aahhh rolled the truck I have made that call not with as much damage but still.
Again I am so so glad you are alright.
Thank you.
Also thanks to Penkski for his help the other night.
Yeah the call to the wife definately sucked, she took it very well considering and I think realised that it wasn't something that should have happened.
I've played it over in my head a thousand times and just wish I would have just stopped when I knew I was in trouble and waited for help. Instead my gung ho attitude made me think I was going to pull it off, until I saw the ground coming up to the D/S window. I knew I was going over then, thought for a split second on putting the ol'hand out the window to stop it, but knew better.

It was basically all my fault for not waiting for help. Just very thankful that noone got hurt and there wasn't anyone at the bottom of the hill.

#326057 - 18/10/07 10:27 AM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate those moments were right before it happens, which is always to late, a little voice says I should not be doing this.
If i read one of your post it sounds like you won't be replacing the X with another X or at all? even after the ill fated safety test showing us all how well built it is. LOL I would think about it to just because of the weak front diff.

#326058 - 18/10/07 11:42 AM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by slmh1296:
If i read one of your post it sounds like you won't be replacing the X with another X or at all? even after the ill fated safety test showing us all how well built it is.
I hope Adam replaces it. I know life gets in the way of wheeling sometimes. But, Adam has been a great guy to wheel with even the few times I have gotten a chance to go with him. And if he doesn't get another X or Nissan... I hope he still wheels in something with us smile

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#326059 - 18/10/07 12:23 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, but I'm beginning (although it pains me dearly) to think that I will not be able to afford to replace it. The insurance has basically said that they will only pay the fair market value and after satisfying the creditor, there won't be much left to even think about putting it down on another. Not to mention the fact I have a baby on the way (11/29) and need every bit of income I can muster. I would have made ends meet with the X, but now without it and the prospect of starting all over again on payments, I hardly think that would be the proper choice.

I loved wheeling with AZXC and SWANKY, it really hurts to lose out so much, but I hope someday I will be able to get another X or 4x4 and also hope that my heart and fears will let me do it.

I'll hopefully know in the next week or so, what exactly the insurance is going to do and will be able to let everyone know what my intentions are as well as if the Aftermarket stuff I have is available for sale.

Be safe all and especially wear your seatbelt. It saved my life, I truely believe that.

#326060 - 18/10/07 01:00 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

frown That really sucks, Adam. I know how much you love getting out and spending a day wheeling with everyone. I definately can see your dilemma though. Trucks are expensive and kids are too, thing is kids will bring you more joy than the best truck ever could.

You always have a seat available to you in my truck. [ThumbsUp] Just glad you are okay and will go on to eventually be back out on the AZ trails with us.

#326061 - 18/10/07 01:44 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam, Datz510 has a really clean '91 pathfinder that runs extremeley well that he'll be putting a transmission back into. It's a high miler (181k), but it likely can be had on the cheap. It runs very good; it's clean, no rust, ice cold AC.... I also believe it has an open carrier H233B that would readily accept a cheap lockrite locker, and with all the guys doing SAS's, etc. lift parts, etc should be easy to find too. JY Ford pickup truck coils do a good job of lifting the back.

He bought it as a donor truck for the 5 speed transmission to put in his, and he plans to core the auto he had in the Pirate Ship for a rebuilt replacment, and put that back into the donor truck, so it'll have a new auto tranny.

Give this a little time to let the dust settle, have the baby, and give Datz a call.

Just because it's not an Xterra doesn't mean you can't have a ton of fun in it, and the risk is a lot lower on an older rig too.

Until then, we'll truly miss you on the trails.

#326062 - 18/10/07 02:20 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Adam... You know I try to have both my rigs out as often as I can (the X and the Fronty)... I will gladly make room for you anytime in either.

I'm also totally willing to help you work on an older rig like suggested too... Some can be found for dirt cheap with a little elbow grease they could put your "old" X to shame.

Either way... Family first... I know you will take car of your own. And I'm sure there are a lot of us here willing to get you back on the trials with us too.

And don't forget about us smile

-Randy
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#326063 - 18/10/07 04:30 PM Re: Chivo Falls 10/13
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations on the new baby!! Family always comes first believe me I know that myself all to well. Your love for off-roading will always be there and the fear will go away with time and with that roll over probably right around the time you can afford a new rig it will go away. [LOL] [LOL]
Thought you could use a little laugh not to hard it may hurt.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal