2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#329728 - 29/06/06 05:27 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

My daughters are almost 5 and 1.5. Both have quite a few clothes they dont wear plus way too many toys. Let me know what there needs are and I'll see what I can do. I would like to help them out with what they need.

#329729 - 29/06/06 06:22 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have twins a boy and a girl now 11 and would also like to help with cloths let us know what is needed and we will try to put something togather.Baby on up to present.
smile

#329730 - 29/06/06 07:54 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't imagine what this must be like. We'd like to help out. Is there a mailing address we can send a Target or WalMart gift card to? You guys are in our prayers...

#329731 - 29/06/06 10:03 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by XTRK8:
I can't imagine what this must be like. We'd like to help out. Is there a mailing address we can send a Target or WalMart gift card to? You guys are in our prayers...
Childress Automall
attn Mike Robinson
2223 W. Camelback Rd
Phoenix AZ 85015

This is Adam's work address for now. I say for now because he is changing jobs and going back into the computer data field as of 7/10. This is probably the best address for right now to send anything to as we receive daily UPS, Fed Ex, and DHL shipments. Other than the mail, everything comes in through my department. The mail goes through the business office and everyone is very aware of Adam's situation and will get anything sent here immediately to me for him.

Adam will be back to work tomorrow, Friday, and will be posting back on the XOC through his work computer. He hasn't been on for the last couple of days as the fire took his home computer equipment along with most everything else. If he has a better address to send to I'm sure he will share it with everyone.

Anything already brought to me or given to Dan will be in Adam's hands tomorrow as he returns to work. I was going to deliver it tonight but he said he would be back tomorrow and he would get it then.

I'm hoping we can get a list of needed items up soon after his return. I've had a lot of people ask me what the family needs for now but I just don't have the answers yet. Hopefully in talking to Adam tomorrow I will have a better idea and possibly get a list posted for all the XOC'ers that want to help. I've already had several calls from XOC members outside the AZXC wanting to send things, you are wonderful people. I know that it will touch their hearts with all your outpouring of support and caring.

Thank you.

#329732 - 30/06/06 08:24 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys are the BEST!!! [ThumbsUp]

I can't beleive the outpouring of support from everyone that I've been in contact with, and to read the posts I've seen made me swell with pride and gratitude that I have never experienced in my life before.

I am so grateful that I have so many wonderful friends and have so much to be thankful for. No one was hurt in or fighting the fire, I have a great Mom, who's allowing me to stay with her, my two dogs and two birds survived. I purchased Renters insurance just after moving in and the list goes on.

I have so much to do and go through, cataloging and identifying replacement value for the irreplacable belongings that I had accumulated and dragged with me for the last 33yrs. Most of which are just burned to nothing.

Again Thank you and I will be posting up a "Wish list" as soon as I can dig through the rubble and sort the bad from good.

Sincerley,
Adam Merriman

#329733 - 30/06/06 09:04 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, Adam, you told me you wanted to clean out all that junk. Most folks just have a yard sale, but a fire certainly is one way to go. laugh

#329734 - 30/06/06 09:18 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to hear the pets made it. I did think about them earlier in the week. That would have added another whole miserable experience to an already hellish one if you lost those guys too.

#329735 - 30/06/06 10:33 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
XterrAZ Offline

Here is a very basic initial list of clothes sizes for anyone that has a donation for the Merriman family-

Terra (guess where they got the name smile )-

Top size 2T-3T
Bottom size 24-2T

Joannie-

Both top and bottom woman's size 24

Adam-

Pant's size 32W x 33-34L
Shirt size XL

Adam says they are all OK on shoes so those aren't on the list.

As stated...a very basic list of clothes sizes needed. As far as other "stuff" goes...I will post another list of things lost as they sort through the house and compile items they are in need of. I can say for right now that the majority of their household items were lost so if you have anything you are about to get rid of that you are no longer in need of or have replaced but is still in working order....I know the family would appreciate it. Items can either be dropped off or sent to Childress at the address posted previously in this thread.

Once again I thank everyone for all they are willing to do for the Merrimans, they can use all they help they can get in their time of need.

Mike

#329736 - 30/06/06 11:07 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I sent a few pairs of jeans with 34W, you'll have to wear a belt with em you skinny git! smile

Lindsay will be dropping off some clothes, toys and bits n pieces for Joannie later.

#329737 - 30/06/06 04:00 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

WalMart card and a stuffed animal for Terra are on the way to Childress.

#329738 - 30/06/06 04:24 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank B:
WalMart card and a stuffed animal for Terra are on the way to Childress.
[ThumbsUp]

#329739 - 30/06/06 04:38 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know it's not much, but a Walmart card is on the way. So very sorry for your loss.

#329740 - 30/06/06 05:12 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
I know it's not much, but a Walmart card is on the way. So very sorry for your loss.
X2.

Thoughts and prayers going out as well.

#329741 - 30/06/06 05:18 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam,

I'm sorry to here about the fire. Glad that nobody was hurt. I wish I was there to help out, but thank goodness the rest of the club is there and helping out in many different ways.

Take care.

#329742 - 30/06/06 07:29 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
I know this is on the other side of the country, and may be none of my business, but I will watch this thread for a list of things, and send what we can to help. I will start asking people here to think about what they can do to help out. Mail and UPS work great.

So....I will watch this thread and see what needs we can help with. And please let me know if anything comes up that we can help with in the meantime.

And please let those affected know that they are in our thoughts.

EDIT: Nevermind....I asked about the address and name for sending something now. I just now saw it on page 2.....sorry about that.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#329743 - 30/06/06 08:13 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Ugh, been out of town all week. Adam and family, sorry about your loss. We will do what we can to help. Will keep my eyes peeled for your wish list.

Mark

#329744 - 30/06/06 10:02 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. May God bless your family.
Scott

#329745 - 01/07/06 03:57 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its always a hard thing to watch someone fight through a tragity such as the one you have just been through. I'd like to do what i can to help as well. Going out to town this weekend, but will check back here when i return for things i can do to help.

[Wave]

#329746 - 01/07/06 09:35 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sure we'll be looking at a cleanup effort in a week or two.

#329747 - 01/07/06 12:06 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam,
Let me know when you are ready to sort through and try to salvage. I am off 2 of every 3 days, and will lend my fat, lazy ass to some manual labor in 110 degree heat......... [Huh?]

#329748 - 01/07/06 06:40 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn Adam,
I'm sorry to hear about this. Happy to hear that the entire family was ok. I'll do what I can to help from over here and have something sent your way.

Georgie

#329749 - 02/07/06 12:41 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry for the tragedy, I guess Wal Mart is the closest thing since thats all thats headed your way, so we'll have one on the way as well. Take care of yourselves.

#329750 - 03/07/06 07:58 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the opportunity to go through everything that was sent my way this weekend and I feel so lucky to have so many people that care about us. Terra absolutely loved the toys and I can't express through words how much it lifted us to see her so happy.

I feel so lucky to have you as my friends. [ThumbsUp]
You guys helped to bring me up beyond anything I could have hoped for. This devistation has brought my family and friends closer and has made me look at the world in a completely new way.

In a morbid way, I'm glad this happened to us. We have so much more to be grateful for and we will not take for granted our place in life, as it is so precious. I only hope that I will be in a position to return the favor someday.

In a couple of weeks I will be needing assistance to put all of my Garage (Which made it through unscathed) and salvageable belongings into a storage container that I will have put in my driveway and any help will be greatly appreciated. I will keep you informed as I have internet access.

Again we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts hope you have a wonderful and safe weekend.

Sincerely,
Adam, Joannie and Terra Merriman

#329751 - 05/07/06 10:39 AM Re: Club members tragedy...
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Adam - (or if anyone else knows since I doubt Adam is on the board all that much right now)

Do you need a kitchen/dining room table? We have one we're about to sell on Craigs list, but you can have it if you need it. Its light pine, seats 6, and has 6 chairs that match. Top is stained but it just needs to be refinished, which should be easy with that wood.

Mark

#329752 - 05/07/06 04:36 PM Re: Club members tragedy...
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
As of right now Adam does not have anywhere to put anything since they are living with his mom.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal