2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#331484 - 29/12/07 08:25 AM First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

The first club meeting for 2008 will be January 11th at 7:00pm at Midway Nissan. Thanks to Kerri Robinson, Service Manager for getting it squareda away. They are excited to have us, so let's show up. [ThumbsUp]

Figured the 11th will be plenty of time to plan ahead to make it a good showing and allow the Holidays to be completely over with.

Look forward to seeing ya'll there! Happy New Year!

#331485 - 29/12/07 02:51 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Kerry who?

A female service manager...what is this world coming to?

laugh

#331486 - 29/12/07 06:58 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will be there. Cant wait.
Waldo

#331487 - 29/12/07 10:25 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll be there. I assume we will be talking about the coming year's Xcursion/Meeting schedule. Hopefully, we can discuss the website, too.

#331488 - 30/12/07 12:25 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

shucks, I'm still in California when this happens. I'll should be there for the excursion

#331489 - 31/12/07 07:28 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
All the meetings are at least an hour from the house for me (in good traffic)... Including this one. The last couple meetings have been a bust in planning the comming month so I'm sitting this one out.

Any chance to get something a little closer to where a bunch of us live (east or south side)?

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#331490 - 02/01/08 04:46 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
All the meetings are at least an hour from the house for me (in good traffic)... Including this one. The last couple meetings have been a bust in planning the comming month so I'm sitting this one out.

Any chance to get something a little closer to where a bunch of us live (east or south side)?

-MadManX
Yeah, I hear ya. Understandable...however, most of the dealerships that are hospitable to us (actually all of them) are an hour from you. This includes: Pinnacle, Peoria, and Midway now. Find a dealership down there that is going to treat us well and I will hook it up.

#331491 - 02/01/08 06:11 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to see Kerry, fixed you up...

I'll update the site tonight if I have time. I've got my VW engine torn down and have to have it back together before we have rain! I just have to finish assembling the Carb (Found I had a couple Idle Jets swapped), building choke plates for it, might help it start on these cold days. smile Install carb, exhaust system, check electrical, clean fuel tank, replace wheel bearing seals in the rear, check the grease in the front bearings, try and ghetto balance my wheels, clean the inside, do some welding here and there, bleed the brakes, fix the windshield wipers........ Then I might be able to play, but I have to do some work on the Pickup before I do any towing with it. Needs a new clutch, flywheel resurfacing or replacement, inspect brakes, motor mounts...

Good news is I should have it done by the end of the year!

BTW - I'll try and make the meeting, should we eat before coming down or is Kerry pulling all the stops?

#331492 - 02/01/08 08:17 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Updated. Tim did you ever get some new profiles to add/change? When did you want to get some training? Now that seems a bit ironic since your a trainer. [LOL]

I thought I has some pics from the Xmas party, but I seemed to have lost them. So I just picked a pic from Randy. Thanks.

#331493 - 04/01/08 06:15 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Yeah, I hear ya. Understandable...however, most of the dealerships that are hospitable to us (actually all of them) are an hour from you. This includes: Pinnacle, Peoria, and Midway now. Find a dealership down there that is going to treat us well and I will hook it up.
I wouldn't suggest that to me... Cause Casa Grande is just as far ar Tempe is for me... That and what about Yasha? ... You keep giving him a 3 hour plus drive in for the meetings. It would only be fair to have one in Tucson. But I'm sure no one will go cause it's too far. That and I thought we had elected officals to represent our club to the dealers and everyone else (is there anyone else?). Seems like our club has no pull over the local dealers and vendors even though we drive around providing free advertisement for them. I know my car has stickers on it.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#331494 - 04/01/08 07:54 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Yeah, I hear ya. Understandable...however, most of the dealerships that are hospitable to us (actually all of them) are an hour from you. This includes: Pinnacle, Peoria, and Midway now. Find a dealership down there that is going to treat us well and I will hook it up.
I wouldn't suggest that to me... Cause Casa Grande is just as far ar Tempe is for me... That and what about Yasha? ... You keep giving him a 3 hour plus drive in for the meetings. It would only be fair to have one in Tucson. But I'm sure no one will go cause it's too far. That and I thought we had elected officals to represent our club to the dealers and everyone else (is there anyone else?). Seems like our club has no pull over the local dealers and vendors even though we drive around providing free advertisement for them. I know my car has stickers on it.

-MadManX[/b]
That's a little harsh, don'tchathink?

Fact is AZXC is a Non-Profit Organization and cannot Advertise Dealers, but we can recognize them for thier support of our club. Gaining that support is difficult with employee turn-around as well as Management changes. Hell I couldn't even get a return call from Power (East side).

AZXC has meetings based off of what the Members Vote for in quorum and majority rules. (Take a look at the By-Laws.) Fact is Most Members are located in Phoenix and they choose to meet in Phoenix. This doesn't mean that people are excluded in participating and as far as I'm concerned I always felt very Humble that someone would make the several hours trip just to be there and made sure to Thank them for that sacrifice, especially at over $2.80/Gal.

We in the last couple of years have made an attempt to schedule all the Meetings and Xcursions ahead of time so people can plan accordingly. I try to keep the Website up-to-date, but have always struggled with lack of information, etc. It was a bit easier when I was in control, but I still had a hard time finding the time to do everything that is expected of an Official.

Let me end this retort with saying that if you don't like a dealer, by all means, remove the Ad that they affix to every vehicle. That is the first thing I do to any of my rides. Don't think you're expected to make every meeting, the only ones that really have to make every meeting is the President and Treasurer/Secretary, even then someone can always step up to help out.

Tim, I guess you have another topic for the next meeting. BTW - You're doing a great job and Thank you for taking over for me. [ThumbsUp]

#331495 - 04/01/08 08:07 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do feel pretty bad about hardly making a single meeting in 2007 after being elected Secretary. Work has to come first tho for me, just got a nice raise - so my effort at work is paying off.

Unlikely I will make a meeting until March at the earliest - with Superbowl looming upon us, and all of the work that entails for my department to make sure everything is running smoothly before our commercials hit the air. Then my folks are in town for 3 weeks in Late Jan / Early Feb.

It's impossible to please everyone - the folks down in Maricopa etc. Most of the meetings were quite a long drive for me out in East Mesa, but nothing compared to the drive up from there.

You do need to attend 2 meetings to become an official member, but as a club I think we're pretty relaxed about non-members tagging along on runs / mod days etc.

#331496 - 04/01/08 08:13 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I do feel pretty bad about hardly making a single meeting in 2007 after being elected Secretary. Work has to come first tho for me, just got a nice raise - so my effort at work is paying off.

Unlikely I will make a meeting until March at the earliest - with Superbowl looming upon us, and all of the work that entails for my department to make sure everything is running smoothly before our commercials hit the air. Then my folks are in town for 3 weeks in Late Jan / Early Feb.
No-One is faulted for putting Responsibility first, whether Family or Work or other. The Club does not need Irresponsible people.

BTW - Are we going to get a sneek peek? eek

#331497 - 04/01/08 06:18 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Yeah, I hear ya. Understandable...however, most of the dealerships that are hospitable to us (actually all of them) are an hour from you. This includes: Pinnacle, Peoria, and Midway now. Find a dealership down there that is going to treat us well and I will hook it up.

-MadManX[/b]
Please explain how it would be fair to the majority of our members to request that they travel to Tuscon for a meeting, when they live in the Valey and we have 3 or 4 dealerships that treat us well here? That would be extra fair to our members in Glendale, Peoria, and Surprise.

We should all tell the dealers about our organization every time we go in for service. We should all try to build good relationships with the people who work on our trucks and honor warranties. If you don't like advertising for them without getting anything in return...take your stickers off. I have stickers on my truck cause I think it makes me cooler and gives me 8lbs. of boost; not because I feel like I am a rolling advertisement.

I made 2 phone calls each to Avondale Nissan, Power Nissan, and Earnhardt Nissan within the past 4 weeks...not one call back from them. That tells me either my message sucked ass or they are not interested/too busy/??? Even if my message sucked ass, it is good business to return phone calls. They do not practice good business in my experience.

No one should fault anyone for not coming to meetings regularly...we all have stuff that has to take the front seat soemtimes. Shit happens.

Midway is really excited to have us for the meeting and looks forward to building a lasting relationship with AZXC. Hope to see you all there. As always...if you need $10 for some gas, I am more than happy to help you out.

#331498 - 04/01/08 06:52 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great place did some covert (X) Lojack installs used my Xterra for a work truck. got alot of Atention and the [ThumbsUp] .This will be fun i cant wait .
Waldo/Onix laugh

#331499 - 04/01/08 07:20 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Updated. Tim did you ever get some new profiles to add/change?
Adam, I sent my profile to Tim. Not sure if Randy or Yasha sent theirs in yet.

#331500 - 05/01/08 08:02 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
Quote:
[b]Updated. Tim did you ever get some new profiles to add/change?
Adam, I sent my profile to Tim. Not sure if Randy or Yasha sent theirs in yet.[/b]
Tim hasn't had the training yet to make the changes to the Website. If you want to send your info to me, I'll get it up ASAP.

Forgot to add. Conundrumaz@gmail.com

#331501 - 05/01/08 06:31 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

#331502 - 05/01/08 08:31 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool see ya then Yasha.Waldo

#331503 - 06/01/08 12:02 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

If anything I thought I would have scared you out of doing this kind of thing, but I'm glad you're still into it and will drive more carefully than I did.

Thanks Yasha, don't forget to air down so you don't get stuck in the sand. [Wave]

#331504 - 07/01/08 05:34 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Updated. Tim did you ever get some new profiles to add/change?
Adam, I sent my profile to Tim. Not sure if Randy or Yasha sent theirs in yet.[/b]
Tim hasn't had the training yet to make the changes to the Website. If you want to send your info to me, I'll get it up ASAP.

Forgot to add. Conundrumaz@gmail.com[/b]
Ted you're up and running. [ThumbsUp]

#331505 - 07/01/08 08:18 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Ted you're up and running. [ThumbsUp]
Adam, I don't see my name in the Members section of the website. Does it take an overnight process to update?

#331506 - 07/01/08 08:33 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a visual on your id at 9:34 GMT.. Lookin' good [ThumbsUp]

#331507 - 07/01/08 08:49 PM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Ted you're up and running. [ThumbsUp]
Adam, I don't see my name in the Members section of the website. Does it take an overnight process to update?[/b]
You may have needed to refresh the page, but it's there I promise. smile

Yasha, check your email.
You're hooked up Yasha, let me know if I need to change anything. (other than the pic)

#331508 - 08/01/08 04:40 AM Re: First Meeting for 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Adam. [ThumbsUp] I've been super busy lately and cannot find the time to get over to your place for training.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal