2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#375102 - 12/08/01 08:36 PM Fishing
Thor Offline

Loc: Orlando, Fl
This is Mrs. Thor. I am the one in the family that likes to fish. I don't know anything about fly fishing but I guess Colorado is a good place to try. Does anyone going to GOX plan to do any fishing?

#375103 - 13/08/01 10:12 AM Re: Fishing
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
You'll have to forgive ej2k Mrs. Thor, he's a teenager and he's so pumped full of hormones that he can't walk upright...

Colorado is where I learned to fish, and there's nothing better than fresh lake trout! Definately plan to take your rod and reel, if none of the GOX clan plan to go, there are many guides and resorts there who will be glad to show you a GREAT time fishing!

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#375104 - 13/08/01 06:49 PM Re: Fishing
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
I'm in, I'd do a fishing day.

Here's a quote from the Ouray CO Visitor's Guide 2001

Quote:

Day trip #10- How about a day of fishing?

No matter what type of fishing you prefer, the lakes and streams in Ouray's surrounding mountains offers it all.

If you didn't bring your fishing equipment along, basic fly fishing gear can be rented at Cimarron Creek in Montrose or purchased at Dallas Country Store (Conoco service station) in Ridgway. A 1-day fishing license ($5.25) or a 5-day license ($18.25) can be pruchased at the Riverside Inn on Hwy 550 just north of Ouray.

For those that enjoy lake fishing, Ridgway Reservoir (15 minutes away) is stocked with Rainbow Trout and Kokanae Salmon. Brown Trout reproduce naturally in the lake and many near-state-record Browns have been caught from this particular Reservoir. Silver Jack Reservoir (45 minutes away), in the beautiful Cimarron Mountains is great for catching Rainbows and Browns.

A variety of mountain streams can also be reached without 4-wheel drive for great fly fishing. There are many small streams holding Brook Trout and Rainbows but the two most popular places to go are the Uncompahgre River, below the Ridgway Reservoir Dam (Pa-Co-Chu-Puk) and the "Forks" across from the Silver Jack Reservoir. The Uncompahgre River are catch-and-release waters and artificial bait must be used (flys or lures). At the "Forks", native Cutthroat can be caught.

The Ouray Chamber Resort Association produces a small fishing flier. Stop by the Visitor Center by the Hot Springs Pool and ask for one if you need mor detailed information.

Let's go, pick a day you want to take a break from 4-wheeling. I arrive Saturday and was thinking of going on Sunday morning waiting for everyone else to arrive, if the fishing is good I'd go another day too.

Mike

#375105 - 14/08/01 10:48 PM Re: Fishing
xsobright Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX, 00 Solar Yell...
My husband Hondo is bringing his rod and reels (yes, more than one) with him on the trip... just in case... cuz he LOVES to fish!! Maybe ya'll can hook up during the week. Our arrival and departure dates are not set yet but I've told him about this thread and he's ready to meet ya'll!! Thanks for the info too!!
SWXC-THC #16

#375106 - 14/08/01 11:29 PM Re: Fishing
xsobright Offline

Looking over our trail schedule with the SWXC, it looks like Thur will be a good day to fish!!?? How does it look for ya'll??
SWXC-THC #16

#375107 - 15/08/01 06:35 PM Re: Fishing
Thor Offline

Loc: Orlando, Fl
Wow, cool that some people want to fish. I've only done saltwater so trying something new may be fun. The schedule is up to hubby Thor but I'll probably have so much vertigo by Thurs. that he'll let me go. We're arriving sometime on Sun. and staying at the Alpenglow. Maybe we can figure a way to hook up early in the week to say hello. I'd say that we're in the yellow Xterra but I guess that won't help much! We'll be the only yellow one with Florida plates though. With all the beef and chili being talked about, we better catch some fish for a little variety!

Mrs. Thor

#375108 - 16/08/01 09:47 PM Re: Fishing
xsobright Offline

We're also in Solar Yellow... with Texas plates and stickers of surfer girls on the side windows. cool Hondo and I both have long bleached blonde hair. He loves to fish fresh or salt water but has never worked a fly rod. He's into lures. I don't care to fish but I'll swear by live bait.

Anyone out there with a boat??
SWXC-THC #16

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal