2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326900 - 17/09/05 11:05 AM yes i'm a moron
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Trying to upload some pics to the new gallery section. I created an album, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to upload pictures to it. I found the 'upload file' or upload url sections, but those seem to only do one file at a time. I want to select a big block of pics and dump them in. Can someone fill me in on how to do this?

#326901 - 17/09/05 12:00 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah.
smile

#326902 - 17/09/05 12:19 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
NOSUP4U Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Yeah.
smile
You're supposed to tell me how to upload these dang pics, not agree that I'm a moron. I know that part already smile

#326903 - 17/09/05 12:24 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm trying 1 at a time in a group of 5. It hasn't worked so far..

#326904 - 17/09/05 12:32 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
NOSUP4U Offline

Quote:
I'm trying 1 at a time in a group of 5. It hasn't worked so far..
Glad I'm not the only one trying to figure this out. I'd say this site has a few issues with their design interface. Its not very intuitive at all. Maybe we can get Rinky to post a 'how to' for uploading pics....

#326905 - 17/09/05 12:58 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah.
smile

#326906 - 17/09/05 01:00 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tried to upload both single and group w/o success.

#326907 - 17/09/05 04:53 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it giving you an error message that the file size exceeds 800K or that the pixel width is over 1024?

This is likely the problem but I'll look at it a bit more.

One thing you do have to keep in mind is what mode you're in, User or Admin. Admin is the one that you will load picts with.

Also you have to create a new gallery to upload to.

#326908 - 17/09/05 05:44 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Are there plans on increasing the amount of space for each member to more than 1MB?

#326909 - 17/09/05 08:22 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
NOSUP4U Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
[QB]Is it giving you an error message that the file size exceeds 800K or that the pixel width is over 1024?
QB]
Adam - My question was not that I was getting errors or anything, my question was that I can't even find the area where you can bulk upload. Can you explain to me how if I have 50 pics I want to upload, to do that in one step, instead of doing all 50 one at a time? That is what I can't figure out. I have a gallery and an album created, just can't get all my pics inside the album at once. Make sense?

#326910 - 17/09/05 10:18 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah.
smile

#326911 - 18/09/05 08:34 AM Re: yes i'm a moron
Yzerman Offline

I think what you need to do is when you go to the Upload Files Link it give you two sections. If you are uploading from your PC, put the number of photos you want to upload in the first box. If you are loading from another web site, put the number of photos you are going to load there. Press continue and it'll take you to another window where you can select Browse and then upload from there. At least this worked for me. That first screen kinda threw me off until I really read the directions (when all else fails, read the directions).

I was only able to upload four photos because we are restricted to 1MB in total size. I didn’t have time to delete what I uploaded and change the file size. So a word of advice, if you are going to upload 50 files they better be about 20K in size. Otherwise you’ll have to delete each one, resize and then upload again.

Hope this helps. [Geek]

#326912 - 18/09/05 09:04 AM Re: yes i'm a moron
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Yeah.
smile
Shoot him.

laugh

#326913 - 18/09/05 10:37 AM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shoot me? Why? I 'm only agreeing w/ Mark in that I haven't been succesful in figuiring out how to transfer a folder of pics over all at once, as opposed to one at a time.. Shoot me :rolleyes: ...

#326914 - 18/09/05 01:07 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
NOSUP4U Offline

Did the format of the gallery change? Now I can't even find the area to upload single pictures.

I can get to my personal gallery, but I see no link anywhere that says 'upload pics'

Mark

#326915 - 18/09/05 03:03 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gallery seems to be quite a headache. Any ideas Roger?

I don't seem to have any problems albeit I don't like having to resize everything before uploading it. Not to mention one at a time. You are able to upload zipped files, but it stays that way.

#326916 - 18/09/05 03:25 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

I personally love Coppermine. But it sounds like you guys aren't having so much luck with it. I work with it from an Admin standpoint and have no restrictions on filesize on my own copy. I guess from a user standpoint it's maybe not the most userfriendly. Maybe we should consider using Gallery or a different script? This is what Gallery looks like, all be it with a very pretty skin: http://www.jholgate.com/gallery/

When your hosting account is restricted to a certain size, you really have to put those size limitations in place to prevent the hosting account filling up. When hosting is free like mine, then I just post the 5Mb images and batch upload 50 at a time.

#326917 - 18/09/05 04:37 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
NOSUP4U Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I personally love Coppermine. But it sounds like you guys aren't having so much luck with it. I work with it from an Admin standpoint and have no restrictions on filesize on my own copy. I guess from a user standpoint it's maybe not the most userfriendly. Maybe we should consider using Gallery or a different script? This is what Gallery looks like, all be it with a very pretty skin: http://www.jholgate.com/gallery/

When your hosting account is restricted to a certain size, you really have to put those size limitations in place to prevent the hosting account filling up. When hosting is free like mine, then I just post the 5Mb images and batch upload 50 at a time.
Roger, can you explain WHERE the functionality is to batch upload 50 at a time is? That is my problem, I can't find the place to actually do this.

At one point, I was able to find a place to go in and do one at a time. But I've never seen a way to select 50 pics at one and upload them all. Does our current skin not allow this? If so, I'm sure we can just change it. Can you verify this since you are really the only one here who knows about coppermine?

#326918 - 18/09/05 05:30 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Umm.. i'm hopeing that someone is messing around with the Gallery Page.. cause it all funked up now. eek [Geek]

#326919 - 18/09/05 05:34 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's me, Sorry.
Let me know how this "Classic" Theme works.

Always know that to Upload pictures you have to be in ADMIN Mode and not User mode.

I also changed the quota size from just 1MB.. Sorry I didn't realize it was that low. There's a ton of options. I made it very good sized for the number of us in the club, but it could have to decrease if there are problems with space.

#326920 - 18/09/05 05:41 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's only possible to batch add if you have already FTP'd the files into a folder on the server. Otherwise you can only add a few pics at a time with Coppermine. Like I said, I use it on my own site as an Admin, so it's no big deal for me. But for a regular user it sounds like it is a PITA.

#326921 - 18/09/05 07:16 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Especially since they don't have FTP Access. There is only one FTP Account.

#326922 - 18/09/05 07:38 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
I also changed the quota size from just 1MB.. Sorry I didn't realize it was that low.
WOW, I have 50MB's now. [Freak]

Whomever is making the Active member area, could you please add me. Of the pictures I have loaded, please that the one from the Fat Tire in 2004 where I'm covered in mud. [Smoking]

BTW, I actually think that the gallery is great. I think once everyone gets the hang of it, this will be a piece of cake. It's just the initial learning curve. Great job!!! [ThumbsUp] I had no clue what I was doing most of the time with the website, you guys really make it look easy. [Geek]

#326923 - 18/09/05 08:01 PM Re: yes i'm a moron
Anonymous
Unregistered

There ya go. I think you have access to that album as well.

Thanks for the compliments! I think you're right when people catch on and I learn how to configure it. [Freak]

#326924 - 22/09/05 02:54 AM Re: yes i'm a moron
Xtasy Offline

Then I come in and change the whole thing. I intagrated the New Gallery into the site and changed the skin. It's a little hard to find, but the login and all user functions are now located under the @ symbol in the menu.

Conundrum keeps telling user to swith form User to Admin, unfortunately only Admins can do that and we can't give everyone Admin rights or the site will be distroyed. There is alot more you can do with Admin rights then just batch upload, so we have to limit that access.

Sorry if I've made it even more confusing, but this new theme/skin is more condusive to the size of our site. I hope we still have people uploading and enjoying the new Gallery. An added benefit is that the new theme/skin allows for 10 uploads at a time.

I would also like to thank Conundrum for taking the initiative to getting the Gallery done. This was suppose to be one of my tasks, but ever since my daughter got sick, it fell to the waste side.

Also, as with the members, we're also still a learning curve as we implement more changes and tweeks the program. Keep those inputs coming so we can give you what you want.

I will offer my assistance for batch uploads as a one off situation and not an on going basis. Remember there are limitations to the file size and picture size: A 4Megapixel picutre (2272 pixels width), 800KB per file and all accounts have 50Megs.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal