2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#330285 - 22/01/04 06:51 PM Xcursion Mods
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I don't know if the club has ever done this before, but I was thinking maybe we could make it a tradition to do some kind of small mod to everyone's truck each time we're out on an Xcursion and stopped for lunch or something.

For instance, I still haven't done the in cabin microfilter mod. If somebody that has done it before would tell me exactly what to buy and what tools to bring, I'm sure it would be super fast to do with some help from someone that has done theirs.

Or the resonator removal mod. One one of our runs, I brought the tools and parts needed, and with the help of 4 others we had those suckers removed from my X in less than 10 minutes.

Or I've read that some people have put in new horns (I hate that mine sounds wimpier than the one on my 88 Camry) etc etc. I'm sure there are a bunch of relatively cheap mods everyone would do if we just had one person on a trip tell us exactly what parts and tools to bring and help us do them.

What does everyone think? Good tradition to start? I'd be willing to start it off by researching and doing the horn mod on my X, and then helping everyone else through it when we're out on the next run if theres interest in that. (not that you all couldn't figure out how to do it yourselves, but I know I'm too lazy in general and like when someone just tells me what to do smile

Mark

#330286 - 22/01/04 07:14 PM Re: Xcursion Mods
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Quote:
Originally posted by NOSUP4U:
I like when someone just tells me what to do smile

Mark
Your wife has trained you well~

#330287 - 22/01/04 07:52 PM Re: Xcursion Mods
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
This is where we need members like Craig (XTonka) to go "Hey, this is what you bring, I get it installed", damn I miss that guy. Anyway, we could do it if there were any members that really worked on their X and knew it what was going on. I just don't have the drive to work on them, the service depart fix'es mine anymore.

Go buy another X Craig, damn we need your expertise again...

#330288 - 22/01/04 07:56 PM Re: Xcursion Mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please refer to exhibit A- FS: 2000 SE, aka Yellowjacket [ThumbsUp]

#330289 - 22/01/04 09:51 PM Re: Xcursion Mods
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
Go buy another X Craig, damn we need your expertise again...
I WISH!
As far as the in cabin micro filter, I've installed a few of those on the trail before. All you need is the filter, phillips screwdriver, and a sturdy utility knife (retractable razor blade type) [Geek] Takes all of 10 minutes, although I did slice my hand open doing Michael Duarte's before running 4 peaks. :rolleyes:

And thanks for the kind words Mike, but how quickly we forget,,,, I was TONKA X . wink

On a side note, I'm always available for consulting, I just don't work for free anymore. laugh

#330290 - 23/01/04 11:05 AM Re: Xcursion Mods
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
I spelled it wrong...I meant EX-Tonka frown

wink

#330291 - 24/01/04 08:43 PM Re: Xcursion Mods
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
I think you're on the right track. What if we had a mod day like we used to when Craig was here. I think with enough heads we can do a lot. I'm willing to "sacrafice" my garage to any one in need. I think doing mods in town would be "smarter" than doing them on the trail. For safety reasons, but I think you're on the right track. Maybe we could have a mod day every other month or so. Let me know what everyone thinks and we can see what happends next meeting. We also have been talking about having a bearing packing day. If anyone is interested we can make a date.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal