Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#393671 - 25/06/02 02:27 PM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
CheetaraX Offline

Loc: Ft. Collins
Quote:
Originally posted by colorado_buff:
Do you know this for sure? I'd be very interested in one without the tire carrier as well.
Buff, not trying to come down on you but wouldn't it be easier to modify the rear bumper to allow for the use of receiver to be mounted behind the license plate then to get a whole new bumper. You will still be limited in your departure angle unless you get rid of the plastic bumperettes. It should not be to expensive to get the frame stiffeners from SR and have a 2" bar welded up like the uhaul hitch's (90 for the stiffners maybe 100 for the rest). Just have everything mount horizontally instead of dropping down to clear under the bumper. You could then add either a hinge, quick disconnects, or fab up a mount that attaches to the receiver like those truck nuts for the license plate while still using the stock lighting. Anyways just some ideas that I had on how to make a no profile rear hitch for extraction and light towing. It is all just about what options you want on the bumper.

Many more ideas were that came from if you are interested. [Freak] [Wave]

ALAN

#393672 - 25/06/02 02:42 PM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by CheetaraX:
It is all just about what options you want on the bumper.
Let's start with a big-assed chunk of steel for people to hit, rather than the tin can that's in there stock. Add one receiver, integrated. Slots for backup lights would be groovy (and I may do this to whatever bumper I get, anyway). A surface to stand on (integrated step would be a bonus).

Screw the rear tire carrier - I just want big steel.

Rear departure angle is irrelevant for the most part, since the side plastic pieces are just as low as the stock bumper... But without the add-on receiver, you got a few more inches to work with.

THAT is my ideal version of a rear bumper... laugh

Todd, you make that sucker, I'll buy it.

#393673 - 25/06/02 05:01 PM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
SEXterra Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Quote:
Originally posted by BoarderPhreak:

Todd, you make that sucker, I'll buy it.
Oh yeah... AND HURRY UP ALREADY! wink :p

#393674 - 25/06/02 05:28 PM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
BF rear bumpers without carriers "might" be available, the problem is demand for them is far less than a complete bumper system.
I would think that if you are making them by hand then it would be easy. (I am assuming that you are making them by hand rather than having everything built in large batches - like ARB/Calmini/TJM)

#393675 - 25/06/02 07:48 PM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Quote:
[b]BF rear bumpers without carriers "might" be available, the problem is demand for them is far less than a complete bumper system.
I would think that if you are making them by hand then it would be easy. (I am assuming that you are making them by hand rather than having everything built in large batches - like ARB/Calmini/TJM)[/b]
Your assumptions are wrong, the first batch is 20+ bumpers.
EOE...Opening Soon!

#393676 - 26/06/02 01:40 AM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by BoarderPhreak:
Quote:
[b]It is all just about what options you want on the bumper.
Let's start with a big-assed chunk of steel for people to hit, rather than the tin can that's in there stock. Add one receiver, integrated. Slots for backup lights would be groovy (and I may do this to whatever bumper I get, anyway). A surface to stand on (integrated step would be a bonus).

Screw the rear tire carrier - I just want big steel.

Rear departure angle is irrelevant for the most part, since the side plastic pieces are just as low as the stock bumper... But without the add-on receiver, you got a few more inches to work with.

THAT is my ideal version of a rear bumper... laugh

Todd, you make that sucker, I'll buy it.[/b]
Amen!! You make that, and I'll buy one too..

#393677 - 26/06/02 08:33 AM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Your assumptions are wrong, the first batch is 20+ bumpers.
You are making 20+ bumpers and you do not even have a price per unit set? How are you going to sell them if people don't know how much they are?

Or is one of those "if you have to ask you can't afford it" J/k [Laughing]

#393678 - 26/06/02 10:22 AM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Hey Carlton: i see you are reading this board every day , so how hard is it to answer a simple question in this thread

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=61;t=000017

or maybe you did not see that one , then how about this thread

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004300

#393679 - 26/06/02 04:37 PM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Olegkha:
Hey Carlton: i see you are reading this board every day , so how hard is it to answer a simple question in this thread

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=61;t=000017

or maybe you did not see that one , then how about this thread

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004300
I sent you an e-mail over a week ago telling you that the gasoline fairy was not going to allow me to go. (actually it was the bank account fairy talking to the gasoline fairy)

#393680 - 27/06/02 05:01 AM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Quote:
[b]Your assumptions are wrong, the first batch is 20+ bumpers.
You are making 20+ bumpers and you do not even have a price per unit set? How are you going to sell them if people don't know how much they are?

Or is one of those "if you have to ask you can't afford it" J/k [Laughing] [/b]
I'm actually wondering what your are doing posting in this thread, you already bought a Calmini rear bumper and unless you are not happy with it why are you here? Trying to stir up trouble? :rolleyes:

Final pricing has not been set, this is not something you just pick out of the blue Carlton...you have to analyze your costs, source vendors for the different components, etc. There has been enough interest shown that there will be no problem selling the bumper to customers, of course if it was priced out of site this would not happen so it won't be...please be patient, the bumper system is worth it.
[Wave]
EOE...Opening Soon!

#393681 - 27/06/02 05:29 AM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
I'm actually wondering what your are doing posting in this thread, you already bought a Calmini rear bumper and unless you are not happy with it why are you here? Trying to stir up trouble? :rolleyes:
I am very happy with my Calmini rear bumper but like just about everyone in here (you included) I am interested in what aftermarket companies are doing.
Besides I have seen you post on all sorts of topics on products that you would never buy. Why are you getting freaked out about being asking a few questions?Trying to stir trouble? How can I do that? The products speak for themselves.

Quote:
Final pricing has not been set, this is not something you just pick out of the blue Carlton...you have to analyze your costs, source vendors for the different components, etc. There has been enough interest shown that there will be no problem selling the bumper to customers, of course if it was priced out of site this would not happen so it won't be...please be patient, the bumper system is worth it.
[Wave]
I would guess that if you have already built one then you would know all these things.. On another note.. I hope you don't get all stingy like Automotive Customizer did when people started asking questions about their products..

#393682 - 27/06/02 09:17 AM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
So umm... How hard would it be NOT to drill a few extra holes and mount a tire carrier?

#393683 - 01/07/02 11:37 AM Re: EOE/Skid-Row Rear Bumper...
colorado_buff Offline

Loc: A mile high.....
Quote:
Buff, not trying to come down on you but wouldn't it be easier to modify the rear bumper to allow for the use of receiver to be mounted behind the license plate then to get a whole new bumper.
My situation is that I was rear-ended and have a damaged rear bumper and hitch. I am interested in getting a heavier duty bumper with integrated hitch if one is available. Otherwise, I have to replace my damage with stock parts before doing any further modifications. Just expresing interest. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal