2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#381447 - 27/03/05 10:43 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by number41:
Fuck.
Ditto. mad

#381448 - 27/03/05 11:15 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
frown

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#381449 - 27/03/05 05:07 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hell, at least the Spartans won. It doesn't completely remove the sting from the debacle last night - hell, it doesn't even come close. That was probably the biggest choke job I've ever seen in any sport. Oh well, fuck it. [Finger]

I'm out of the business of fearless predictions, but I hope that Illinois and Michigan State make it an all Big-10 final.

#381450 - 27/03/05 05:32 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Next? That would be Lexington.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
[b]NEXT!

[/b]
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#381451 - 27/03/05 05:52 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Damn Kentucky. Not that I care about them, but they just cost me some big money. Unless Illinois and UNC lose in the first round of the Final 4, I'm screwed. mad

And Moby... very weak after the fact. [Uh Oh !]

#381452 - 27/03/05 05:58 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:

And Moby... very weak after the fact. [Uh Oh !]
Hey, I'm not stupid. I wouldn't put that *before* the game. laugh

That being said, my picks were completely shot to hell...but I do have Illinois winning it all...at least I've got *that* one still as a possibility.

To add - one helluva weekend. Don't remember the last time I saw that much tight basketball.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#381453 - 27/03/05 06:15 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
frown smile

Proud of the UK Cats... Good game to Michigan State... I'm just glad we settled the game on the court and not at the end of regulation due to a ref's call... :rolleyes:

I guess all of my support can now go to Louisville... smile

(sorry Tonka... but hey, at least I can say I'm now a member of the Houston chapter of the UK Alumni Association after going to Austin on Friday...)

#381454 - 28/03/05 05:42 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am a huge fan of instant replay in football because of the style of game, but in basketball it shouldn't be allowed. Being a life long basketball player and fan, you learn to live with the ref's and their blown calls. There was an offical like 10 feet away staring at his feet and he gave him the 3 and that is where it should have stopped. Glad it got settled on the court as well.

Anyway, I don't want to take away from one of the best weekends of basketball I have watched. Illinois and UNC in the final!!!!!! laugh

#381455 - 28/03/05 06:48 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't like instant replay, but... In certain situations, it's necessary. Think about it. What would have happened if the ref had called that a 2 pointer? W/o instant replay, they would not have been able to correct it to a 3, and all hell would have broken loose, especially after it got replayed on TV over and over and over...

I hate UK as much as most people hate DUKE, but even I have to admit that it was a 3, and the refs made a good call. Happy Feet Sparks finally DIDN'T travel, when spotting up to shoot. It was an amazing shot. But thank God that it didn't matter in the end [Finger]

#381456 - 28/03/05 07:42 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't believe this travesty. The worst call I've ever seen by an offical. Tom O'Neal is a disgrace. To make that type of call with 9 seconds it has to be conclusive. That call was not conclusive. There was no walk at the end of the Villanova vs. UNC game. It should of been a 3 point play for Villanova. UNC was on the ropes. Rafferty is weak as well. He said, "that's the right call, right Vern?" He was counting a phantom step. There was NO WALK! I'm tired of this ACC bias.

#381457 - 28/03/05 07:58 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
I can't understand why I haven't seen this guy in more commercials this weekend. That really disappointed me. :rolleyes:

Spanky

#381458 - 28/03/05 09:37 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I can't believe this travesty. The worst call I've ever seen by an offical. Tom O'Neal is a disgrace. To make that type of call with 9 seconds it has to be conclusive. That call was not conclusive. There was no walk at the end of the Villanova vs. UNC game. It should of been a 3 point play for Villanova. UNC was on the ropes. Rafferty is weak as well. He said, "that's the right call, right Vern?" He was counting a phantom step. There was NO WALK! I'm tired of this ACC bias.
Well I am glad to see our resident expert on sports has weighed in on this weekends great collection games......and once again his tunnel vision prevents him from seeing the obvious.........A) it was a walk.........B) Villinova didn't deserve to win anyway........C) No team from Phili can win a title anymore anyway [LOL]

#381459 - 28/03/05 09:43 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Finger] hoppy [Finger]

#381460 - 28/03/05 09:45 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

dude, all jokes aside (which is what that last post was [LOL] ), UNC out played them all game and May was a machine.......

............and it was a walk...... [LOL]

GO UNC GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#381461 - 28/03/05 10:01 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

What game were you watching Friday night Hoppy? UNC had to catch up with those ticky tack fouls that UNC recieved. UNC didn't look good this weekend at all. The refs had their heads up their asses. It was not a walk. Allen Ray took 2 steps, shot the ball and got whacked. Gumble's post game crew got the call correct when the reviewed it on the show after the game. The refs took away Villanova's chance to win. May is a machine when Kyle Lowry is sticking him. May didn't do as well with Jason Frazier on him. Villanova was robbed.

#381462 - 28/03/05 10:06 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
mineralblue Offline

Down with UNC and Illinois... Go MSU and Louisville!

BTW, some of y'all might like this...

#381463 - 28/03/05 10:17 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Once again, it is so easy to get you wound up dude, relax [Laughing]

I will agree that the officiating in all the games this weekend seemed a little poor, but I wouldn't blame Villinova loosing on the ref's........if they would have played strong down the stretch they would not have lost the lead they had......but they choked when UNC got hot and turned up the pressure......Foye put on quite a show but UNC got the job done, VIL didn't [Crybaby]

Jason Frasier had 3 pts and 6 boards, May had 14 and 10.....yeah he shut him down.......VIL got out rebounded by 11, only had 7 AST on 31 FGM.....and they still didn't convert when it counted after UNC turned to ball over 17 times to there 9......

Anyway, the games were great ALL weekend and I am in position to win the XOC March Madness Bracket pool with 3 of 4 in the final four correct......ILL over UNC in the final!!!!!

#381464 - 04/04/05 10:17 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
mineralblue Offline

Oy... UNC took it home... oh well... good for Roy.

#381465 - 05/04/05 07:24 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm still realing from the ass beating we took on Sat. I didn't even watch the final; losing is depressing. Getting your ass handed to you in a huge way is even worse. Oh well. Football practice has started already.

Go CARDS!

#381466 - 05/04/05 08:06 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Oh well. Football practice has started already.

Go CARDS!
Brohm is looking good in the highlights I've seen from the scrimmage yesterday.

It'll be interesting to see how he does this year.

#381467 - 05/04/05 11:26 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
mineralblue Offline

it seems the Big East is ripe for the taking by the Cards...

#381468 - 05/04/05 11:38 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
it seems the Big East is ripe for the taking by the Cards...
Maybe. But it seems we made our first, new, in-conference rivalry w/ West Virginia. Bad enough we're getting all the press from "their" football conference, but we beat 'em in the NCAA Tournament, too... I can see things getting heated between us and them for the next few years.

(yeah, I know, Cincy is still going to be in our conference... But did you see the FB game last season w/ them? We could've spotted them 50 points, and still won easily...)

#381469 - 05/04/05 03:41 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Well, at least I didn't come in last in the pool, though I was pretty close. Nice job, Hoppy.

#381470 - 06/04/05 01:26 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

great pool folks ... glad for Roy to get his title ... guess I have a title to defend next year laugh

#381471 - 06/04/05 02:57 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

i won my office pool.

pot was $520, so my cuts is $260. smile

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal