shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391375 - 18/04/06 08:48 AM skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

i need to get some good skid plates on my x but am a little concerned that oil changes may become a seriously annoying issue. What companies making skids for the new xterra have allocated access to the oil filter and drain plug without removal of any plating?

#391376 - 18/04/06 11:28 AM Re: skid plate questions
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
All of them. The front skid doesn't have direct access to the oil filter, but there's plenty of room to reach it from the side. The only drain plug I know of that is obscured is the t-case one, at least with the Skid Row skids, but how often does anyone get in there?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#391377 - 18/04/06 12:48 PM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't find any info on the skid row skid plates on their site; it only has links to the pre 05 xterra. Where could I find ordering info for thier skids or would it be more advisable to wait for the shrockworks skids?
I dont rock crawl much but I do alot of wheeling here in arizona and colorado

#391378 - 18/04/06 01:07 PM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is only one company that has skid plates that are ready to ship (minus the tank skid) and that is Black Panther.

Shrockworks is working on theirs and should be shipping in a month or two. They are taking pre orders now. They will have a full set of skids, including the gas tank.

Find Kokopop (sp?) and ask him how changing the oil with his Black Panther skids are. As far as I know he is the only one that has them installed.

I know with my Shrock front bumper (which comes with a front skidplate) getting to the filter is easier than stock, but makes a bit more of a mess if you don't prepare for the oil coming out from the filter (I used a cool whip container to catch it and all was good).

#391379 - 18/04/06 05:48 PM Re: skid plate questions
Xterradon Offline

Loc: Franklin Park, NJ
Is it that difficult to remove the relevant skid plate?

#391380 - 19/04/06 07:05 AM Re: skid plate questions
OffroadX Offline

It can be once you've ground the heads of the bolts down on rocks... smile

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#391381 - 19/04/06 07:45 AM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
It can be once you've ground the heads of the bolts down on rocks... smile
Yeah, that is the truth. I am going to get me some of them rock washers and try and prevent that. The three back bolts for my front skid were no longer hex shaped.

#391382 - 19/04/06 01:29 PM Re: skid plate questions
OffroadX Offline

Ah, as rarely as the skids need to be removed, I just buzz what's left of the heads off with a grinder and replace the bolts when they go back on.

#391383 - 19/04/06 06:33 PM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

anyone got a link to the rock washers?

#391384 - 20/04/06 04:24 AM Re: skid plate questions
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#391385 - 20/04/06 07:26 AM Re: skid plate questions
OffroadX Offline

That, or the place that made 'em first and BP took the idea and ran with it after I mentioned it wink
http://fourtreks.com/rock_slidder_washer.html

#391386 - 20/04/06 09:07 AM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll be going with Black Panther if I get around to purchasing armor. The only thing I want armored right now after already scraping the damn thing and making it leak is the rear diff.

#391387 - 20/04/06 11:28 AM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
There is only one company that has skid plates that are ready to ship (minus the tank skid) and that is Black Panther.

Find Kokopop (sp?) and ask him how changing the oil with his Black Panther skids are. As far as I know he is the only one that has them installed.
BP has the gas skid at the laser cutter right now. So it won't be long. Not sure of the price and I have not seen any picts.

Haven't changed my oil yet, but it should be a piece of cake!

The skids have proved their worth already. I am a mess on the trail so it saves my a$$.

#391388 - 20/04/06 11:29 AM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I'll be going with Black Panther if I get around to purchasing armor. The only thing I want armored right now after already scraping the damn thing and making it leak is the rear diff.
That is next on Marcel's list.

#391389 - 20/04/06 11:37 AM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
That, or the place that made 'em first and BP took the idea and ran with it after I mentioned it wink
http://fourtreks.com/rock_slidder_washer.html
Well worth it. The bolts on my shrock bumper skid are already screwed up. I have some rock washers that I need to add to them.

Another issue with my BP skids and shrock bumper is there is a small gap between the BP front diff skid and bumper skid. I need to purchase some 3/16" steel and fab up a small cover. Already hung myself up on it last weekend.

#391390 - 19/01/07 05:35 AM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Black Panther still in business? I can't seem to get to their web-site...

#391391 - 30/01/07 08:17 PM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
Black Panther still in business? I can't seem to get to their web-site...
Still dead.

I ordered the ShrockWorks package bow to stern. Now I've got an eight week wait for them. eek

#391392 - 31/01/07 12:27 PM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering about BP cause Shrock doesn't make a Diff skid

#391393 - 31/01/07 01:28 PM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
I was wondering about BP cause Shrock doesn't make a Diff skid
A/C makes a diff skid. Ordered a rear Shrock bumper, 6 weeks for me. He did say he is adding more people though to catch up.

#391394 - 31/01/07 01:35 PM Re: skid plate questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

AC's skid prices are rediculous!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal