2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#330960 - 09/11/06 05:07 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Noobs should remove the Steprails and Mudflaps to avoid damaging them. They are easy to remove and really you won't miss them that much. Take the rear swaybar off if you really want to be prepared, it'll let you take some better lines with better flex.

Hope to see you all Saturday. [Wave] [/QB]
I can probably get the Mudflaps off, but Steprails might be a bit of a challenge in the dark frown Apparently there are downsides for 7ish to 6ish work sometimes. Any chance of survival if I keep the Steprails on?

EDIT: Well, to make myself feel like a total noob, I could not reach all the screws or figure out the freaking little nub to get the splash guards off! Doing it in the dark didn't quite help either.

#330961 - 09/11/06 06:11 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I had my '03 I did the trails with mine on, but did hit one bending it a bit. You'll just have to take easy lines and be spotted on the more difficult ones.

BTW Payette is not for the unmodified (Stock) or intimidated. Very, Very rough on the stock skids, but I had fun. Thanks Xtoolbox and TF&J! I impressed them and some bystanders with the '05 capabilities. [ThumbsUp]

#330962 - 09/11/06 06:22 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh
Quote:
BTW Payette is not for the unmodified (Stock) or intimidated.
Never said it was.. I'm a little jealous I have to say. You obviously liked it, did you get up the big shelf (2nd part) and drive to FILTER? Did either of them try it? WHERE'S YOUR CAMERA!! [Freak]

#330963 - 10/11/06 10:25 AM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ran Broken Arrow totally stock with rails and flaps a week after I bought mine. Always suggest taking the rails off just in case. Worst thing to happen to the flaps is that nature rips them off for you.... [Smoking]

#330964 - 10/11/06 10:29 AM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
laugh
Quote:
BTW Payette is not for the unmodified (Stock) or intimidated.
Never said it was.. I'm a little jealous I have to say. You obviously liked it, did you get up the big shelf (2nd part) and drive to FILTER? Did either of them try it? WHERE'S YOUR CAMERA!! [Freak]
I didn't try the shelves and got off the creek where the road crosses it. Terra was sound alseep on the Rocks and I didn't want to keep banging her around.

I did like it, but would feel much more comfortable with a lift and skids. Then again I would still find the crunch, bang and screeching unsettling.

I'll definately do it again someday.

BTW, no camera was due to Joannie having it on her trip to Montana. Xtoolbox took some and I think he said he'd post them.

#330965 - 10/11/06 10:34 AM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
It did however cost me $135 for a pair of Red Velvet DM Boots << Boots Clicky >> in order to persuade the wife to let me go for the day. But that is a small price to pay for freedom! smile
be sure to wear the boots Rog...We may enjoy seeing your in them almost as much as your wife.... [Huh?] eek

#330966 - 10/11/06 02:13 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would love to - Shame they are like 5 sizes to small - Damn! smile

Well while we were on vacation my mother in law and her mother (Lindsays Gran) cleaned up our house. And now the box in which my Differential Skid was in is missing, after I get off work early today to install it. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Will be taking off the rear sway bar, but I guess I'll have to run without my diff armor.

#330967 - 10/11/06 02:17 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

You wouldn't need the diff skid anyways Roger.. Glad you're still coming though [ThumbsUp]

#330968 - 10/11/06 03:21 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeaa - me too. Been wanting to hit Sedona forever. Rear swaybar is off. With the way the X almost sits on the new Timbren bumpstops I put on, it doesn't need it anyway.

Decided on FIrestone Destination MT tires once the Daystar is on. Waldo who will be there tomorrow has them on his X I hear.

#330969 - 10/11/06 03:36 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excellent choice on tires mate. I had two sets before moving on to 33" DuellerMTs. You'll love 'em. (And I can get you the right price too..)

Here it is, I just went on a little virtual tour. The jeeps still slowed me up a bit though wink

#330970 - 10/11/06 03:50 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Payette ??

These rocks sure look familiar!

#330971 - 10/11/06 04:02 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
That would be the place. I was in the passenger seat on that run.

#330972 - 10/11/06 04:36 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, but you weren't for this part.. :p

[Wave]

#330973 - 10/11/06 09:58 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ummm... can you keep the pictures elsewhere for now? My noob blood stopped in my veins! I realize that it is not the same trail as the one most people are going to tomorrow (riiiiiight?!) but still... i feel like I am missing my Paris-Dakar experience to help me out tomorrow.

You people are making me have second thoughts here! My mud flaps are off but the rails are still on... and reading other posts does not add to confidence for tomorrow... but I am still coming, we'll see what happens then smile

#330974 - 10/11/06 10:20 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't panic dude. That trail is way more hardcore than Broken Arrow.

#330975 - 11/11/06 01:19 AM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

merp merp merp merpwawwwwwwww [Spit] [Laughing] [LOL] [Smoking]
Edited to add: P.S. I think the AZ club has some the most laid back members, so I think it is awesome that everyone is comfortable busting some photos out! I mean who cares anyway?? [Smoking]

#330976 - 11/11/06 01:27 AM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasonazx:
merp merp merp merpwawwwwwwww [Spit] [Laughing] [LOL] [Smoking]
I KNEW you couldn't keep from MERP'n up the Forums for TOOO long!! OH wait.. don't you have something to TELL everyone???? Hmmm???

#330977 - 11/11/06 04:33 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got back from Sedona. No trail carnage (that I know of) & fun was had by all. Pictures to follow (depending on how they turned out) tomorrow.

#330978 - 11/11/06 04:44 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm uploading pics as we speak. Will have them up shortly, I also have some video of Dan coming down that rather awkward rock up the top. Had a great time, will have to see if I can find out what is causing the weird noise up front tho, which will mean many visits to the dealership no doubt.

Here's everyone that showed up. Awesome turn out.

#330979 - 11/11/06 06:11 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great new group shot and a good bunch of wheelers smile . Glad you enjoyed yourself too. You , Mihael, and John all did a great job today [ThumbsUp] . I hope you saw why that trail is so well liked after getting to run it.. Nice to see XTOOLBOX too, there'll be some great pics of him in "the wedge". Get those pics up now, I'm jonesin' already.. wink

#330980 - 11/11/06 06:42 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Sweet! The best part is that all the headlights are Square!!

NIce turn out, wish i could of made it but had to get up at 5am and work my ass off. Now about about to journey to job #2..... oh horray...

#330981 - 11/11/06 06:47 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Woot! So this was certainly fun, well worth the extra screws I will need to get for my Xterra! Can't wait to see all the pics/videos people got. I have only a couple pictures and apparently they were all taken right AFTER a wheel (or two) were in the air. Still, my friends are questioning my sanity more than usual already smile Goal accomplished! I'll post a couple once I recover enough to operate a mouse.

Thanks to everyone that spotted me, if it wasn't for you guys, my pants wouldn't even get a chance to dry up! Looking forward to doing this again!

Mikhail (I know, blame the french for spelling that one!)

#330982 - 11/11/06 06:51 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, if I knew you're French, I never would've helped you :p J/K nice job driving today smile

#330983 - 11/11/06 08:06 PM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Dude, if I knew you're French, I never would've helped you :p J/K nice job driving today smile
Haha, I am Russian... with Russian name in English spelled using French rules... I am a victim here! I don't think I would've gotten far today without some good pointers! My car looks almost clean now... if I squint.

#330984 - 12/11/06 06:14 AM Re: NOV 11th SEDONA RUN
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK - photos are up:

http://www.rinky.us/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=15

A few samples:

The Gratuitous group shot.

Xterra Butts.

My X.

This doesn't really do justice to how difficult this obsticle was. Well done Joannie.

Video of Dan coming down it:
<< Dan Video Clicky >>

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal