Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#375640 - 17/09/01 03:37 PM Re: Hey Ian
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:

Well, that didn't turn out too bad.
West X actually has a cool ring to it.

Now take the idea, and run with it.

every other name i came up with had "gathering" or something similar... so i went simple....

you sir picked one hell of a name, and one hell of a concept, kudos

BTW, you do know its a trade dont you?

I make GOX '02 you make WEST X '02 wink

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Todrick ]

#375641 - 17/09/01 04:28 PM Re: Hey Ian
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
WOW I really like the name WEST X.But I wonder why I like it so much HMMM.

Seems to me like I have heard it before.

It is oddly familiar for some reason.

#375642 - 17/09/01 04:34 PM Re: Hey Ian
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
WOW I really like the name WEST X.But I wonder why I like it so much HMMM.

Seems to me like I have heard it before.

It is oddly familiar for some reason.

thanks for the idea laugh

#375643 - 17/09/01 04:43 PM Re: Hey Ian
liv2x Offline

Loc: Sumner, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Schludwiller:

Might I suggest you turn to some of the events in the news to get a better understanding of the problem of assigning the statements of an individual to an entire group.

Reread your messages. You have never been on a club run. You are not on the mailing list, and from that I can extract you don't know any of the members personally. Yet you feel this qualifies you to make blanket statements of 50+ people.

Regardless I have not made any statement on behalf of PNWX regarding this topic. They are my own opinions.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by liv2x:

Well maybe I am wrong but it does seem to me that if I remember correctly, that you lead the Washington part of the PNWX club and if your attitude is of any indication of the club as a hole then maybe my statement isn't very far from the truth. Now if that is not the case, I apologize to the members of PNWX for my lack of knowledge. I can only judge you from what I have read.

As far as going on a trail run with you guys, last I checked you made it mandatory to become a member before PNWX would allow anyone to go on a PNWX trail run. I'm not going to join something on blind faith alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe you need to reread this last comment that I made. I think I did qualify my statement and apologized to the 50+ members.

Correct me if I am wrong, but was my statement about joining PNWX before being allowed to do a trail run with PNWX still valid. If so maybe thats why I have never been on a club run nor on a mailing list.
I made this statement because after buying my X I did look into seeing what the PNWX was all about through their website and ran across another person enquiring about going on a club run before joining and was told they had to join (I gather that meant pay) first before they could go.

I can't tell you if I know any of the club members personally or not.

From what I have read, some of the members that do post on here seem to be pretty cool,
but your attitude as being one of the leaders of the WA section doesn't really appeal to me, thats why I chose not to join PNWX. Nothing personal to the rest of the members.

#375644 - 17/09/01 05:19 PM Re: Hey Ian
Schludwiller Offline

Loc: Redmond,WA
Todrick, I would like to apologize for my earlier profane statments to you. I made them out of frustration from your apparent unwillingness to understand our side of the disagreement (Synchro's and my own).

I still stand by my argument, but could have made it without personal attacks.

Good luck in your event.

#375645 - 17/09/01 05:29 PM Re: Hey Ian
Schludwiller Offline

Liv2x. I don't really care what your opinion is. I get along quite fine with the members of our club and those that take the time to know me personally.

If you have questions regarding PNWX membership you should address them directly to Mosi, or read the instructions on the club site. I do not handle membership, but rather organize trips, scout trails, and help members work on their trucks. All in a friendly helpful manner that is a mainstay of our club.

If you find that your temperament causes you to be suspect of things you aren't familiar with or to make rash judgements of people then I would encourage you to find a more appropriate place to socialize.

#375646 - 17/09/01 06:49 PM Re: Hey Ian
Xlax Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
Schlud can we join you for the GOX supermarket run this weekend?

I have read and re-read the whole thread and have a comment.

I think GOX (the original one that is) should keep being THE GOX. I was really bummed out after meeting Mosi Rick and others at PWNX, seeing their excitement over attending and then seeing the pictures after knowing that time did not allow me to join.

GOX should be trademarked as the original event for our short lived SUV model. I for one will do my outmost to drive the 64days to make it down for next year.

GOX West...good idea but call it something else, I am sure the interst will remian the same if the event is well planned.....

my 2cents, now back to reading ...

Claus smile

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Xlax ]

#375647 - 17/09/01 07:01 PM Re: Hey Ian
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Todrick, I would like to apologize for my earlier profane statments to you. I made them out of frustration from your apparent unwillingness to understand our side of the disagreement (Synchro's and my own).

I still stand by my argument, but could have made it without personal attacks.

Good luck in your event.

thank you for that... a good debate was fine and i was very close to caving anyway...the attacks caught me off-gaurd and honestly made me less willing to give...

i hope you decide to attend at some point smile

#375648 - 17/09/01 07:03 PM Re: Hey Ian
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xlax:
Schlud can we join you for the GOX supermarket run this weekend?

I have read and re-read the whole thread and have a comment.

I think GOX (the original one that is) should keep being THE GOX. I was really bummed out after meeting Mosi Rick and others at PWNX, seeing their excitement over attending and then seeing the pictures after knowing that time did not allow me to join.

GOX should be trademarked as the original event for our short lived SUV model. I for one will do my outmost to drive the 64days to make it down for next year.

GOX West...good idea but call it something else, I am sure the interst will remian the same if the event is well planned.....

my 2cents, now back to reading ...

Claus smile

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Xlax ]

no offense but you should read it all before posting...

problem solved and i hope no one ever calls an event GOX...anything...

I definately see everyones point, but i didn't know why the anger was leveled at me... its all good

#375649 - 17/09/01 07:10 PM Re: Hey Ian
Xlax Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:

no offense but you should read it all before posting...

problem solved and i hope no one ever calls an event GOX...anything...

I definately see everyones point, but i didn't know why the anger was leveled at me... its all good

My comment was NOT leveled at you and from my post you can see I stated that I read AND re-read the thread. So if you think I was missing anything please fill me in. Good luck with the event I hope you get a good turn out and have a great time which it is all about

Claus

smile

#375650 - 17/09/01 08:28 PM Re: Hey Ian
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Synchro:
hey todrick and the planners of West X, if you would like the contact information for some of the Nissan folks that showed up at GOX, like the product planners, just email me. Many of them are just down the street from you guys or out in arizona. I know Pete, who is a product planner from the LA area, said he would be interested in going on some runs, even if not an event like this, just normal weekend runs. he can get an X anytime from the test vehicle pool. Or if you want, i can email him your contact information and see what's what. having those guys have as much contact with us and our ideas on the vehicle is a good thing. plus it is very cool to pick their brains as to why this or that was done on the truck instead of the idea you have in your head, i know it was for me. anyway, let me know.

BTW, that name is definitely better. it has a better ring to it too.

good luck on your event!!!!

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Synchro ]

thank you absolutely... just pass on my contact info to him...

Todrick@hotmail.com is the easiest way to reach me

#375651 - 17/09/01 08:30 PM Re: Hey Ian
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xlax:

My comment was NOT leveled at you and from my post you can see I stated that I read AND re-read the thread. So if you think I was missing anything please fill me in. Good luck with the event I hope you get a good turn out and have a great time which it is all about

Claus

smile

no no i was simply making a point that your post came about 2 hours too late...

by the time you pointed your opinion out, the decision had been made. smile

the comment i made about anger leveled at me was more about others reactions to the idea... but like i said, its all good now...

thanks for the good wishes

#375652 - 18/09/01 10:38 AM Re: Hey Ian
Shanna Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ
Todrick - Go to 4x4parts.com, in the Southwest Nissan Owners forum. I'm pretty sure Jim and Carl, from the Nissan proving grounds out here, post in there. I believe Jim is going camping at the Coke Ovens this weekend. I'll mention Calico to him then also.

Former Member: AZXC

#375653 - 18/09/01 10:48 AM Re: Hey Ian
Shanna Offline

Loc: Chandler, AZ
Schlud - I do believe that the way you express your opinions can probably tend to put a person off. Perhaps even to the point that he or she dowsn't want to spend the time to get to know you better.

For what it's worth...

Former Member: AZXC

#375654 - 18/09/01 02:55 PM Re: Hey Ian
Schludwiller Offline

Thanks for your observation. Keep in mind that this is entertainment for me 95% of the time. I'm quite content in how I'm perceived here and in real life. laugh

#375655 - 18/09/01 03:51 PM Re: Hey Ian
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Thanks for your observation. Keep in mind that this is entertainment for me 95% of the time. I'm quite content in how I'm perceived here and in real life. laugh

that is a good point...

When ever I meet people in person and get to know each other, i always get the comment..."oh your not at all how i pictured you"

seems people think im satan laugh

those that have some time with me know how i am(for the most part) and XOC is not really an adequate reflection... I am a smart-ass, no doubt, but i am always entetained by the differance in what people percieve and what the reality is

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: Todrick ]

#375656 - 18/09/01 04:22 PM Re: Hey Ian
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Ive noticed that with the notable exception of synchro many tend to be much "smaller" than they sound.

For example todrick is about a buck and a quarter of white rocker.

#375657 - 18/09/01 05:34 PM Re: Hey Ian
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:

seems people think im satan laugh

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: Todrick ]

That would explain the fact that I've never seen you and satan in the same room together laugh

Along the lines of Nissan, maybe we should just get with John about it since he is a member and should be at the meeting on Friday. He could probably generate some interest in the Calico thing from Nissan's point of view.

AZXC members, don't let me forget to mention it, you know how I am with losing papers :p

#375658 - 18/09/01 09:07 PM Re: Hey Ian
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
Ive noticed that with the notable exception of synchro many tend to be much "smaller" than they sound.

For example todrick is about a buck and a quarter of white rocker.

hey i'm 145 thank you very much laugh

honestly though, for those that know them... I thought Imacsae would look like Craigs_tonka and Vice versa...

#375659 - 18/09/01 10:21 PM Re: Hey Ian
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
I thought Imacsae would look like Craigs_Tonka and Vice versa...
What's that supposed to mean? I think I'm offended,,,, just kidding Ivan. I know I "sound" much bigger on the telephone if that's what you're referring to.

eek

#375660 - 19/09/01 05:27 AM Re: Hey Ian
Jackel Offline

Loc: Glendale, AZ, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:

That would explain the fact that I've never seen you and satan in the same room together laugh

Along the lines of Nissan, maybe we should just get with John about it since he is a member and should be at the meeting on Friday. He could probably generate some interest in the Calico thing from Nissan's point of view.

AZXC members, don't let me forget to mention it, you know how I am with losing papers :p

I'll say something to remind you about it, but as long as you don't flame me for getting off the agenda.
:p

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal