2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327903 - 01/05/03 07:32 PM slr aal install questions
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
i've been reading through some of the earlier topics here about your installs and just want to make sure i ordered the right parts from slr yesterday.

i have a 2001 4x4 xterra with no lift.

i ordered the following parts

3pk slr add a leafs
1" shackles
poly bushings

bilstien shocks

front BL5-02
rear BL5-10

i forgot to ask if the aal set comes with a new bolt to go through the springs? also does everyone basically remove the load spring since the addition of the 3pk is going to be pretty strong in itself? and finally what about the front end? i still have the stock torsion bars right now, maybe next month i'll get the thicker ones but for now would it be fine to crank them about an 1.5" to level it out a little. i don't have a ARB or winch yet but that's where i'm heading i was just trying to set the suspension up first, and go figure now i cannot order an ARB till july. any help would be great, sorry about the long post.

#327904 - 01/05/03 10:10 PM Re: slr aal install questions
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
You may end up running a little high in the rear with both the AAL and the shackles. This is the setup I'm running, however, I've got the control arms in the front allowing me to turn my torsion bars MUCH further than you can go with stock.

You may want to put on the AAL's with the stock shackles until you get some control arms. You can add the shackles at that time since your front end will be able to go higher. Torsion bars will only stiffen the front end, not make it any higher than you can go now, that's the job of the upper control arms.

Yes, you get a new leaf pack bolt, and yes you toss the load leveler. Make sure you measure the AAL's and your springs from center pin to the center of the spring "eye". One side of the springs are longer, make sure you put the longer side of the AAL's to match. Pick up some black Rustoleum spray paint as they come unfinished.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal