Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326694 - 11/07/04 07:19 PM Website
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
If you haven't heard, I'm going to be taking over the website. For now, I'm just going to get the old site back up and running and updated information (about upcoming stuff).

1) Could someone send me (post) an active member list. Also, do we have a date/location for the August meeting yet (I forgot to ask Friday night)? I have the info about the Xcursion for the next 2 months, and the soft dates for the September run.

2) If anyone has any ideas about a new design, please feel free to pass them along. I'm not really sure I'd be able to do anything really complex, but I could give it a shot and throw it out there as a prototype for the club to review. [Geek]

3) If anyone has photos from the Xcursions (since January) that they would like on the site, please let me know and we can work something out on how I can get them.

This is most likely the first place people interested in the club will see and the first impression of the club. So we need to make a good impression.

Please let me know what you think.

#326695 - 11/07/04 07:32 PM Re: Website
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for stepping up, and good luck with the web page! The pics from our last real Xcursion, (last month's kinda fizzled out) are up on my page RIGHT HERE , use em if you want em. I know that YelloGecko and Asteroid26 have more of the same trip, don't know where they are keeping them though. confused

#326696 - 12/07/04 09:16 AM Re: Website
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Thanks for taking over. I just haven't had the time to do much of anything with it anymore. I have an Access database that I've been using that has all of the member info. It's a little bit old now, but should still have some useful information. I can email it to you if you want, let me know.

I also have the 'prototype' website did that everyone seemed to like, I can zip that up and send it to you, too. It has the new club logo and stuff, and everyone seemed to like it. It was the intention to use that on the PHP Nuke site, but it sorta fizzled out.

Just delete or rename ALL of the PHP stuff and I'll see if I can get the db tables removed. You may want to check and make sure you get all of the images from the new gallery first.

#326697 - 12/07/04 10:00 AM Re: Website
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
Thanks for taking over.

I also have the 'prototype' website did that everyone seemed to like, I can zip that up and send it to you, too.
No problem on taking it over. I can understand the no time issue.

The 'prototype' you are talking about, is it the existing site? If so, I ftp'd the site down to my laptop last night as a backup. I'll try and load PKNuke (I think it is) and see if I can do anything with it.

Also, as for the member list. I don't have Access, could you export it to an Excel spreadsheet?

#326698 - 12/07/04 10:04 AM Re: Website
TremorX Offline

No, it's nothing like the existing site. It's more like the old one with a different color scheme and basic layout.

#326699 - 12/07/04 11:02 AM Re: Website
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
No, it's nothing like the existing site. It's more like the old one with a different color scheme and basic layout.
Sure, zip it up. But instead of emailing it to me, just ftp it up the host and I'll ftp it back down. Create a prototype dir and throw it in there.

#326700 - 12/07/04 01:01 PM Re: Website
Anonymous
Unregistered

This post has taken on a whole new language [Freak]

#326701 - 12/07/04 06:28 PM Re: Website
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jim, I ordered the Sony 4 to 4, be here thurs. [ThumbsUp]

#326702 - 12/07/04 06:45 PM Re: Website
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Jim, I ordered the Sony 4 to 4, be here thurs. [ThumbsUp]
Dan, I went to Fry's and picked up a 4 to 4 this morning. Can you cancel the order? [Huh?]

#326703 - 12/07/04 07:26 PM Re: Website
Anonymous
Unregistered

eek yeah, no prob. Damn, I need a cell phone..

#326704 - 12/07/04 07:36 PM Re: Website
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
This was only ~27 w/tax. How much was yours? We can return the cheapest one. [Geek] Where did you order it (if you got it at Best Buy you can always return it in the store instead of mailing it in).

Let me know...

#326705 - 12/07/04 08:00 PM Re: Website
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, mine's $17.99 You should prolly return yours. I've got people in electronics ya' know wink

#326706 - 12/07/04 08:21 PM Re: Website
Yzerman Offline

OK, I'll return it tomorrow. When/where do you want to meet so I can pick it up?

#326707 - 13/07/04 04:17 AM Re: Website
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll get it thurs, maybe I can meet you Friday afternoon,(off at 11).

#326708 - 13/07/04 06:54 AM Re: Website
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
And for a guy with people in electronics...(shakes head) tsk, tsk, tsk.

wink

#326709 - 13/07/04 09:17 AM Re: Website
Yzerman Offline

Well, I got the old site up and running last night. I still have some updating to do on it, but the front page at least has this months Xcursion. I forgot to add the August run, I'll do that tonight and the "Join" tab I noticed needs updating (which I'll also hit tonight).

Brian/Lee, I've disabled your the email accounts you had with the site. If you need anything from them, let me know and I'll re-enable them for a time (so you can get whatever you need). Otherwise, I'll be deleting them (if I don't hear anything from you).

Shannon (if your out there), I've created a email account for you. I can just have it forward to an existing account if you want or you can log on and check your mail here. Let me know.

Travis/Michael, I noticed you both had email accounts. I updated the contacts area to reflect that.

Michael, would it be possible to get the member list today. I want to update that page tonight. I'll create a group email group [Huh?] for you Travis when I have all the members email addresses.

What's Travis's last name?

#326710 - 13/07/04 09:31 AM Re: Website
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
I used that account quite frequently, so some notice would have been nice laugh

I'll try to get all of my contacts info off of it tonight- I'll let you know if I need anything.

#326711 - 13/07/04 09:50 AM Re: Website
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe Travis' last name is Curry. Hey Yzerman, this is really cool of you to be updating the website. Can't wait to see it up and running again. [ThumbsUp]

#326712 - 13/07/04 10:06 AM Re: Website
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XROCK:
I used that account quite frequently, so some notice would have been nice laugh

I'll try to get all of my contacts info off of it tonight- I'll let you know if I need anything.
Sorry about that confused . Seeing you haven't been president for 5 months, I didn't think you were still using it anymore. I'll re-enable it tonight when I get home.

#326713 - 13/07/04 10:42 AM Re: Website
TremorX Offline

The front page has a broken table. Also, could you email me the FTP info?

Oh, and could you get the Insurance info notice back up?

#326714 - 13/07/04 11:09 AM Re: Website
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Oh, and could you get the Insurance info notice back up?
Yeah, like I said in my post I forgot to add that info and that I'd do it tonight...

#326715 - 13/07/04 11:19 AM Re: Website
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
You don't need to re-enable it- I was just giving you crap because I tried to email myself something to work and couldn't.

I should be able to get everything off.

One thing you might want to check though is I still got a bunch of emails with people wanting to join the club or ask questions. You'll need to make sure it goes to Travis or you instead of a dead account.

#326716 - 13/07/04 11:25 AM Re: Website
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XROCK:
You don't need to re-enable it- I was just giving you crap because I tried to email myself something to work and couldn't.

I should be able to get everything off.

One thing you might want to check though is I still got a bunch of emails with people wanting to join the club or ask questions. You'll need to make sure it goes to Travis or you instead of a dead account.
It is not a problem to re-enable it. Only take me about a minute. I just cannot do it here at work. Since I don't know your password, would you beable to forward those onto Travis after I do this? If not, I'll just go in and change your password and do it. Sorry about that again. confused

#326717 - 13/07/04 02:33 PM Re: Website
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Yzerman:
Brian/Lee, I've disabled your the email accounts you had with the site. If you need anything from them, let me know and I'll re-enable them for a time (so you can get whatever you need). Otherwise, I'll be deleting them (if I don't hear anything from you).

We had decided after Lee's term that past presidents would retain their email accounts on the website for as long as they wanted them. Of course selling their Xterras and dropping membership is a whole 'nuther subject altogether. Maybe that's an issue we should discuss at a meeting with the membership. It doesn't cost us anything extra and not all of the available addresses are being used. The emails were intended for officers of the club, at that rate it would take us 17 years to use them up if X pres' keep theirs. Mine has to stay as it's communication from the server host since I'm listed as the owner of the site, I only think it's fair that the others were able to keep their's too. Just my opinion.

#326718 - 13/07/04 02:41 PM Re: Website
XterrAZ Offline

Brian- check your email, I turned both your's and Lee's back on for now until we make a decision on the subject.

[Freak]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal