2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#331010 - 12/02/08 10:49 AM Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Well... Some of us will be booted from the house (T-Ray) and others will just have nothing better to do then pull out a good old TV dinner and put in a action flik into the DVD player...

Soo... For thouse of us... Or you single folk... Anyone wanna do a night run while the girls are at the "party"?

Totally open to suggestions on a location. And heading out, we can aim for about the same time the girls head to T-Ray's house. So maybe a 6pm trailhead meeting somewhere?

From Sheila's other "parties" and since I'm sure they will be telling eachother WAY to much info about us to one another... They will be at it till at least 10... So that give us plenty of time for a pretty good run somewhere.

Suggestions?
Table Mesa
Butch Jones Rec Area
Four Peaks

Anyone up for it?

[EDIT]

Meeting Place: Conoco (87 and Ft. McDowell)
Time to Meet: 5:30PM
Leaving for the Coves: 6:00PM
FRS: 14
CB: 17

STOCK FRIENDLY TRAIL laugh For all you guys that want to join and are unsure you can make it... Yes the is a VERY easy area... And very fun for all skill levels and rig capabilities.

BE SURE TO GAS UP BEFORE YOU GET THERE... Gas is $0.50/gallon more then anywhere else at the Conoco, but the air is free.

Head Count:
MadManX w/ a ride-along
karlover007
T-Ray
Skatchkins
AZ-Ted (needs a ride, anyone?)
XCJ (tenative)
asuhondo (tenative)
Garrett in the yota (tenative)
Onix (tenative)(you better be there)

Anyone else joining?

And Please get the "better halves" over the the girls party... Yes they can buy stuff... But that isn't the point. The point is so all the "better halves" get to know each other. Oh, and female friends are also welcome, they do not have to be invloved with the club to go to the party.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#331011 - 12/02/08 11:14 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am in, as long as your lights are AHEAD of me, not BEHIND me.

#331012 - 12/02/08 11:41 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by karlover007:
I am in, as long as your lights are AHEAD of me, not BEHIND me.
Well next time tell me to shut them off ... Or pick a flatter road... Wait... The bumps made it funner laugh

Oh... Racing down those trails Sat, I lost part of my front sway bar mount frown Rattled the bolts right out.

Got a suggestion on where? Or a preference to the ones I mentioned?

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#331013 - 12/02/08 03:05 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would go for whichever one is closer? I am not familiar with Butch Jones Rec Area, the other two I have at least an idea of what I am getting into, but I am down for anything.

#331014 - 12/02/08 05:58 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
MadManX Offline

Quote:
I would go for whichever one is closer? I am not familiar with Butch Jones Rec Area, the other two I have at least an idea of what I am getting into, but I am down for anything.
Ahh... And where were we on Sat? ... The first place we wheeled at was the butcher jones rec area after the cleanup :p

But now that i think about it... We have to scratch that one off... The gates close at sunset.

Hum... Table Mesa maybe? ... I've never been out there to wheel yet... Maybe AZ-Ted can show us around.

Onix... You in too?

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#331015 - 12/02/08 08:45 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can show you guys around Table Mesa as long as I can ride along with someone. My truck won't be fixed until next week sometime. The diff is coming in from Tennessee.

#331016 - 12/02/08 09:08 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Quote:
[b]I am in, as long as your lights are AHEAD of me, not BEHIND me.
Well next time tell me to shut them off ... Or pick a flatter road... Wait... The bumps made it funner laugh

Oh... Racing down those trails Sat, I lost part of my front sway bar mount frown Rattled the bolts right out.

Got a suggestion on where? Or a preference to the ones I mentioned?

-MadManX[/b]
at least you didnt almost flip it. according to you anyway, i felt very in control. but i guees you usually are just until you arent. :p
how high did i get that right rear like 3 feet off the ground..

#331017 - 13/02/08 07:45 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I there, however I work till 7pm...I should be able to back out early though.

Table Mesa sounds good. East or West side??? I know the West side very well. Never been on the East side. Should be wet and muddy, rain in forecast tomorrow and Friday.

#331018 - 13/02/08 07:59 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
I can show you guys around Table Mesa as long as I can ride along with someone. My truck won't be fixed until next week sometime. The diff is coming in from Tennessee.
You are welcome to join me, Ted.

#331019 - 13/02/08 08:03 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The east side runs out to Seven Springs, or it did before one of the big fires a while back. There's a lot more to do on the west side anyhow.. The big hill, the white wall, down to the river, lots of hill climbs, prolly some mud, even just boony-whompin' down the river bed if it's not too wet.

#331020 - 13/02/08 10:23 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What time are you all thinking about heading out? I would like to come, do you think a stock 06 4X4 S would make it?

#331021 - 13/02/08 10:51 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by asuhondo:
What time are you all thinking about heading out? I would like to come, do you think a stock 06 4X4 S would make it?
We won't get ya into any trouble we can't get you out of smile Spoters will be present, No body damage should occur... So yeah... The street tires should make the mud a blast, if you don't need a tug out of it.

Tim, where you need to be for work? ... I haven't ran either side of Table Mesa and was trying to get Ted as shotgun with one of us so we didn't get lost. I'm up for either side though.

So... Plan is so far Table Mesa, side to be determined. Time, well the girls are at Tims at 6pm, and Tim has to be to work by 7pm... how does 3 or 4 at Ceveron (I17 and Carefree) sound to everyone?

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#331022 - 13/02/08 11:01 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by asuhondo:
I will be in a stock 06 4x4 S, so if you get stuck, I'll be right there with ya wink

Quote:
So... Plan is so far Table Mesa, side to be determined. Time, well the girls are at Tims at 6pm, and Tim has to be to work by 7pm... how does 3 or 4 at Ceveron (I17 and Carefree) sound to everyone?
I am not sure how is it that 3 or 4 making sense? Shouldn't it be 8 or 9 then? Especially since it's a "night" run?
I am doing some apartment hunting during the day, so 3 or 4 might be tough to make and I will be going to Maricopa after that for dinner.

#331023 - 13/02/08 11:18 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, 8 or 9 would be better for me too. i have to work at 4 for a couple hours at a basketball game so I should be done at 7 at the latest. If I can't make this I will see you guys at the next one!

#331024 - 13/02/08 11:46 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
But now that i think about it... We have to scratch that one off... The gates close at sunset.

-MadManX[/QUOTE]

They don't close it anymore. I have started most of my night trips out there around 9:30pm and the gate is always open.

#331025 - 13/02/08 11:56 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

DBAX the east side still runs to seven springs then you can go all the way to carefree or cave creek. I did it a couple of months ago. One of my friends two saturdays ago went out to do the west side and since i have not done the west side i am not sure were but he said the first river crossing was 3 to 4 feet deep and i think in another post AZ-ted ran in to this just thought I would throw that out. But since there has not been any rain recently I am sure it has gone down.

#331026 - 13/02/08 12:37 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am now DONE with work at 3:30pm. I say let's go run a few coves at Butcher Jones for a few hours. Much more fun IMO than Table Mesa.

Either trail let's plan on meeting somewhere at 5:00pm. That way we get together and aired down before it gets dark and are on trail when it gets dark.

If Mikhail has to be in Maricopa and MadManx you live out that way, the Coves are closer. They arecloser to me too...plus we may beable to get a couple SWANKy guys out with us.

I pretty sure they don't close it anymore as well, since datz510 makes night runs frequently out there and usually starts at 6pm.

My vote is for the Coves at Butcher Jones. Much more area and trails to explore from mild to wild. Can I get an "AMEN"?

#331027 - 13/02/08 01:42 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
MadManX Offline

Only down side to the coves is the lack of mudd. laugh ... Otherwise I'm still down for either too.

Someone want to make up our minds?

karlover007, what time you plan on leaving Maricopa? ... If we can get your timing down I think we can get a firm trail head time. Since me and you can run up to the trail together.

And I know it is labled as a "night run" but I'm expecting to be out till about 10 or 11 (later if I still have gas and ppl are awake). But I'm trying to line this up with the "girls party" also going on and it starts at 6pm.

So karlover007 needs to pick a dinner done time, and maybe he can decide the trail too... So we can get a firm time and place and invite the SWANKy guys over.

AZ-Ted... I might have a shotgun buddy from work, and if so I'll talk someone here to take ya laugh ... Otherwise my passenger seat is all yours. I'm working on convincing a chevy guy to finish his rig (yeah it would end up more towards a SWANKy rig, but hey... Maybe I can turn him into a Nissan guy).

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#331028 - 13/02/08 03:54 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gate's always open at the coves.

If you guys decide to go there you bringing wood to burn stuff?

#331029 - 13/02/08 07:16 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I here the mall is having a sale....J/K eek

#331030 - 13/02/08 07:34 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Someone want to make up our minds?

karlover007, what time you plan on leaving Maricopa? ... If we can get your timing down I think we can get a firm trail head time. Since me and you can run up to the trail together.
I am good to go at 6 and on. May be even earlier if necessary. Since Tim said coves are closer to us, lets go with that, we rarely get such opportunities smile

#331031 - 13/02/08 08:58 PM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Only down side to the coves is the lack of mudd.
That depends on what kind of mud you play in.. Cove 4(?), the big one with the hill climb on the left, is where I drove my Gen1 across the lake bottom over 60 yds with water 3-5" up the windowsides a good ways eek . Night run coincidentaly.. It was odd seeing the water, fairly clear, around the truck, illuminated by the headlights as I chugged along. Listening to the fanblades slap the water as it crept up inside the engine compartment, higher and higher. There's a bylaw for AZXC prohbiting the consumption of Knob Creek Bourbon, and driving 'neath the water under moonlight now after that incident. :rolleyes:

[Laughing]

#331032 - 14/02/08 05:54 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Coves at Butcher Jones Rec Area it is. [ThumbsUp]

Saturday Feb. 16th meet at Conoco on the 87 and Ft. McDowell at...5:30pm to leave by 6:00pm for the green gate.

#331033 - 14/02/08 06:47 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
XCJ Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ
As long as you think I can handle it stock, I'm in. This would be my first time out, so I'll have questions. My friend is visiting from Toronto. I guess we can show him some AZ backcountry. Should I bring the handheld CB?

#331034 - 14/02/08 06:49 AM Re: Fb 16th Night run for the boys?
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Coves at Butcher Jones Rec Area it is. [ThumbsUp]

Saturday Feb. 16th meet at Conoco on the 87 and Ft. McDowell at...5:30pm to leave by 6:00pm for the green gate.
Sounds good to me... I'll edit the top... Do we have a head count? Oh... And Sheila needs a head count for the "girls party"... Can you guys please let her know... She is getting mad at me since my turn out sounds bigger than hers.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal