2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#392617 - 21/11/03 04:21 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Raingler Offline

Loc: 8k vertical feet from the beac...
Dave, that band in your link kicks ass saw them in TX last Aug.
Bigger net.... hmnnn, bigger is better I hear.... laugh

#392618 - 02/12/03 06:45 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am concerned with damage that could result from items stored in the net making contact with the headliner. what has been engineered to prevent such damage?

#392619 - 02/12/03 11:33 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie@Raingler.Net:
another color? I guess I don't have to stay with the 10 year material (black, red, blue) for these as they shouldn't be in the weather/sun. What would you be thinking of? tan, grey etc?
Red will work for me or even yellow.

#392620 - 03/12/03 06:22 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoXfan:
I am concerned with damage that could result from items stored in the net making contact with the headliner. what has been engineered to prevent such damage?
Good point. I could definately use something like this, but it's a little pricey for my tastes...

smile

#392621 - 03/12/03 07:25 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Raingler Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoXfan:
This is a full wrap pocket, top as well. It is up to owner as to not stow something that would be sharp enough to cut through this mesh (even though it is very high quality and tough) and damage the headlner. This design does not push against the roof, rather is centered even with the X's anchor points. (2-3"s)

#392622 - 03/12/03 07:30 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Raingler Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
Quote:
[b]another color? I guess I don't have to stay with the 10 year material (black, red, blue) for these as they shouldn't be in the weather/sun. What would you be thinking of? tan, grey etc?
Red will work for me or even yellow.[/b]
Red trim and black mesh I have. (it may look something like this:)

If you mean FULL red (incl. mesh) I would need about 5 folks to agree on an alternate color to be able to offer; anyone else for red?

I am working on a cheaper version now without the military buckles and stainless steel rings, hope to have that complete soon for feedback as well.

#392623 - 03/12/03 01:17 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I may be interested in one with red trim and black mesh if you make it available! laugh

I still might see if I can modify my mini net first though before I buy a new one. Not that I don't want to buy it; I just don't have a job so I'm trying very hard not to buy anything for the X. Ask me if it's easy! :rolleyes:

#392624 - 03/12/03 08:20 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
gmaxis Offline

How about incorporating a pocket net into an interior X-net?

#392625 - 04/12/03 07:44 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Raingler Offline

Quote:
How about incorporating a pocket net into an interior X-net?
Can you elaborate just a bit more on this? Do you mean a larger pocket net?

#392626 - 04/12/03 09:43 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
N8sX Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah
Heres an idea..Lets just get these built before Christmas. I for one would like to add this to my wish list,as I am sure others will too. You are missing your boat to cash in on the Christmas holidays. Asking for opinions is one thing, but letting [Rainbow] people decide on other aspects such as color is wasting time. Sure you will appeal to the three [Rainbow] people, but I am sure the majority will say that what they want is bigger, cheaper net. At least that is what I got from the first 10 posts of this thread. I personally want one like the original protoype only slightly larger, and less then 40.00. Am I asking too much? laugh

#392627 - 04/12/03 02:14 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Raingler Offline

yep, got it happening as we speak. Will let all know the moment they are ready. Lol, I can get [Rainbow] webbing if you want, no problem, I think it may even be on clearance!

#392628 - 04/12/03 10:59 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
gmaxis Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]How about incorporating a pocket net into an interior X-net?
Can you elaborate just a bit more on this? Do you mean a larger pocket net?[/b]
I was thinking of having the pocket either centered on the net or occupying half of the X-net. That way, you get the best of both worlds. I wouldn't mind paying more than 50 clams for this, even if it wasn't a [Rainbow] color. (Okay, maybe purple wink )
Thanks for listening.

#392629 - 05/12/03 12:35 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
Quote:
Dave, that band in your link kicks ass saw them in TX last Aug.
Bigger net.... hmnnn, bigger is better I hear.... laugh
Thanks. I just found out from Heather who you are. Small freakin world.

#392630 - 09/12/03 09:18 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Raingler Offline

Need feedback on newer version (lower compared to original style; upper in picture) please.
Changes include;
(1) Smaller buckles which allow the pocket to become quite a bit larger.
(2) Inner liner to protect the headliner (punture resistant, simliar to our roof rack grip material)
(3) Price would be 39.95 for XOC members for a short while if this is the final version.

Is this what you'd like to see? I do still have a few of the original style with steel rings available as well.

#392631 - 09/12/03 09:46 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Need bigger pictures to compare for those of us with the mini x-net. Any chance of trade in value for our mini nets?

#392632 - 09/12/03 09:46 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
N8sX Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah
DING, DING, DING,!!! We have a winner, just tell me where to go, (a link to pay that is), and I am there.

#392633 - 09/12/03 09:56 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
How about dimensions or Cubic cargo capacity, something to give us an idea of what we can fit in there. Is the top one the same dimensions as the mini x-net?

#392634 - 09/12/03 11:19 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Raingler Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
How about dimensions or Cubic cargo capacity, something to give us an idea of what we can fit in there. Is the top one the same dimensions as the mini x-net?
The larger pocket fits right up to the attachment points already on the roof of the X allowing about an inch for the new buckle. The smaller pocket is the same dimension as the original Mini X-Net for comparison. I will give 85% trade in for any Mini X-NETS (or pockets)purchased after the start of this thread, less shipping. I may have a harder time selling them now it seems wink
I will need to a bit of testing before they are ready for sale, but it certainly is not of the strength that the military steel buckles offer. What is the MAX weight that this new net should carry? These buckles are rated for 150# break strength each and on 3/4" wide strap that is 200#break weight. The smaller steel ring version would cave in the roof or rip out the factory mounts before it hit failure rating. I'll test it this week and see what it takes to break it and keep all posted.

#392635 - 09/12/03 11:44 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Looks like I finally found my last X-Mas present!! Great Job, I look forward to ordering one!!!!

#392636 - 09/12/03 03:36 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
gmaxis Offline

Definitely would buy the larger one. Looks like my tow strap would fit inside it. And then some.

#392637 - 09/12/03 04:09 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Raingler Offline

Ok, here's the scoop; We are going to make a short run of this Medium Size Pocket http://www.raingler.com/shop/productDetails.asp?productID=179 before we close for the holiday. This fits really well and I made the decision to finalize it for a short run and we will explore any options (if needed) after the new year. I will start shipping this first run in about a week, so if you want one before Xmas, please go for it asap. If anything I can answer, I will keep a close eye on this thread for the remainder of the week. Here it is (more pics in above link):

[img]

#392638 - 09/12/03 05:47 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
That is a cool upgraded design for the Mini-X Net...just what I had in mind...Eddie, I have the original Mini-X Net, and upon reading your previous e-mail...you would take a "Trade-in" for those of us with the original Mini-X Net for the upgraded one...if that is so, how would one go about doing this trade-in ? and how much would the upgraded net be with the trade-in ? Thanks
Rick

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#392639 - 09/12/03 07:38 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Raingler Offline

Here is the returns/exchange link:
http://www.raingler.com/nets/warranty_returns.asp

Sorry; I can't remember what I wrote in "previous email" can you send it directly to me? Sorry, I usually get about 100 "legitimate" emails a day lately. Hard to keep them in track. cool

#392640 - 09/12/03 08:19 PM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
gmaxis Offline

I'll let you explore more options and changes on the X-net and when the red trim is available (hopefully), I'll make my purchase.

Keep up the good work, Eddie! [ThumbsUp]

#392641 - 10/12/03 07:37 AM Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
I ordered mine last night, I look forward to getting it, it will solve some of my storage needs!

Eddie,

How strong is the velcro on the pouch? The reason I didn't buy the mini-xnet is that I was afraid of stuff flying around in an accident. My daughter is always in the back seat, so I wanted to be sure nothing will be falling on her.

Thanks!

Eric

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal