2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#329703 - 28/06/06 04:05 PM Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam, Joanie, and their daughter Terras house has burnt down. They are all safe, and luckily were well insured so as of now, they have a place to stay. However the house was a total loss, and all of their belongings have been taken by the fire. Adam will contact me to let me know what if any assistance can be used; clothes, food, daily ops stuff.. I'll post tomorrow what info he's relayed to me so we can all pull together to help. An excellent suggestion already is for anyone who can afford to, bring $$$ to Childress Buick/Kia (27th ave and Camelback) in the parts dept (one of his jobs) and this will be used immediately for food, water, etc. I'll even ask around my office tomorrow for donations, If you can, I'd suggest you do the same.
Adam is currently our club sec/tres for those who don't know, and is always one of the first to volunteer on mod days. He's always given 100% to the club and unfortunately, right now he, and his family, can use 100% of our support. Can you believe he was even apologizing about not being able to keep the club site up to date in the middle of this? Let's try and make their lives a little easier, I know he'd offer for us..
smile

#329704 - 28/06/06 04:36 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

That totally sucks!

Adam helped me with my PML without even knowing me.

I'm a little (over)extended buying crap for my X, but I'll scrape together a little something.

God bless!

#329705 - 28/06/06 04:41 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spoke to Ty about this earlier.

Mine & Lindsays thoughts are with you guys.

We have tons of baby clothes that will fit Terra if she needs em? I also have quite alot of 'Thin' clothes from when I used to be Thin that would probably fit Adam. Including some Brand New jeans (34 or 36" waist) and a ton of shirts etc.

I'm also good for some cash, but getting it over to Childress during the daytime won't be so easy.

I'll see what I can do about an extended lunch tomorrow or Friday to run over there.

#329706 - 28/06/06 04:49 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Any and all help is appreciated for Adam and his family. As Dan said, you can drop off anything you want to get to Adam here at Childress. I will make sure it gets to him. Bring it to the part's department and ask for Mike. For some of you that don't know me, I started the AZXC and manage the department here at Childress, I am also Adam's supervisor.

We are gathering items from our employees to get to the family. Adam needs his friends now more than imaginable and anything you can help with is huge. I'm sure you all can figure how devastating the situation is coming home and only having left the clothes and items you had with you when you left for work that morning.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mike

#329707 - 28/06/06 04:56 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live right across the freeway from Childress & work in Ahwatukee (I-10 & Elliot) and wouldn't mind shuttling stuff across town.

Is Childress aware that we are going to be bringing stuff by? If they're staying near by I can take stuff straight to them.

#329708 - 28/06/06 04:56 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Holy sh*t... sorry dude, that sucks! Glad to hear you're all okay though.

Hey, anybody know how old is Terra now? We're in the middle of a move this week, but if I can gather up any clothes that might fit her I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I'm sure the insurance claim won't be as speedy as you'd hope.

My "Terra" is only 10 months, but my 4 year-old has a trail of hand-me-downs boxed up around the house that might work. Anybody know her age/clothing size?

Dang.... frown

#329709 - 28/06/06 05:08 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe Terra is 2 now, she looked to be about a 2T when I saw her a few weeks ago. That's my best guess at size anyway. My daughter just turned 3, so we have tons of 2T / 24 month clothes and shoes laying around too.

#329710 - 28/06/06 05:20 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
johnnyx Offline
J

Sounds great. So, if whoever speaks to him next wants to ask if they need/want any clothes for her, wanna post up back here or call me?

(My number is at the bottom of this page: http://www.scottsdale-properties.com/ ) Lv a msg and it'll page me immediately saying I have a message. or call my cell "six-oh-two" - 790 - zero two nine seven.

#329711 - 28/06/06 05:22 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got my daughter going thru her closet right now. Some of it might be a little big, but she'll grow into it.

#329712 - 28/06/06 06:47 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Desert Lady Offline

Loc: Arizona
Our thoughts are with Adam and family.

We'll be waiting for a list of items needed.

#329713 - 28/06/06 06:56 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Linda and are keeping him and family in our thoughts and prayers. We have plenty of furniture and would be willing to donate to Adam and his family for their new home. I will be stopping by Childress tomorrow in the morning with a monetary gift.

#329714 - 28/06/06 09:33 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We've got to get Adam squared away, I've got parts on the way. laugh j/k

I actually feel kinda bad considering Adam's situation.

Mike, I won't be getting to the dealership until after the parts deptment is closed (7:30 or so). Who would I ask about accepting Adam's care package?

#329715 - 28/06/06 09:51 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
XterrAZ Offline

You can drop stuff off in the showroom at the desk straight across from the operator desk. Just tell the guys to give it to me in parts for Adam. Or...if you leave something, just post here and I'll know it's up there.

Thanks again, I know Adam will appreciate everything you guys do for him and his family.

#329716 - 29/06/06 06:34 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Anyone know what size Adam and his wife are?

He's a skinny fawker isn't he? Well, it just so happens I USED to be [Finger]

We'll get some clothes and money together.

#329717 - 29/06/06 06:36 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
I was just thinking too- with all of us pitching in for clothes, poor Adam is going to be wearing Xterra shirts every damn day! laugh

What do you guys have to wear at work there Mike? Khaki's and a polo, jeans or nice button up shirts?

#329718 - 29/06/06 09:12 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We've got some AZ Run shirts and I'll bring a check as well. Won't be a lot, but anything helps, right?

Mike, are you at work Friday afternoon late...like around 4-4:30?

#329719 - 29/06/06 10:02 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sending Lindsay (The wife) out there tomorrow on her day off. She will be bringing some Clothes / Toys for Terra, plus some of my old 'Thin' clothes for Adam, Shirts & Jeans & Some T-shirts etc. Should be good for work clothes.

For anyone not comfortable leaving cash, Adams last name is Merriman for checks etc.

#329720 - 29/06/06 10:47 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
johnnyx Offline
J

Not to get too personal, but when you say 'thin', you mean 150 lbs, 175, ? I didn't stare at him too close last time I saw him and it's been a while, so I don't know what size he might wear. [LOL]

I'm 5' 11", 160-ish so y'all think that size might fit him? If so, I'll add that to the big box(es).

#329721 - 29/06/06 10:50 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeaa, I'd estimate 175'ish.

I'm now 230lbs (Give or take a couple), so no fitting in a 34" / 36" waist pair of jeans for me anymore. Like I did back when I moved here from England.

#329722 - 29/06/06 11:00 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I just spoke with Adam. He and his family are doing well. He wanted me to express to everyone that he is deeply appreciative of all the offers of help and assistance. He mentioned that in the next couple of weeks he will be needing to clean out the house and the garage. I know I will be helping.

He did tell me that all the clothes in dressers didn't burn but has smoke damage. They will be trying to salvage those.

#329723 - 29/06/06 11:22 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm very sorry to hear this frown I'm glad to see everyone pull together for a member. I have a trunk in one of our closets with stuffed animals I've been hanging onto since I was small...unfortuantely the lock on it is stuck but if I can get Alex to pick at it or break it open I can bag them up for the little girl smile

#329724 - 29/06/06 11:28 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
XterrAZ Offline

Don't worry about work clothes for him, we have uniforms here at work. I'm sure he won't mind Xterra shirts wink

I normally am only here at Childress until 4pm. I've been around a little longer since Adam hasn't been here so I'll probably be around. Give me a call on my cell if you're coming and I'll make sure I stick around...602-677-5025

I talked to Adam this morning and apparently some of you have called to offer help. He told me how lucky he was to have such good friends.

[ThumbsUp]

#329725 - 29/06/06 12:58 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll head that way after work tomorrow...I'll try to get there by 4.

#329726 - 29/06/06 01:19 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unfortunately most of the clothes my daughter came up with are winter stuff we hadn't given her cousin yet.

I'll be by late (after 7pm) with some pocket money. Cash is always the right size! laugh

#329727 - 29/06/06 02:40 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went to the top bod in our PR department, they are all about good local PR, so maybe they will help. If not, it was worth a shot.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal