2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#383791 - 16/02/06 07:27 AM Wanted....new coach
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
I know most of you don't give a rat's ass...but looks like Indiana's basketball coaching job is up for grabs.

Who's gonna get it...

I see Alford and Wittman's names being tossed around.

Personally, I'd like to see one former assistant get it. I can't for the life of me remember his name, but after being an assistant for who knows how long, he went to Miami of Ohio for the head coaching job (around 95 or 96, I think) and left there after just a couple years to get a better job.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#383792 - 16/02/06 07:37 AM Re: Wanted....new coach
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
He's not out... yet. Poor guy, it's hard to follow a legend. Thankfully, Tech did the right thing by offering the job to Pat Knight whenever Bobby Knight retires.

#383793 - 16/02/06 08:01 AM Re: Wanted....new coach
Mobycat Offline

Ah...finally remembered his name.

Joby Wright.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#383794 - 16/02/06 08:02 AM Re: Wanted....new coach
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
He's not out... yet. Poor guy, it's hard to follow a legend. Thankfully, Tech did the right thing by offering the job to Pat Knight whenever Bobby Knight retires.
I don't think Pat would touch Indiana (if that's what you meant). Too much bad blood, even if the administration is completely different.

#383795 - 16/02/06 08:06 AM Re: Wanted....new coach
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
No, what I meant is that it's hard to follow a legend. Since Tech now has the legend as their coach, it would be hard for the next coach to come in and follow in his footsteps when he retires. Since they offered the job to Pat Knight, I think that is the best way to have someone follow a legend... be related to them. Otherwise, we'd be stuck in the same boat that IU has been in since they got rid of Knight once he retires from Tech.

#383796 - 16/02/06 08:31 AM Re: Wanted....new coach
Mobycat Offline

Ah, yes. Too true.

Kravitz said in his column that Davis will be known as the bridge between the Knight era and the next.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal