2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#331285 - 17/04/07 05:45 AM May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

defibvt and I will be going to Box Canyon and Florence area trails May 12th. This will be a great day and a chance to pre-run Box Canyon before the night run later on in May. There are a multitude of trails down there from easy to extreme, so come along and have some good 'ol times with me and defibvt (Scott) who has a hard time making it for Xcursions due to a messy work schedule.

Stay tuned for full details.

*****CHECK PAGE 4 FOR UPDATES*****

#331286 - 17/04/07 06:50 AM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmmm - Will have to try and get the CV Boots done on my 4Runner before then and maybe I'll bring her along for her trial run.

#331287 - 17/04/07 10:47 AM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Hmmmmm - Will have to try and get the CV Boots done on my 4Runner before then and maybe I'll bring her along for her trial run.
Hey if ya need help, we can bang that task out in no time. Just let me know. Don't want anything holdin' ya back from a badass day of wheelin'!

#331288 - 17/04/07 12:14 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Count me in.

I'll cross post on N4W and we'll get a big old herd out there.

Meeting time/place?

Are you running Coke Ovens too?

#331289 - 17/04/07 12:27 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Meeting time will be 8:00am.

As to the meeting place...open for suggestions. I am not knowledgeable on good meet up spots near there.

Please cross post this Andy, I forgot to throw it up on SWANKy net this morning. It would be awesome to have a herd of transfer case equipped machines out there.

I am up to run as many trails as possible that day. I was thinkin' Box Canyon for sure, maybe Coke Ovens, Telegraph Canyon, Martinez Cabin,...?

Come one come all... cool

#331290 - 17/04/07 12:40 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

A good day run is in through box canyon, to the cabins for lunch, and out to the coke ovens in the afternoon, cross the river and go back out to florence....

Or, we could go out battleaxe and come out in superior.

8am...if going into Box Canyon, why not just meet at the Price Road turnoff in Florence immediately past the RR tracks. That's the entrance road to go to Box Canyon.

Anyone interested in an overnighter and camping by the river on Saturday night?

#331291 - 17/04/07 01:56 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Box Canyon, Cabins, Coke Ovens is kinda what I had in mind, so that sounds good. cool

Let's meet at the entrance to Box Canyon. As described above. If anyone needs more better directions lemme know.

Thanks for your input and help Andy. Looking forward to wheeling with ya again. [ThumbsUp]

ETA: I am camping ya'll.

#331292 - 17/04/07 05:37 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Count me in. Heehee!! I get to offroad...I get to offroad!!!!

#331293 - 17/04/07 07:59 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah for Scott!!! [LOL]

We're thinking about it, but it's getting close to finding out when we may get to move. We'll have to play it by ear.

#331294 - 17/04/07 09:49 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I get back to work on Thursday I'll see if I can get the 12th off.

#331295 - 18/04/07 01:40 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually have this weekend off atm. Am going to see about making it out with Bren and the pups and camp as well.
I know...who the hell is this stranger posting up? :p

Anyway, Bren's B-day is the wekend before, so copious amounts of Knob Creek and coke may be consumed at camp that eve....lol

Do I need to get a permit from the state or BLM. Can never remember if the trails on trust land or BLM....

#331296 - 18/04/07 01:49 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

If my memory serves me correctly, it is state trust land. It would be great to have ya out Ty. Haven't seen ya since Hassayampa a while back and CK before that.

This is shaping up to be a great weekend of camping/wheeling, between SWANKy and AZXC we should have a good turnout. Already 8 trucks going!

#331297 - 18/04/07 03:07 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's only state trust land if you come in via Cottonwood Canyon, which we're not. No special permits are needed. Everything is BLM.

#331298 - 18/04/07 09:55 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

hahahaha copius and knob....two words that sound funny together lol anyway count me in, i will bring up the rear with a towstrap in hand! just kidding Im riding with Timmy!

#331299 - 19/04/07 09:24 AM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doesn't hurt anything for folks to invest the whopping $15 per year for s State Land permit tho: http://www.land.state.az.us/programs/natural/rec_offroad_permit.htm

#331300 - 19/04/07 02:17 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on big spender, spring for the $20 family permit. laugh

#331301 - 19/04/07 09:47 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rinky you had better make it out to this run...NO EXCUSES!!

#331302 - 24/04/07 11:20 AM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by 2Xplore:
...Anyway, Bren's B-day is the wekend before, so copious amounts of Knob Creek and coke may be consumed at camp that eve....lol
[Freak] [Geek] [Freak] [Geek] [Freak] [Geek] [Freak] [Geek]
Don't taint the Knob with Coke-a-Cola, drink it straight up, the way good whiskey was meant to be.

If you're bound and determined to mix, get something a little less refined, say Jack Daniels.

#331303 - 24/04/07 11:29 AM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Flawlessfab:
Rinky you had better make it out to this run...NO EXCUSES!!
I have many excuses! 1 - My 4Runner still needs the CV Boots done up front. 2 - My old house still isn't in sellable condition. If both aren't resolved before May 12th - I won't be there smile

#331304 - 24/04/07 12:18 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Rinky you had better make it out to this run...NO EXCUSES!!
I have many excuses! 1 - My 4Runner still needs the CV Boots done up front. 2 - My old house still isn't in sellable condition. If both aren't resolved before May 12th - I won't be there smile [/b]
Hey, as previously offered, I will be more than happy to help knock out a CV replacement with ya. We could get it done and still have plenty of time to drink beer and watch the Suns game. [drink]

#331305 - 24/04/07 12:44 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Rinky you had better make it out to this run...NO EXCUSES!!
I have many excuses! 1 - My 4Runner still needs the CV Boots done up front. 2 - My old house still isn't in sellable condition. If both aren't resolved before May 12th - I won't be there smile [/b]
Hey, as previously offered, I will be more than happy to help knock out a CV replacement with ya. We could get it done and still have plenty of time to drink beer and watch the Suns game. [drink] [/b]
Swapping them out is no big deal - Could probably do it myself in 2 / 3 hours. My house is way more important than that right now, have to get a bunch of gravel delivered to landscape the front yard, then do some work on painting the windows / doors outside to make her look nice from the street. Got the Dinning Room / Kitchen tiled the last 2 weekends - Looks amazing, wish I had done it while I still lived there.

Will give ya a shout tho when I get a chance to spend a few hours on the 4Runner.

#331306 - 30/04/07 08:50 PM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Accasbel:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2Xplore:
[b]...Anyway, Bren's B-day is the wekend before, so copious amounts of Knob Creek and coke may be consumed at camp that eve....lol
[Freak] [Geek] [Freak] [Geek] [Freak] [Geek] [Freak] [Geek]
Don't taint the Knob with Coke-a-Cola, drink it straight up, the way good whiskey was meant to be.

If you're bound and determined to mix, get something a little less refined, say Jack Daniels.[/b]
LOL.....yeah i know...good sipping whiskey, but I am jsut too much a pantywaist to drink it straight up.

#331307 - 04/05/07 09:01 AM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tim, Scott, You guys still planning on doing this run? How do you feel about making this the official Xcursion since no one is going to MOAB this year?

I've had to cancel my plans to go to Moab, but I'm still taking a week off of work in the hopes that I'll be moving back into my house.

The 12th is going to be the only weekend in May that I'll be able to Off-Road. This weekend is out due to still not having my Rear-end replaced. The 20th I'm taking Terra on the Thomas the Train ride.

I'll make this suggestion at the Meeting tonight if you all don't mind.

#331308 - 04/05/07 09:21 AM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let's do it. Official May Xcursion is Florence Area/Box Canyon/Camping optional..?

We can vote tonite to make it official and what not.

#331309 - 04/05/07 09:38 AM Re: May 12th Box Canyon/Florence
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Let's do it. Official May Xcursion is Florence Area/Box Canyon/Camping optional..?

We can vote tonite to make it official and what not.
Cool, Thanks! I can't camp though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal