2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327818 - 09/04/08 09:09 AM AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Ok guys... Sorry to pull down the last thread (I couldn't get them down from everywhere so I will be editing what I can today).

Sheila had some "political" issues going on behind the scenes with the build. These have been adressed and will be dropped from here at this point.

So... Back to the build. And all are re-invited.

April 12th at 9AM is the official schedule at First Class Auto Body.

3002 N Civic Center Plz
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Google Maps .

The todo list as I know it to be:
  • Drop Diff bracket install
  • Removal of Front Diff
  • Swapping Steering Knuckles
  • Upper and Lower Control Arm Swap
  • Front Axle Removal
  • Hubs & Brakes Swap to new Sterring Knuckle
  • Rear Lift Block install
  • Rear Shackle Install
  • Front Brakeline Replacement
  • CVs Extended
  • Front Bumpstops modified
  • Front Radflow 2.5" diamater High Lift Coilovers installed
  • Rear RadFlow piggy back shocks installed

What will be on hold till either a second build or done in our driveway:
  • Rear Leaf packs installed
  • Front Diff Re-Installed
  • Front Axles Installed

And if anyone is interested on the second build out there as some major changes going on to my Xterra. Only parts currently avalible... My bumpstops. Due to the complexity of my parts they have been sent back (By PRG to RadFlow) to have my shocks rebuilt. If there is interest in the Rear Shocks, Leaf packs, and spring preach flip that will be done on it let me know and I'll see if I can get something together for the finalization of the Frontier as a 4x4 again and the extreme mods to the Xterra.
There is two gray areas with this build. One, will the Frontier have enough rear height to at least be level. And two... With either or both trucks have driveline issues from the extream lifts in the rear. Maybe a new rear axle will be in our futer befor She blows that front diff?
And on the future plans for the Xterra:
  • Onboard air(ARB High Output OBA System?) (someone has to fill thoes 35s on the Frontier)
  • 2 or 3" Body lift
  • Fiberglass fenders
  • Fiberglass Hood with scoop (ok, so if I bulk ship I get a good deal)
  • Volient Air Intake
  • Snorkel for Xterra (I think I have a plan for this mod finally)
  • Gobi Roof Rack and Hela lights
  • Gas/Air bumpstops up front
  • NISMO or JBA Headers
  • Exhaust upgrade

And for the Frontier:
  • 3" Body lift
  • Fiberglass Front fenders
  • Fiberglass Hood with Scoop
  • One of a kind Pre-Runner Style Bumper for Frontier
  • Volient Air Intake
  • NISMO or JBA Headers
  • Custom exhaust (I'm thinking Flowmaster 60 series)
  • Support beam and racing front seats for 4-link belt system
  • Custom rear Tire carrier
  • Fiberglass rear bed panels
  • Gas/Air bumpstops up front on Frontier
  • Gas/Air bumpstops in rear on Frontier

Well that's the high level list... The X will get to piggy back more parts behind the Frontier build out now because it helps get vendors cut us good deals buying multiples of everything. Well except the rack I'm still trying to figure out how to swallow, but I'm going to need the gear space when she Finally gets to go desert racing.
Oh... Since I'm babling again... I forgot to though in... If anyone is interested in the body lift installes on either or both trucks let me know too and I'll try to get something going for that too.
And Parts are due for delivery tomorrow, but there is a slim to no chance some could show up today. When they show up I'll start posting lots of pics. I also could not find an electronic version of the FabTech kit install, So I'm still hunting or will have Sheila scan everything when it arives so everyone gets a chance to see whats involved bedore the install.
Anyone that does come and brings cameras, please let us steal any shots or video you get before you leave. We are trying to get a collection together of this event.
Edit: Looks like Lucky13 might be having an ECM installed at the same time... So add that to the list of events.
Also I plan on bringing lots of spare parts for a mod day sale... Let me know if you're interested in what, but mostly lift parts and one big Shrockworks Rear Bumper. I have enough spare parts to lift probably 2 or 3 trucks from 0.5" to 2"+. Others bring what you got and maybe some swapping could occur and installs on site.
Now... Head count please?
  • MadManX
  • Sheila
  • Onix
  • Xclade
  • T-Ray
  • Lucky13
  • XJC
  • Serrated from CF
  • Garrett in the 4Runner

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#327819 - 09/04/08 10:35 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll be by after my appointments. Probably around Noon.

#327820 - 09/04/08 08:39 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I would post a reply but my name is already on the list [Smoking] Ohh wait... I just did cool See ya bright and early Sat. I belive I am going to be taking lucky13 to get his ECU so we can get some damn spark.

#327821 - 09/04/08 09:46 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xclade:
Well I would post a reply but my name is already on the list [Smoking] Ohh wait... I just did cool See ya bright and early Sat. I belive I am going to be taking lucky13 to get his ECU so we can get some damn spark.
wow, that will be a wonderful thing when it actually runs again.. than i can actually start doing fun things to it..

#327822 - 10/04/08 10:42 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Well... Onix I'll be rolling by after work with the camera.

ALL 6 PACKAGES ARE OUT FOR DELIVERY TODAY!!!

So... I also have some great info to relay... Onix just gave me a heads up... We are apparently going to have a pretty good turn out even though there is only 6 people confirmed for attendance. Some other custom trucks that I would love to see myself have called his shop to confirm the build.

First Class Auto Body has been taking calls on our behalf confirming this build is a go on the 12th at 9AM. I can't thank them enough for taking time out of their working days to do this for us.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FIRST CLASS AUTO BODY !!!

Also... Myself and Sheila will be providing soft drinks, water, and Gatorade... And it looks like pizza for lunch. I'm trying to get a headcount between thouse that post and those that have called, but we will play the lunch time by ear till day of just in case there are alot more people showing up... Which is a great thing BTW.

First Class Auto Body have asked that NO alcohol be brought to thier place of business. Please respect this since they are helping us so much.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327823 - 10/04/08 02:38 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Update ups has dropped off parts laugh

#327824 - 10/04/08 03:16 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awwww... Come on man, what parts? cool

#327825 - 11/04/08 08:24 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

And here they are:

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327826 - 11/04/08 08:26 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

I have everything at the house now, I was supposed to sort the bolts last night but ended up getting home late. So I'm leaving work early today to sort out bolts. The goal is to baggie up every bolt each part will need to install and bundle them together. This should make things easier if we get too many people under the truck at once so we don't have to bolt hunt constantly.

Onix... I've read almost all of the Fabtech install instructions and we shouldn't need a stand to hold the engine. It looks like only the supporting crossmember is removed and cuts made to it. And we will remove the front diff for the install. The instructions have us do this so we will not be reinstalling it.

The reinstall will happen when the axles get in. We can just pull the lower control arms, and one of the cross members from the drop bracket to resinstall the front diff. Alot of work I know, but I'd like to have her take it up to the clean up I think to show it off. In theory she will still have 4lo without the 4 smile and a locker in the rear. If the 4wd doesn't engage with the front diff missing I will just mod her locker to engage in 2wd (I was going to anyway for her and myself, since 2wd NISMOs already can engage thier locker in 2hi).

And again... THANK YOU FIRST CALL AUTO BODY for access to a lift and a place to work.

And... PRG Products is sending us a bunch of stickers to hand out AND a special gift as well. I'll leave this a mystory for now, but I have more than one wink I just have to discuss them with Sheila on how they will be given away... Yes I said GIVEN smile

Anyways... Updates should be slim today since I will be baging and taging parts for hours I'm sure. And again... PLEASE... We need a head count. I have 6 on site so far, plus Onix took a few calls too... So maybe 10 total?

Onsite we will also be installing a new ECM into a Gen1 (Lucky13s rig). So you can get in on that too. And just one more note... Onix will have some "real work" to complete too (some welding I belive)... So there should be 3 rigs being worked on as a minimum. Maybe more if you come to and we have the hands to help you out.

Lets make this a kick @$$ mod day!

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327827 - 11/04/08 04:15 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like a bitchin' mod day, but I can't be there to help. I'm running Jessica out to Lake Pleasant to have her meet with XROCK, she'll be picking up some hours working for the AZDUCK TOURS. I'm sure someone there can remove mudflaps in my place however.. Take lots of pics throughout the install, and bring lots of bandaids [ThumbsUp]

#327828 - 11/04/08 04:32 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm takin the 4Runner to Box Canyon on her first every run laugh

#327829 - 11/04/08 04:55 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it weird of me to have found those pictures kinda hot? :p Lotsa new and clean parts...I can't wait to see them get dirty! This truck is gonna look sick. See ya in the morning.

#327830 - 11/04/08 04:57 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Is it weird of me to have found those pictures kinda hot?
I admit it too Chris, my shorts got a little tighter seeing all that junk.. [Freak]

#327831 - 11/04/08 05:27 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xclade:
Is it weird of me to have found those pictures kinda hot? :p Lotsa new and clean parts...I can't wait to see them get dirty! This truck is gonna look sick. See ya in the morning.
Shawn came to the shop yesterday when I took the pics and even he was impressed... Now that is a hard guy to impress too.

Though he thinks 36" tires would look better smile

Their is some auto insurance drama I need to post up, but I'm trying to finish labling everything for the morning. And scratching out half the steps we don't need and adding in the new steps... Damn there are so many bolts!

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327832 - 11/04/08 05:58 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Well here is some comparison shots to some parts I had laying around off or my OR Xterra (same as the Frontier except the rears might be different?)

The front Coilovers:

The Rear Shocks:

The Rear Lift Shackles:

And I couldn't find my UCA so I'll get that shot tomorrow, But holding it to the truck, man it is huge. I'll also get some shots of other part size comparisons as things are pulled off the truck.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327833 - 11/04/08 06:02 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Everything all taged and bagged for the morning. Packing it into the truck in a few minutes now.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327834 - 11/04/08 06:07 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

This is part of the left overs from the Fabtech kit. this is all the front brake modification brakets and the factory shock extensions. This is what will NOT be installed at all.

And this is the temporary parts till the new proto type leaf pack shows up (a couple weeks is the latest eastimate).

And lastly... I'll have to beg Onix for a second day on the lift when the axels are ready. I don't plan on re-installing her front diff till they arrive... And that will be a project. My best guess is to disconnect the LCAs and push then way from the drop bracket, pull the rear of the drop bracket out (and maybe the front) and re-install the diff. then put it all back together again. Maybe only a long evening job or an early weekend job with some night wheeling afterward. As long as we mark all the alignment botls first laugh .

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327835 - 11/04/08 07:49 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Smoking]

#327836 - 11/04/08 11:53 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Step 49!? lol.

Sorry dude, I thought I was going to be able to show up and grease monkey (I'm halfway decent with an air ratchet) but looks like I'm doing a Crown King + WikenBurg Run, so I will not be able to attend.
Good luck, and you better post pics of what it looks like.

#327837 - 12/04/08 05:56 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
XCJ Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ
I'll probably be in and out throughout the day depending on work. Yesterday I got as much out of the way as possible so that I could take some time and watch this project unfold eek

#327838 - 12/04/08 05:59 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
XCJ Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ
Well, I'm sure you are still out there, but I wanted to say thanks for letting me help out a bit and for the pizza. Good times, good knowledge, and a good sun burn. I'm anxious to see how it all turns out!

Also, thanks to ONIX for being the host again!

#327839 - 12/04/08 10:04 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pictures please.

#327840 - 12/04/08 11:31 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

And where were you mister....J/K thought you where going

#327841 - 12/04/08 11:32 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
Pictures please.
Picture this its BIG! [Huh?]

#327842 - 13/04/08 12:27 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
And where were you mister....J/K thought you where going
Backroad to Crown King.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal