Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#396469 - 06/03/06 07:13 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went wheeling with all the guys from Shrockworks this weekend. All work and no play will kill a guy.

Maybe they should have stayed in the shop weelding and grinding up the last few things on the tire carriers. I can say I saw 8 or 10 rear bumpers over 90% finished when I stopped in on Thursday.

#396470 - 06/03/06 07:52 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel:
Has anyone received word as to when the second run of rear bumpers is going out? I had been told a week ago Friday...
ok, it's been said a million times already: CALL JIM TO FIND OUT THE STATUS OF YOUR ORDER
Unless Jim responds, personally, anything anyone else says is heresay, and not entirely accurate.

#396471 - 06/03/06 09:33 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I just got my full set of skids in today and I must admit they are beefy..Oh well got alot of prepping and painting to do so off I go.. wink

#396472 - 06/03/06 10:23 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
[b]Has anyone received word as to when the second run of rear bumpers is going out? I had been told a week ago Friday...
ok, it's been said a million times already: CALL JIM TO FIND OUT THE STATUS OF YOUR ORDER
Unless Jim responds, personally, anything anyone else says is heresay, and not entirely accurate.[/b]
I have called Jim many times... I don't mind the wait, I was just asking if possibly somebody had talked with him recently. I don't want to continue bothering him about it.

#396473 - 06/03/06 10:37 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Shrock Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Next batch almost done and ready for powder. About 2 weeks and they will be out of here.

#396474 - 06/03/06 10:43 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

If camping with him on Friday and Saturday nights and wheeling with him Friday and Saturday counts on talking to him recently, then yes I have.

I have a bumper in this batch as well and they are very close to done. A laser cutter got a little sloppy with the bending of the hinge mounts and although I tried to machine them to save them, they had to be remade. Those parts came in on Friday morning as the guys were getting ready to leave for Mega Run 6 at Barnwell Mtn in Gilmer TX. Had the laser cutter not messed up the first batch of parts I think it is safe to say the bumpers would be at powder coating this week, as it is I would guess it will be early next week.

But... I am just a friend of the guys there who enjoys a common hobby. I can not speak with certainty about shipping dates.

EDIT : ok Jim posted while I was typing - guess you have the official word now [LOL]

#396475 - 07/03/06 05:08 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
pinoy Offline

Loc: TinleyPark, IL.
The members and myself from MXO (Midwest Xterra Owners Club) would like to thank you Jim for the group buy. The skid plates I ordered are on the truck and were a breeze to install, no problems what so ever. [ThumbsUp]

#396476 - 07/03/06 05:33 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to say the same. Shrockworks (Jim) is great to do business with. His stuff is the best, and service is first-rate. Yeah, we all had to wait for the rear bumper, but the design and construction is second to none. He does not ship a faulty product and takes care of is customers. wink

#396477 - 08/03/06 10:40 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can attest to that. I was going to pass through Houston last year, so I finally ordered my Sliders, Jim hadn't yet picked them up from the powdercoaters yet but, he made it right with me and I picked them up on my own. The powder coat company owner even helped me put them on in his parking lot. Great people and the companies he works with are also of the top notch!

Thank you Jim.

#396478 - 08/03/06 03:44 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

#396479 - 08/03/06 04:26 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Grunzen:
[QB][/QB]
(A man of few words)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#396480 - 08/03/06 07:08 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL got me. had to many pages opened and posted on the wrong subject. [Freak]

#396481 - 09/03/06 08:59 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got an email from fedex saying the scheduled delivery for my bumper is on the 14th!
laugh

My week just got a whole lot better! [drink]

#396482 - 09/03/06 12:16 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
RI Xterra Offline

Quote:
Just got an email from fedex saying the scheduled delivery for my bumper is on the 14th!
laugh

You must be talking about the rear bumper?I know the front isn't sent thru FedEx...

But congrats on the delivery you'll be glad you waited.. [ThumbsUp]

#396483 - 09/03/06 08:59 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
laugh

Oh, I'm jealous. I just placed my order and now am going to spend several anxious weeks waiting. I can't wait.

I know it's been said before, but thanks Jim for your great customer service. You were very busy, phone was ringing off the hook, and you still took the time to go over every little detail and humoring my uneducated design questions. Thanks.

#396484 - 09/03/06 10:52 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RI Xterra:
Quote:
[b]Just got an email from fedex saying the scheduled delivery for my bumper is on the 14th!
laugh

You must be talking about the rear bumper?I know the front isn't sent thru FedEx...

But congrats on the delivery you'll be glad you waited.. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
Yeah its a rear bumper. I ordered mine bare, so it probably went out sooner than others. I can't wait until next weekend!

#396485 - 12/03/06 09:07 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey question on the rear bumper. How you guys lock the hilift to the bumper so that it won't get stolen. I was just wondering if it came witha way to lock the hi lift to the bumper. thanks

#396486 - 12/03/06 09:47 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

edstorm

I got a python lock from Masterlock at Walmart. They are a cable type lock(6feet long) that when you slide the end into the lock and lcok the cylinder, you can just pull the cable tight to tighten it. Kinda like a zip tie. The diameter of the cable is small enough to fit thru the holes in the jack. I had enough cable to wrap thru my spare, hi-lift and a jerry can on my skid row bumper. The lock also comes w/ a velcro keeper to wrap up the extra. I think it was about $13. They have another version in automotive that is about $18, I got mine in the bike section. The automotive one is hella ugly, flourescent green if I remember right, but the version I got is black/gray. I know that I don't have a Shrock bumper, but should serve the same purpose.

#396487 - 12/03/06 11:49 AM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
RI Xterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by edstorm:
hey question on the rear bumper. How you guys lock the hilift to the bumper so that it won't get stolen. I was just wondering if it came witha way to lock the hi lift to the bumper. thanks
I'm just using a master lock..that goes thru the top mount and jack..

#396488 - 13/03/06 04:31 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

considering that this thread originally started as a skid plate topic, I have a few questions about it, these might have been answered but I thread is LONG....and I don't think I got it through the first read. hehe//

- How difficult is removing the skid plates to change oil?
- any holes to drill?
- anyone notice a big change in performace, I just installed a TJM on my truck and I noticed a bit of a hit in the front suspension and I have bilsteins in the front. I heard the skids is like 100lbs.
- no one has mentioned any reviews about the full underbody skid plates...
- more pics (of the skid plates...with zinc plating?)????
- any idea that the skid plates can fit an TJM? seems like it does from the pics. The skid plates do leave a hole in between the bumper and frame still.
- doesn't cleaning mud off these skid plates become a pain?

oh and yeah, I ordered my carrier the other day!! hehe i passed on the hi lift because I don't have one and i'll just add it to my loadwarrior. if I ever get one.

#396489 - 13/03/06 07:18 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
No way to remeber all that....

But, you can adjust the t-bars to re-gain the TJM bumper sag you mentioned.

If you don't have the skid from the bumper to the first cross member, you can change the oil OK by reaching in.

I'm not sure if the skids have been battle tested and reported on in writing, but the guys I talk to say they are bullet proof, and cover way more than the Skid-Row plates (I have the S-R plates, for a couple of years now...)

Ok, that's all I can remember you asking...

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#396490 - 14/03/06 12:40 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
RI Xterra Offline

I just got mine on this weekend and like said they're bullet proof.I'll see if I can take a picture of them on.

The front skid gets bolted into the engine skid by 3 bolts that are welded onto the skid itself and two holes (which you'll have to drill out) on your lower radiator support.So taking it off will needed to be done for an oil change but it's really easy to take off..Just as easy as if you had to take the stock/OEM plate off..Jim has made provision the skids for other things like access to torsion bar adjusters, transfer drain plug and stuff like that.

But they cover so much more than the Skid Row skids do.The whole t-bars in fact have coverage.

Anything else you need to know ask away and I'll answer for ya.. wink

#396491 - 14/03/06 12:56 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
RI Xterra Offline

Here's a pic looking from front to rear.

And here's a side shot from drivers side looking at the rear skid and gas skid as well.

#396492 - 14/03/06 01:18 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
What they said above. Plus, you need to drill five (5) three eights inch (3/8") holes in the cross-members for the transfer case skid.

k_enn

#396493 - 14/03/06 10:54 PM Re: New Stuff - Skid Plates & Rear Bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

sweet looking skid, i ordered mine 2 weeks ago cant wait to get them. How long did it take you to put all the skids on?

Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal