Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#395321 - 22/11/05 09:51 PM Re: new header company
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Primarily the difference is going to be that JBA is going to spend the $3-5k to get them CARB approved and probably sell more of them because of it. The SLR design is along the same lines and are ceramic coated as well and don't mess with the cats either. Hence the fact that their price is so competitive.

The problem for me is "grass is greener syndrome." I have seen the promised land but I know I may never step foot on it. To manufacturer the 1st set of headers , equal length, ceramic coated and welded by a master, it would probably cost $2,000k for the first one and it would never be legal. But they are oh so beautifull.

Hemi version:

#395322 - 09/12/05 08:01 AM Re: new header company
Anonymous
Unregistered

how 'bout an update on the header situation? Did u fix the link??

#395323 - 09/12/05 03:25 PM Re: new header company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by abrcr3:
Did u fix the link??
... who?... what link?

#395324 - 08/01/06 11:49 AM Re: new header company
Anonymous
Unregistered

aren't the factory oem headers on the VQ40 arlready tubular steel? there might be what...3 hp gain by doing the bends a little nicer.

I would never break the original seal and untorque the studs and retorque them which might stretch them out and cause an easier loss of seal and a leak later on for minimal gains.

now a replacement for the crack-o-matic 3.3l's might be a nice thing to have.

#395325 - 11/01/06 05:46 PM Re: new header company
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
The SLR design is along the same lines and are ceramic coated as well and don't mess with the cats either. Hence the fact that their price is so competitive.
Eh? SLRs headers displace the primary cats completely, no way they could ever be smog legal.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#395326 - 11/01/06 07:38 PM Re: new header company
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
[b]The SLR design is along the same lines and are ceramic coated as well and don't mess with the cats either. Hence the fact that their price is so competitive.
Eh? SLRs headers displace the primary cats completely, no way they could ever be smog legal.[/b]
Very true. I'm currently installing a set on my truck. The cats will have to be removed. The second set of cats remain, but they are practically useless. I'm considering replacing the second set w/ the first set, just to still have a functional system. Either that, or I'll put in a set of high-flow aftermarket cats. I'm not a greenie, but if I don't have to blow smoke, I'd rather not...

#395327 - 11/01/06 08:14 PM Re: new header company
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
The second set didn't even exist before 2001 on the non-California-emissions models. They're all "California" as of 2001.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal