2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#329138 - 24/02/05 07:41 PM You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Got rear ended today sitting at a stop light, northbound I-17 Anthem Way off ramp. Click the pictures to see the full size ones-

Mine

His

Check out the skid marks, they go all the way under the DPS officer's car

The red car was his girlfriends that was following him. Of course...no driver's license, no english, not his car, and the insurance is questionable. Fucker. I've already filed a claim with my insurance company to after the other insurance company. Cop said he was getting numerous violations and it probably didn't look good for me and his insurance...no shit. Neck and back are already sore. I probably would have been better off just kicking his ass and leaving, maybe in my younger days.

Looks like I'll be needing a right bedside, bumper, maybe a hitch (but it's just scratched) tailpipe, and possibly a tail light. Oh yeah, and a new license plate. Cop estimated his speed at 50-60 mph. Amazingly it didn't even bend the bumper brackets, that is one tough truck.

#329139 - 24/02/05 08:01 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Wow- bad news! Looks like the Titan kept you pretty safe though.

#329140 - 24/02/05 08:02 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Damn! Titans ARE tough. [ThumbsUp]

Too bad he doesn't have insurance...that blows... I'm sure you'll only get more sore too, especially tomorrow. [Uh Oh !]

#329141 - 24/02/05 08:07 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad you're ok Mike smile

#329142 - 24/02/05 08:07 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gimme his name and info....I'm young I'll kick his ass for you. Glad to hear that there were no serious injuries. I got hit the same way when I had my first X. That dumb bitch had no insurance, no English and no brain. [ThumbsDown]

#329143 - 24/02/05 08:25 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Glad to hear that you are okay Mike. You are lucky that you didn't hit the car in front of you (or did you?).

Let me know if I need to round up one of my neighbors dogs wink and pay him a little visit.

#329144 - 24/02/05 08:42 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
XterrAZ Offline

Thanks for the well wishes guys, I appreciate it.

No Jim, I didn't hit the car in front of me. The one in the pictures is actually Kerry's demo, she stopped at the scene on her way home from work when I called her.

The light had actually "just" turned green and the cars in front were moving. I was the 3rd or 4th car back and had just taken my foot off the brake and WHAMMO! That's why the distance between the truck and his car, it shoved me forward a ways and I stopped. I normally keep a pretty good eye on what's going on behind me but I had a ton of things on my mind and the radio up so it was a complete surprise. Never saw or heard him coming, yeah, the radio was "up".

For those of you that would like to go "get him", thanks but that would be a waste of time...he's probably back across the border by now mad

#329145 - 24/02/05 10:25 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
I understand the "no insurance" thing all too well. Uninsured and unlicensed (suspended) driver hit my wife's new Xterra a couple weeks ago and flipped it. At least your claim will be less than the $19,500 my insurance company paid (after taking out a $500 deductible mad ) for the total loss.

#329146 - 25/02/05 06:59 AM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone reared my wifes Elantra 2 weeks ago at a red light, 1/2 block from our house. I got to the scene before the Police got there it was so close to home. She's had a sore neck and been seeing a Chiro and Rehab ever since. The women who hit her confessed it was her fault at the scene to the Police and admitted liability to her insurance company, her car goes in next week to be fixed - $0 out of pocket.

They shouldn't even allow the idiot to drive away from the scene in your case, slam the idiot in Jail and maybe he'll think twice before doing it again - Probably not tho.

#329147 - 25/02/05 07:02 AM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow Mike, Hope you heal up fast unfortunately the mental pain of having your truck hit will continue long after the physical pain of your body subsides. Shame to have it hit already but glad to see his car F@^ked up and won't be used to transport migrants across the border for a while.

#329148 - 25/02/05 07:10 AM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
The Cherry's popped. Now you can take it off-road'n laugh

Glad you are OK - if aches & pains can be considered ok.

#329149 - 25/02/05 07:35 AM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, I agree. That should have been a one way ticket to jail for that guy. The reason all the "non english" speaking variety run without insurance is because there's no consequence to them. Yeah, they trashed their car, but with liability insurance, it'd still be just as trashed. You can't go after them or their income because most are paid under the table and don't have much anyways.

I wish the state would require proof of insurance before you can even register a vehicle. That MIGHT help.

I pay a shitload of money to insure my 4 vehicles monthly just so I can cover the expenses from pricks like this.

#329150 - 25/02/05 09:15 AM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
I wish the state would require proof of insurance before you can even register a vehicle. That MIGHT help.
Our state (Alabama) does, but it is not strictly enforced. When we registered my wife's truck the other day, I told them I left my insurance info in the truck. They didn't care and registered it anyway.

Quote:

I pay a shitload of money to insure my 4 vehicles monthly just so I can cover the expenses from pricks like this.
Ditto, for 3 vehicles and 4 drivers (two are teens). Somewhere around $320 a month. It's like having another car payment.

#329151 - 25/02/05 11:36 AM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Isn't that new thing you who were able to vote (Not me - I'm not a Citizen either) on. Pro whatever, supposed to put a stop to illegals obtaining licenses and stuff like that?

When I went to the Phoenix INS office back in November to extend my Greencard I was surprised at how few Mexicans were in there. There were more skinny Russian chicks with old dudes than there were Mexicans. It was like Russianbrides.com revisited. Plenty of Asian / Indian / Pakistani looking folks, but only a hand full of Mexicans in there that day. I guess it's to easy for them to live illegally here that they don't even bother trying to do it legally.

Pisses me off no end, because it cost me a crap load of money to immigrate here legally from the UK.

#329152 - 25/02/05 01:15 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike,
Glad you're ok... If you need anything give me a call. It's a drive, but I'd be glad to help.

Did the guy give a real name to the fuzz?

You hear this crap on the Police scanner all the time. The good ones are the Beer runs. They come accross as "Information Only". In other words it's not worth the Police's time to try and find/convict the criminals. BS! If we started catching these people who think they can get away with anything, maybe, just maybe, we could reduce crime and vandalism.
It sucks to live on the west side now because of this kind of crap.. I'm a native to Arizona. It used to be a good place to live.
Now I wonder. 40 Acres in TX is starting to look really appealing. Put my house smack dab in the middle and never have to listen to another loud car or booming radio that shakes my house. I'll have my X track around the property and never look back.
Take care Mike. Sorry for my rant.

#329153 - 25/02/05 01:30 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Yzerman Offline

Is that his GF in the second picture (on the right side of the photo)? [Huh?] Looks like she's been run over by the ugly car to many times. [Huh?]

What a looker. [Freak]

#329154 - 25/02/05 02:44 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
XterrAZ Offline

I believe that is the GF's mom. The GF didn't look any better.

#329155 - 25/02/05 03:39 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sure the Titan is a tough truck but I think you were just lucky his vehicle was lower than your rear bumper.

I had a Ford F150 4x4 and got rear ended by a F150 2x4. My truck looked a lot like your's minus the bumper damage. The front of his truck looked a lot like the car that hit you. Hood folded up, headlights and grill destroyed, etc.

Damage to my truck was minimal cosmetically, but still added up to $2,200 in parts.

He was self insured and paid for everything.

ben

#329156 - 25/02/05 06:13 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Yzerman Offline

What do they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... [Freak]

#329157 - 25/02/05 06:34 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by armourbl:
I'm sure the Titan is a tough truck but I think you were just lucky his vehicle was lower than your rear bumper.

I had a Ford F150 4x4 and got rear ended by a F150 2x4. My truck looked a lot like your's minus the bumper damage. The front of his truck looked a lot like the car that hit you. Hood folded up, headlights and grill destroyed, etc.

Damage to my truck was minimal cosmetically, but still added up to $2,200 in parts.

He was self insured and paid for everything.

ben
No doubt about it Ben, I saw where my trailer hitch had tore the top of his front fascia as he went under my truck. He hit me hard and no shit, the bumper brackets aren't even bent. Bottom line is...they flat bed towed his out of there and I drove mine to work today.

The adjuster wrote my truck for a bumper, tail light (debris scuffed it), hitch ('cause it's scratched), tailpipe, and a bedside repair (won't happen, it's getting a new bedside, trust me). His will end up in a salvage yard. Our body shop manager looked at the truck today and was ready to bet me paychecks the brackets were bent, he couldn't believe it when he verified they weren't.

Nissans are tough.

#329158 - 08/03/05 10:49 AM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any Update? How are you feeling? Take care Mike.

#329159 - 08/03/05 11:48 AM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
XterrAZ Offline

Feeling fine, no body (mine) damage. Truck went to the shop yesterday, probably be two weeks. Haven't heard back on whether or not the guy's insurance is valid yet.

Thanks for asking Adam.

smile

#329160 - 08/03/05 01:49 PM Re: You think Xterras are tough....check out Titans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good to know you're all right... Two Weeks, I didn't think it was that bad, but you never know until you tear it down.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal