Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394848 - 10/10/02 08:27 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Spencer..

How do you conpensate for the binding of the CV's at full articulation? I know that this has been a problem for the current less articulated lifts.

#394849 - 10/10/02 12:12 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
Spencer Low Racing Offline

Loc: Parker
RedX:

Glad you are happy with your steering setup. Please send an email of what color decals you would like to info@spencerlowracing.com.

Strom:

Thanks for the feedback. I still have a hard time designing a kit that will involve cutting off OEM pivot points.

Sounds a little scary on a $25K-$30K SUV that’s an everyday driver, eh?

robloy11:

Fair enough. I guess I didn’t stress high-end Chevy/Ford/Dodge. Most of the IFS kits listed below are mostly “Hollywood Cruisin” Lift kits.

Please find another high-end 12” of IFS wheel travel 4WD system, steering system, race/rock crawling orientated shocks, lower control arm, upper control arm, etc.

Camburg / HNM are the only 2 offhand $6K plus 2WD system. Nice system, but only available for 2WD.

With the SLR Stage 5 you are receiving 3 years of development of the 99-03 platform. The SLR Stage 5 is like no other kit on the market, so I apologize for comparing it to Chevy, Ford, etc. Now find 12” of IFS wheel travel with 0 bump steer and post results here.

Carlton:

"How do you conpensate for the binding of the CV's at full articulation? I know that this has been a problem for the current less articulated lifts."

Reading Comprehension 101

Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Low Racing:

• 4WD system

We are machining the 4WD system, and testing is complete with flawless results
Quote:
In regard of the 4WD system, I will post photos around SEMA show. We should be production ready at that time. And I am sure I will have more engineers crawling all over our 4WD system at SEMA (do not need photos floating around the net).
In layman's terms, Stage 5 4WD has a new 4WD system.

The Nissan community and xocers: I am simply showing photos of Stage 5 and the Off Road Expo. We are in production on Stage 5 2WD & 4WD.

Pricing will be set when parts are shipping. There will also be many different options with SLR Stage 5.

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them online. Otherwise, please contact SLR at 928-667-4757. I have a few busy weeks ahead getting ready for the SEMA Show and manufacturing many new production parts that will be available in the upcoming months.

Thanks for the interest.

>>>SLR

#394850 - 10/10/02 01:24 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
Carlton McMillan Offline

Spencer..

Read my question again..

"How do you compensate for the binding of the CV's at full articulation? I know that this has been a problem for the current less articulated lifts."

I realize that there is a "new 4wd system" but that does not answer how it is that you are getting around the binding issue.

If it is a matter of you not wanting to let the world know how you are doing it then just say so. No need to be a prick about it and telling me that I need a reading comprehension class.

#394851 - 10/10/02 02:55 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
No need to be a prick about it and telling me that I need a reading comprehension class.
Lighten up Carlton, why are intent on making this post something for the ALR?

Back to the subject...
This kit looks incredible. Will a demo truck be present during WEST X? I'd like to see this stuff up close and personal.

#394852 - 10/10/02 03:00 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:

No need to be a prick about it and telling me that I need a reading comprehension class.
You , being the only one that is constantly being antagonistic , are consistantly the one being the "prick". You have no intention of purchasing his products and your posts only serve as a feeble attempt to call him out into some sort of pissing match.

Give it a rest.

#394853 - 10/10/02 03:44 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift

Carlton:

Again:

Quote:
In regard of the 4WD system, I will post photos around SEMA show. We should be production ready at that time. And I am sure I will have more engineers crawling all over our 4WD system at SEMA (do not need photos floating around the net).
Snoopy:

Stage 5 4WD will be debuting at this year’s SEMA Show. I have some deadlines that are approaching and need to get cracking.

I will try everything in my power to make it to WestX with a Stage 4 or 5 equipped vehicle. A lack of West X information has made for variable schedules.

Thanks for the feedback on the kit. Missed you at the Off Road Expo.

socalpunX:

Once again, nicely said.

I will try to answer more questions before the weekend. I will be gone all weekend.

Thanks for your interest and support. Please call 928-667-4757 or email info@spencerlowracing.com if you have any questions.

>>>SLR

#394854 - 10/10/02 04:07 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
Carlton McMillan Offline

Spencer..

I hope you have a good weekend.

Although photos would be great... I understand your not wanting to post them so soon. More to the point what I was really looking for was a verbal explanation as to how you solved this problem. Again.. If by doing so you tip you hand I am more than willing to wait till after SEMA. If I was unclear as to my request I do apologize.

Happy trails!!

#394855 - 10/10/02 04:12 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Give it a rest.
Nah, let Carlton run with it. Everyone here knows his only interest is to discredit SLR. And his attempts do nothing more than make himself look like an ass. I venture to guess Carlton is actually making SLR money with his sorry attempts.

#394856 - 10/10/02 04:19 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
Everyone here knows his only interest is to discredit SLR.
You are wrong about your assumption. (and you know what they say about assumptions) smile I am in no way shape or form trying to discredit SLR or Spencer. From what I have seen of the images it looks like a killer system.

I am just curious as to how he got around the problem of the binding CV's nothing more.

Spencer has said that he did not want to release images before SEMA and I can understand that. Perhaps my earlier request for information was not clear enough for him to understand.

In light of his not wanting to post images of the 4wd system, I was looking for a verbal explanation as to how he was getting around the problem of the binding CV's at the end points of articulation.

#394857 - 10/10/02 04:37 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
I am in no way shape or form trying to discredit SLR or Spencer. From what I have seen of the images it looks like a killer system.[/b]
No matter what miracle he's perfomed, the simple fact is you won't buy it. So maybe you've convinced yourself that you're not just trying to start trouble, but I don't think anyone else on this board who knows your past will believe it.

#394858 - 10/10/02 04:54 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
[QB][/QB]
I have sent you a PM. Posting more on the thread is pointless and it detracts from the point of this thread.

If you wish you continue this conversation I would be more than willing to do so. Privately.

Same goes for you socalpunX.

#394859 - 10/10/02 08:20 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
Marty Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa Ca
How much lift will I get?

#394860 - 14/10/02 01:59 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift

Marty:

"How much lift will I get?"

Marty, the SLR Stage 5 Suspension Lift is very adjustable. Alignment is attainable at 2” of lift to 4 ½” of lift. The customer will desire the ride height and lift.

We at SLR always like droop travel between the upper control arms and the OE upper control arm droop stop.

Attached photo would be our 2WD Stage 5 Suspension Lift with 3 ¾” lift. As you can see, the eccentric upper control arm bolts are centered so there is plenty of adjustability.

I will check back tomorrow to see if anyone has any more technical questions. Thank you for your interest.

>>>SLR

#394861 - 14/10/02 02:44 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
SalsaX Offline

Loc: Aliso Viejo, Ca,
Is this a project that can start small and added to over time? Start with the new UCA's, torsion bars, shocks and rear lift. Then add other items from the rest off the kit (LCA ext.) and the optional items over time?

Thanks...

#394862 - 14/10/02 04:19 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Low Racing:

I will try everything in my power to make it to WestX with a Stage 4 or 5 equipped vehicle. A lack of West X information has made for variable schedules.
WestX.org ...

or did you need more info?
if so send me an e-mail and i can answer any questions

#394863 - 21/11/02 04:42 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
OnlyOneDR Offline

Okay guys: SEMA is OVER! I WANT PICS!

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#394864 - 26/11/02 11:16 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
CyBear Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Most of you guys that are wanting your X to perform as a "crawler"/trail rig are using a basic upper a-arm lift with beefier torsion bars and hitting the trails.

Now comes along a complete detailed lift kit and you pigeonhole it as a desert running package. [/QB]
NO SH*T!!! Some of the pessimism on this board really turns me off. GO BUY A JEEP AND STOP BUGGING THE REST OF US!!!!!
[Finger] [Finger] [Finger] [Finger] [Finger] [Finger]

#394865 - 29/01/03 06:54 PM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
OnlyOneDR Offline

And still...no response!

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#394866 - 30/01/03 09:01 AM Re: Spencer Low Racing Stage 5 Suspension Lift
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
Why don't you email them? I am sure they have long forgotten about this post.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal