2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394967 - 28/10/05 02:30 PM SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Props to SLR. Called SLR up on Tuesday, spoke with Josh... explained that I wanted to purchase a steering system and have it shipped so I could receive it by Saturday for a club mod day. (I have had another companies product on backorder for a long time and the time they gave me kept lapsing by 3 week incriminates.) He informed me that they just sold their last one but would try to complete a steering system for me quickly, as long as someone would agree to lay off the project truck. Well, they built the steering, sent it out for powedercoat, and today I got a call from Josh. I told him previously I'd pay for overnight shipping if he could get it to me in time. Josh said that he would charge me overnight shipping but send it Saturday delivery before 12 and SLR would cover the difference.

So, speaking with Josh at 3pm today. I will have the steering 21 hours later... and they went above and beyond to complete a system that they were out of to fulfill my order. Great customer service. This is my third order from them in the past 2 months and every time I have received phone calls verifying my order contents (what type of lift I was running so they wouldn't send the wrong shocks, ect.) and quick shipping. Always courteous and willing to meet the customers needs. [ThumbsUp]

#394968 - 28/10/05 03:11 PM Re: SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good. I'm glad you resolved your steering purchase issues. Which setup did you choose? They whole package?

I got my front Bils from them a couple of weeks ago. I recieved them missing the compression stops/CNC spacer/poly bushings. No problem, I just figured it was an oversight. I called up Josh, told him, he said -oh my bad- (that's me paraphrasing) and shipped it out that day. Got em 2 days later, stuck em on and was happy as a lark. I'm going back to SLR for the rest of my lift and steering when I have the $$$. I can't wait, my PML is OK but I want it all. Plus I have the 3 pack AAL just sitting in my garage being lonely. laugh

#394969 - 28/10/05 03:17 PM Re: SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went with the whole system. I didn't want to chance anything with my X being my daily driver.

#394970 - 28/10/05 06:16 PM Re: SLR
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
That is example of the type of service I have received from them as well.....Good to hear that you have had good experiences with SLR.

Hell....thank you for coming here and telling us about a good experience. We always hear about bad experiences....rarely the good ones. A nice story is rather refreshing for a change.

[ThumbsUp]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#394971 - 28/10/05 06:20 PM Re: SLR
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
And this is EXACTLY why we need to support as many different aftermarket Xterra companies as possible....When one either delays, or is too busy to produce our wanted items in timely fashion we need to have other options so that we do not get taken for granted...

#394972 - 18/11/05 10:27 AM Re: SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wanted to chime and give props to SLR, Josh especially.

I called the other day to see about getting a set of control arms so I could finish my lift in time for my road trip. Well, ultimately I decided that I wouldn't have enough time to pull it off until I got back to town, but Josh went way out of his way to see if he could help me get everything together. He even offered to bring the arms home with him because that would save me half the drive out to the shop to pick them up. He also said he could have his guy stop his work on the mega-buck pre-runner they were building to make up the arms for me. I hadn't even made the purchase yet!

These guys are awesome. They've got my business.

#394973 - 18/11/05 10:46 AM Re: SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool. I'm jealous. I cant wait to get my SLR arms and steering.

#394974 - 18/11/05 11:51 AM Re: SLR
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by skaggs396:
Cool. I'm jealous. I cant wait to get my SLR arms and steering.
Yea, I need to keep my X for a while so when I upgrade it's going to be with SLR all the way!!!
[ThumbsUp]

#394975 - 19/11/05 11:25 AM Re: SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Josh, and crew are doing a great job over there.

#394976 - 19/11/05 06:05 PM Re: SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

With the recent battles over Calmini stuff, I've definitely put some extra thought into where I'm going to go for my suspension stuff, whenever that happens....Good to see SLR is making a good impression on fellow XOC members...

#394977 - 19/11/05 07:18 PM Re: SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered shocks from SLR. Placed the order on line over the weekend, they called me on Monday morning to check the mods I had on my truck so they could send me the right ones. I had them on Friday.

I will order from them again.

By the way, I have always had great service from AC as well. Actually, I've had great service from Calmini as well, that is, until my idler arm went bad. laugh

#394978 - 19/11/05 07:28 PM Re: SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

My stuff took a while to get to me, but it's worth it! smile

I enjoy my SLR steering. It's night and day over wore out stock crap.

#394979 - 21/11/05 07:21 AM Re: SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got the 3'' SLR susp. set up. It did take awhile but I have ZERO complaints. Im now debating wheather or not to get the Total Choas steering set up or SLR. Its looken awefully good for TC though.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal