2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327868 - 15/04/08 12:37 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Too funny... Yeah Onix is helping me scavange so far... I think he already found me the rims I need. I'm just trying to confirm how big a rotor I can fit inside of them. I was looking at the AP Racing Big Brake set for a Titan but they requier a 20" rim. I don't want to go over an 18" rim. Tires are getting hard to find even at that size.

I do need tire suggestions though... 35" should fit but I'm sticking to an 8" wide rim for now. Probaly and 18" rim. I'm thinking about getting a Titan OEM set for now to beat on a little till I can come up with a second set of rims (on road and off road). So these OEMs should work great.

And I'll be using wheel adapters for now, a 6 on 4.5" to a 6 on 5.5". They are expensive... Is $90 for a pair of 1" thick spacers resonable? It's goint to cost me half as much to mount the rims as the rims cost.

Onix... Sheila was going to call Brake-Pros again and see if they could use thier 6 piston caliper with a smaller rotor than the 15". Titan stock is 13" front and rear. Frontier stock is 12" in front and 11" in the rear.

Oh yeah I almost forgot a master cylinder has to be tracked down to to power the bigger brakes. Out master is not powerful enough. The Titan one sites with minor modifications so I've read.

Well with rims almost nailed down I really need some rubber... So we can get the tierod end off the tire (and get my tires back on my truck).

Anyone interested in OEM tires from the Frontier?

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#327869 - 18/04/08 08:38 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Well... The Armada 18" OEM rims got in last night. Onix that was way fast smile The look exactly the same as the OEM rims for the OR editions only 2" bigger. Not a bad deal either. I paid $350+ for all 5 matching rims. No sensors or rubber though. I was hopping for sensors since they seem to go bad quickly (between the two trucks we have had 2 replaced and another one will be next week probably).

The adapters should be here today so if I can find rubber we should be set here real quick. We do have one possible issue and I wish I had noticed before I ordered the adapters. The adpaters are 1" thick and I had an option to order 1.5". I should have gotten the 1.5" for the front at least.

Here is way... My tire (the 285/75R16) is about 9.5" wide... And it barely clears the spindle. The adapter will push the tire out 1". So that leaves I'm guessing about 2.5" to 3" gap (sorry I didn't measure it for sure yet) between the buldge in the tire and the spindle. Here is the catch... The tires we are looking to purchase are 35x12.5R18s... Notice the problem... It is about 1.5 inches wider on each side... And I have maybe a l ittle over 2" after the adapters. So... I hope they don't rub, and we will have to see how they hold up when aired down. I might be buying another set of adapters for the front.

BTW... Adapters are bloddy expnsive... About $80 for a set of 2 plush shipping.

Now for the tires... Here is what I'm looking at.

A BFG Mud Terrain KM2 35x12.5R18. Best price so far, Desert Rat at $323.99

And the second tire (and the one Sheila wants most) is a Toyo Open Country M/T also from Desert Rat at $353.99 plus a $60 rebate for buying 4.

Also I'm looking at trying out this form of ballancing a tire: Innovative Balancing
Has anyone got any experience with this?

And lastly... I might do this to the X first, haven't decided yet... But I'm looking at using these instead of conventional beadlocks.
Staun beadlocks

Anyone got feedback on the tires, balancing, and beadlocking ideas? ... Or even better... hookups for rubber smile Looking to buy today and would love to install today too.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327870 - 18/04/08 10:56 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Looks like Jason over at Firestone is going to hook us up with the BFG Mud Terrain KM2s... BTW... A little trivia... This tire was first tested on the Project X2 truck. Thanks to Onix for that piece of info.

Sheila finally picked this one out... And likes working with Firestone so well that Firestone is going to match any price we could find (locally was discount tire at $321 ea), get them here today, balance them... And the would mount them, but the adapters aren't hear yet. But if they get here in time, they might just do that too... Not sure since it requires changing the lugs.

Though... I might beg Onix into helping out with access to a jack and an air gun to do it myself right after the rubber is mounted. The catch... She won't have her TPS sensors for now. Oh well... Anyone know how to disable that thing anyway? That and I need to swap some rubber to some of her "old" rims now... Get rid of the bent one and the steelly.

She just might be on her all fours this afternoon now smile And I get my Destinations back on the X too.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327871 - 18/04/08 01:18 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
XCJ Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ
TPMS reset kit: clicky

I think it will only reset the system, not disable it completely.

There are some federal laws regarding TPMS systems, so you may have a hard time finding a way to shut it off.

You could always try taking out the bulb for the TPMS light...

#327872 - 18/04/08 01:47 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XCJ:
TPMS reset kit: clicky

I think it will only reset the system, not disable it completely.

There are some federal laws regarding TPMS systems, so you may have a hard time finding a way to shut it off.

You could always try taking out the bulb for the TPMS light...
Yeah... 2007 and newer vehicals are required to have the sensor... And I think Nissan put it in in either 2005 or 2006 models standard. Worse case I'll pull the pin off the gauge cluster smile

Nice find on the reset tool though... And it is cheap too.

Oh... Taking the Rims to Firestone at about 3 to get the rubber put on them... But the adapters are no where to be found... And they were supposed to be here today... Crossing fingers that the mail is just slow (since I think they shipped them USPS).

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327873 - 22/04/08 11:37 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

really like those bead locks. they cost a bit much tho at about $200 a rim... but considering bead lock rims are insanely expensive. and these fit on any rim. also the bead lock are technically illegal and these would be very low key.. these arent bad at all..

#327874 - 23/04/08 07:22 AM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky 13:
really like those bead locks. they cost a bit much tho at about $200 a rim... but considering bead lock rims are insanely expensive. and these fit on any rim. also the bead lock are technically illegal and these would be very low key.. these arent bad at all..
There are all kinds of legal debates on beadlocks... The california pinal code does not restrict beadloaks persay (i belive the quote is in one of the links). I'm not sure about here in AZ. BUT... What does make nearly all beadlocks illegal is they are not DOT approved for street use. But neither is my front or rear bumber, my driving lights, my lift, and probably alot of other small tweaks we all do.

I was thinking to go this route mainly because of weight reduction on the wheel and the ease to install compaired to a conventional double beadlock. That and there is only a couple companies making double beadlocks and mostly in the 15" rim size, and a few more options in a single beadlock, but 18" rims were still hard to come by.

The difference, well a single beadlock only locks the outside bead... Though rare, you can break a bead in the inside allowing air to "burp" out. A double beadlock has an internal ring that you samwich the tire against.

The only major disadvantage of these, you don't get a rim protector ring along the bead line. Though I'm sure these could be used with a single beadlock rim or a protector ring welded onto a regular rim for the edge protection.

I'm slacking at getting pictures up because my laptop goes back to HP again to fix what the broke last time they had it... So I've been doing backups and tring to hold onto it till after the triathalon. So pics will be a bit behind. Sorry guys.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#327875 - 23/04/08 03:37 PM Re: AZXC Hosted Frontier BIG Lift Event on 04/12/08 is back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky 13:
[b]really like those bead locks. they cost a bit much tho at about $200 a rim... but considering bead lock rims are insanely expensive. and these fit on any rim. also the bead lock are technically illegal and these would be very low key.. these arent bad at all..
There are all kinds of legal debates on beadlocks... The california pinal code does not restrict beadloaks persay (i belive the quote is in one of the links). I'm not sure about here in AZ. BUT... What does make nearly all beadlocks illegal is they are not DOT approved for street use. But neither is my front or rear bumber, my driving lights, my lift, and probably alot of other small tweaks we all do.

I was thinking to go this route mainly because of weight reduction on the wheel and the ease to install compaired to a conventional double beadlock. That and there is only a couple companies making double beadlocks and mostly in the 15" rim size, and a few more options in a single beadlock, but 18" rims were still hard to come by.

The difference, well a single beadlock only locks the outside bead... Though rare, you can break a bead in the inside allowing air to "burp" out. A double beadlock has an internal ring that you samwich the tire against.

The only major disadvantage of these, you don't get a rim protector ring along the bead line. Though I'm sure these could be used with a single beadlock rim or a protector ring welded onto a regular rim for the edge protection.

I'm slacking at getting pictures up because my laptop goes back to HP again to fix what the broke last time they had it... So I've been doing backups and tring to hold onto it till after the triathalon. So pics will be a bit behind. Sorry guys.

-MadManX[/b]
samwich?? :p

telling ya man get rid of vista.. you will have alot less problems...

what do you mean edge protection? to prevent rim dmg?? not a factor because its inflatable.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal