2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327843 - 13/04/08 12:49 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Apparently this was so expensive he had to sell all the furniture in that room smile

#327844 - 13/04/08 12:51 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Pictures please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture this its BIG! [Huh?]
There for a few hours yesterday to help out, and I can say, it's a beefy kit with a lot of potential. Some minor fitment issues (turning radius comes to mind) but for the most part, I think Sheila's gonna' be really happy when it's done.
Let's see some pics already.. smile

#327845 - 13/04/08 01:00 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Pictures are comming I swear. It was a long night (we skipped installing the blocks though) so we passed out and woke up late this morning. We had to unload the leftovers off her truck this morning (a front diff , axles, skids).

And if you really wanna see it now it will be at firestone for the next few hours being alligned.

Pics when we get home smile

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#327846 - 13/04/08 07:04 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327847 - 13/04/08 07:08 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327848 - 13/04/08 07:10 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

And here it is... On it's own feet !!! Guess how high?

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327849 - 13/04/08 07:15 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

And some of the issues...

So... The Fabtech bumpstop killed uptravel. So... We tossed it. We need to fab up something before she jumps. Basically... The Fabtech kit only allowed 2" of uptravel. The new coilover allowed for 5". The draw pack of removing the Fabtech bumpstop is that factory bumpstop is up 7". So we have a 2" problem. A full stuff will probably destroy the new coilovers, so we will work with PRG on this one.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327850 - 13/04/08 07:19 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Next big problem.

So... The OEM Titan lower control arms and the Fabtech steering knuckes had some "turning radius" problems. Basically the OEM LCA hit the knuckle almost immediatly. Wally and the trusty die grinder took care of this by grinding the front and back of the LCA to allow the knuckle a "larger" movment. Not as much as stock, but when assmbled, we won't even know there was a problem.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327851 - 13/04/08 07:23 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

And the last BIG problem...

Yep... The tie rod end hits the tire. This is a stock NISMO rim and my Firestone Destination MTs running 285/75R16. With the OEM tire (the 265/75R16 BFGs) it was close but not touching like it is now. The camber is off... But not that much, so this is a BIG problem and new rims or spacers will need to be added VERY soon.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327852 - 13/04/08 07:24 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Now there is some droop... With my measurments, there is room to add a 1" spacer over the coil. So when the Diff goes back and the angles aren't extrem... She will go one inch higher smile

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327853 - 13/04/08 07:41 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

And... The final numbers.

Before the lift, from the bottom of the fender to the ground. 34"... After the lift on the same tires. 44"... That is a 10 INCH LIFT laugh

Minimum ground clearnce in the front (we forgot to measure stock day of, but I belive it was just under 8")... Is now 11" ... Yes that is a 3" lift, technically after the drop braket.

The rear is only on new Shackels set at 4.5"... We did not install the 4" lift blocks. We had one other VERY MAJOR problem... BRAKE LINES!

So... we have the next couple weeks to splice wires (ABS and E-Locker) and find extended brak lines to accept the new leaf pack that should be here soon. The e-brake line could be a problem too... We will see there.

And... Well once again I'm going to say thanks... The list of people that showed up and helped is impressive to say the least.

THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!
  • Chris
  • Wally
  • Dan
  • Tim
  • Lindsay
  • Chase
  • Vince
  • Jeff
  • Gerrett
  • Krista
  • Phil
  • Dave
  • Sean
  • Gregg (of PRG Products)
  • Jenn (of PRG Products)
  • Razor (of First Class Auto Body)
  • Dave (of First Class Auto Body)

And the mystry items I said I had. PRG Products gave us 2 gift certificates to give out at the build... Because it was so hectic thoughout the day, we couldn't make this more official. So what we have done is tossed everyones name in a hat and drew two...
So... The two that came up...

Phil (AZXC) and Vince (CF)

If you guys can hunt me down to arrange handing off a $25 gift certificate off to you I'd appreciate it.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP !!!

AND THANKS TO FIRST CLASS AUTO BODY for the lift!

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327854 - 13/04/08 07:45 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

And as always... There is about 200 pics total and I might even have a couple video clips up soon too.

Photobucket - 04-12-2008 Frontier 10 inch Lift Build

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327855 - 13/04/08 09:39 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Looks good.

#327856 - 13/04/08 10:19 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

not to be the one to ruin the fun or anything but i have a question, so give me the right feedback if i'm wrong...

while the lift looks awesome, much taller then the xterra but i'm looking at the front cross member and it almost appears to be the same height if not close to the same height as the one on the X, with all that lift, isn't it kind of pointless if that is still low?

#327857 - 13/04/08 11:49 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ProjectX:
not to be the one to ruin the fun or anything but i have a question, so give me the right feedback if i'm wrong...

while the lift looks awesome, much taller then the xterra but i'm looking at the front cross member and it almost appears to be the same height if not close to the same height as the one on the X, with all that lift, isn't it kind of pointless if that is still low?
I think they said it sits at 11" now, which is a little taller then stock but not much yeah.

Nice job guys, looks amazing. The back is a little low for me, but sounds like you got that under control. Enjoy it shiela smile

#327858 - 14/04/08 05:15 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Yep... Overall it is technically a 3" lift at the cross member befor tires. But due to the massive increase in overall height sh should end up at close to 14" once tires are installed. which is alamost a 50% increase in ground clearenc in the front and a 3.5" increase in minimum ground clearnce at the rear pumpkin at about 13".

Also, because she is a truck and the wheelbase size difference, this massive lift also reduces her chances of high centering greatly.

Oh... And she is being built into a hibrid rock crawler/pre-runner... So to protect that cross member while she pre-runs we need to get her a new pumper ASAP that extends far below the frame and back towards the crossmember so a landing from a jump doesn't rip it off. Sothing a real pre-runner doesn't have a problem with because they don't have a front diff.

As for the height in the back... Its only at 4.5" of lift right now with another 3" coming for 7.5 overall... With the factory rake of about 1.5 inches that puts the front currently at about a 1" rake to the front... which is very mild for a pre-runner. If the setup alows an aditional 1" spacer will be used up front to get more of a pre-runner look overall.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327859 - 14/04/08 09:38 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it 2wd now?

Maybe I missed something....

#327860 - 14/04/08 09:43 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Is it 2wd now?

Maybe I missed something....
Yeah till the new axle shafts get here... Than the diff goes back.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327861 - 14/04/08 10:51 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

badass man

#327862 - 14/04/08 05:18 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

it does look damn good!

and what, no pics of cutting the frame to fit the new cross member?

#327863 - 14/04/08 07:28 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky 13:
it does look damn good!

and what, no pics of cutting the frame to fit the new cross member?
We got those... They are in the photobucket link along with about another 160 pictures smile There is even some sparks in the pics too smile

-Randy
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327864 - 14/04/08 08:27 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

So it uses the stock aluminum job, eh? What's the swap I keep hearing about that puts a titan axle housing in a frontier?

#327865 - 14/04/08 08:48 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Quote:
So it uses the stock aluminum job, eh? What's the swap I keep hearing about that puts a titan axle housing in a frontier?
Yeah... That's what is going to happen when she breaks this diff... Cause I'm sure its not under waranty now.

Basically the only waisted parts is the half shafts. But they weren't too expensive.

Next I'll get some wheel adapters to match the Titans bolt pattern... And from there we will be back to Titan shopping smile

I'm also trying to hunt down a wheel and rim combo that has a beadlock design and allow for a Titan Big Brake kit.

After all the tire issues are ironed out, I'll be scavanging for a Titan rear axel with an elocker and a front diff and hubs. The hubs will fit in the Frontier knuckles so these new ones are no loss.

Basically her lack of a lift was starting to be too had on the truck so we had to do something. So we went for a combo that had the least amount of loss when finally making the full conversion to a complete Titan Suspension and Drivetrain. Heck if we really get lucky... an engine, tranny, and ecm from a Titan would be a great find... but I don't have that kind of funding. So I bought some time to find new axles... So if you got a hookup for wrecked Titans I'd be interested.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327866 - 15/04/08 07:25 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure about wrecked Titans. I assume an Armada or QX56 would also work? What about R&P gears to match?

For the diff housing, etc. just find a salvage yard you like dealing with who speaka the English, and have them run hotline checks for you periodically so you can catch them coming in. There's a huge row of salvage yards on west Broadway in Phoenix.

#327867 - 15/04/08 12:12 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Not sure about wrecked Titans. I assume an Armada or QX56 would also work? What about R&P gears to match?

For the diff housing, etc. just find a salvage yard you like dealing with who speaka the English, and have them run hotline checks for you periodically so you can catch them coming in. There's a huge row of salvage yards on west Broadway in Phoenix.
Just watch your junk like a hawk, I picked up a replacement knuckle for my chyrsler to only now need an emblem for my HB pickup. White boy in a brown hood. confused :rolleyes:

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal