2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327721 - 28/03/08 01:34 PM Rear lift for sale
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyways, so I thought my rear was sagging, to a point where it looked liked the back of the truck was lower than the front, I just measured it, and the back was still about an inch higher, so I pretty much was worried for no reason.

So I got a rear spring lift from PRG, I got it for $150, I'll let it go for $120, brand new. I'll bring it up to the meeting if i make it or when i go up next should be within the month.
The lift is basically the overload leaf is removed and replaced with a shaped leaf which forces the rest of the leaves at a bigger ark. giving i believe 1.5in of lift.

#327722 - 02/04/08 01:57 PM Re: Rear lift for sale
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
I have one of these to get rid of too... Along with the full oem leaf pack. And a second full oem set from the Frontier too.

What your probably seeing and feeling is you're top leaf on the factory pack sagging due to the extended shackles.

That AAL will help the sag for awhile, but it will progressivly get worse over time. If you're worried about ride hieght or ride comfort... I'll let you know hoe my race pack from PRG comes out. Or you can contact Dunbar, who modified Onix's leaf pack by replacing the top leaf.

When you're pack if finally completely done, you won't lose alot of lift, but withough the overload leaf (which removing increases articulation) you will notice your leaf pack flexes upward... This is BAD.

You'll notice I have the Dever AAL and my shackles maxed at 4.5" and Onix's truck sits 0.5" higher than min in the rear. And his ride is alot better. Hence my race pack I ordered.

You will gain articulation adding the AAL and removing the overload. So keeping them isn't bad. Either way, you're oem pack will sag in time (sooner than it should IMO), and extended shackles seem to hurry the process (mind you I have 30k miles on my oem leafs, and 20k on my AAL).

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#327723 - 02/04/08 06:15 PM Re: Rear lift for sale
Anonymous
Unregistered

Exactly what i am thinking. What I want to do, once I am done with school and have a job, I'll replace the back with Alcan leaf's and then switch out the front. with radflo's. I am on a budget crisis, so I need to sell them as it is not bad right now. We'll talk at the meeting.

#327724 - 03/04/08 12:11 PM Re: Rear lift for sale
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
Exactly what i am thinking. What I want to do, once I am done with school and have a job, I'll replace the back with Alcan leaf's and then switch out the front. with radflo's. I am on a budget crisis, so I need to sell them as it is not bad right now. We'll talk at the meeting.
No need for Radflos unless your going to add more weight to the noise, start running faster, or jumping. Only thing you can add is more wheel travel with the Radflows (about 0.75") and about another 0.75" of trave changing the UCAs also. That will run you about $1,300+ from PRG I think (don't quote me). Overall gain is about 1.5" of wheel travel downwards. No other gain can be made. Now... Adding an aftermarked bumper means you need to change your front coils, so than new coilovers become cost effective, and the added UCAs are a bonus.

Or... A drop bracket and you can get crazy high, needing coils and could also uses spacers too depending on the overall lift height or ride you are looking for (adding the spacers can reduce preload, but I'd recomend keeping you're swaybar than, defeting alot of the purpose).

Oh... Cheap trail bang for the buck for more wheel travel... Remove the nuts that hold the front sway bar in place. BUT ONLY on the trail. I would not recomend this on the road without a custom setup. Just follow behind me when I take a turn faster than 10mph to see what I mean.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal