2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#397160 - 11/03/06 08:46 AM --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

--Another + for Shrockworks--I just got an email with Tracking # and shipping date of 3-8-06 to ME in California--Thanx Mr. Shrake laugh laugh --JIMBO

#397161 - 11/03/06 11:41 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am waiting for my email...should be getting it next week sometime.

#397162 - 12/03/06 11:51 AM Re: --Sliders
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Good deal guys..You'll both enjoy your products.Jim makes some excellent stuff..

#397163 - 13/03/06 09:19 PM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine showed up today . . . now all I have to do is find a level spot to park on to put them on.

#397164 - 14/03/06 04:27 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

just on kinda a side note, i ordered mine from AC and never received any word on them, until the FEDEX guy knocked on my door.

#397165 - 14/03/06 06:47 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes I can attest to Jim's quality work. I have his sliders and soon his skid plates.oh and hopefully someday his front bumper. Oh yea, and the rear too... and... (i need help, i'm addicted!) Anyways, I LOVE my sliders.

#397166 - 14/03/06 06:54 AM Re: --Sliders
RI Xterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nancycpt_21:
Yes I can attest to Jim's quality work. I have his sliders and soon his skid plates.oh and hopefully someday his front bumper. Oh yea, and the rear too... and... (i need help, i'm addicted!) Anyways, I LOVE my sliders.
You'll love the coverage of his skids..I just put mine on this weekend..

#397167 - 14/03/06 07:02 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea that's what i hear! that was the selling point for me. I can't wait to get them!

#397168 - 15/03/06 09:52 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

--OK, I got the sliders and I was informmed this morning that my SS Bull Bar would ship out to day, so I'll probably put BOTH on this weekend-- [Spit] --JIMBO

#397169 - 16/03/06 06:07 PM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

--Allright, this ain't a blow by blow discription, But , the Shrockworks sliders instructions tell you all ways=-+++I found an easy way (alone) was to floor jack the FRONT (L) bracket in place-insert the 4-1/2 bolt thru and fingertight the nut -then the rest just falls in place and I also (painted)_ the front (BACKING) plate YELLOW)just cause I wanted to, for my SOLAR X--and they look NATURAL thanx Mr. Shrake

#397170 - 16/03/06 06:28 PM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Meh! I just installed my Shrockworks Sliders after I got home from work, in the dark, on a gravel driveway and with no beer. Took me a little over one hour.

#397171 - 17/03/06 06:09 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

--Yo pilgrims--I made some comment in another conversation (I don't remember where) about the rear ROCK DEFLECTOPS and I meant REAR VIBRATION DAMPNERS If someone saw that-Please excuse me I must have been DRUNK [Spit] [Spit] -JIMBO

#397172 - 17/03/06 07:15 AM Re: --Sliders
RI Xterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gymbo:
--Yo pilgrims--I made some comment in another conversation (I don't remember where) about the rear ROCK DEFLECTOPS and I meant REAR VIBRATION DAMPNERS If someone saw that-Please excuse me I must have been DRUNK [Spit] [Spit] -JIMBO
Hey at least your honest.. [drink]

#397173 - 18/03/06 09:35 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't get an e-mail from him about mysliders but it was no big deal.
I called him a couple days after he said they would ship and the truck was pulling up to our loading dock with my sliders as I was on the phone.

Bumper should be here my months end and I might order the skids Monday.

This Mod Bug is getting out of hand. I Def got bit harder with the 05 than my 02.

#397174 - 18/03/06 10:09 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraVT:
I didn't get an e-mail from him about mysliders but it was no big deal.
I called him a couple days after he said they would ship and the truck was pulling up to our loading dock with my sliders as I was on the phone.

Bumper should be here my months end and I might order the skids Monday.

This Mod Bug is getting out of hand. I Def got bit harder with the 05 than my 02.
Check the UNYX board about the bumper shipment. I talked with shorck this morning.

#397175 - 18/03/06 05:41 PM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

just got my email from jim..arrival date mar 23...cant wait...

#397176 - 20/03/06 08:23 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

How close to the "four weeks to ship" estimate has Jim been for everyone? I am expecting my email from him some time this week/weekend. Sliders and bumper laugh laugh [ThumbsUp]

#397177 - 20/03/06 09:53 AM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Sliders came on time (actually a little earlier than I expected). The bumper was a bit later than originally estimated, but since it was in the first batch, I expected delays.

#397178 - 20/03/06 01:19 PM Re: --Sliders
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Jim's usually dead on with ETA's...and god love'm, he calls if there's a prob.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#397179 - 20/03/06 03:36 PM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WurlyBurd:
How close to the "four weeks to ship" estimate has Jim been for everyone? I am expecting my email from him some time this week/weekend. Sliders and bumper laugh laugh [ThumbsUp]
I didnt recieve my confirmation at first..so if he says when he's shiping it then if you havent recieved a confirmation email him. He told me that sometime fedx's system of emailing is not alwaysed followed through.
hope that helps

#397180 - 20/03/06 05:45 PM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

I received my Sliders in about the time frame Jim estimated - maybe a few days late, but no problem.

I got shipped the wrong instructions (front bumper, not slider) but he promptly emailed me the correct instructions within the hour (on a Saturday no less).

I'm a novice in the shop so it took me a few hours to put them on. I was doing it myself and used empty buckets and phone books to prop the sliders up while I bolted them on. I don't have a floor jack.

I bolted them on and then drilled the pilot hole for the rear mount. I then removed the sliders and drilled the final 1/2" hole.

After I bolted the sliders on stuck on 2" 3M Grip Tape from Home Depot.

I am very happy with the quality and strength of these sliders. Nice added safety feature in addition to side curtain airbags.

#397181 - 20/03/06 06:39 PM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 06NightArmor:
I received my Sliders in about the time frame Jim estimated - maybe a few days late, but no problem.

I got shipped the wrong instructions (front bumper, not slider) but he promptly emailed me the correct instructions within the hour (on a Saturday no less).

I'm a novice in the shop so it took me a few hours to put them on. I was doing it myself and used empty buckets and phone books to prop the sliders up while I bolted them on. I don't have a floor jack.

I bolted them on and then drilled the pilot hole for the rear mount. I then removed the sliders and drilled the final 1/2" hole.

After I bolted the sliders on stuck on 2" 3M Grip Tape from Home Depot.

I am very happy with the quality and strength of these sliders. Nice added safety feature in addition to side curtain airbags.
did it come with install instructions? for the extra drilling?

#397182 - 20/03/06 07:32 PM Re: --Sliders
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Yes - And that's what was e-mailed that Saturday. (Its part of normal installation...makes them way stronger)

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#397183 - 21/03/06 11:26 PM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes it came with instructions on drilling the hole. I found that I had to remove the sliders to finish the drilling since I could not get a straight angle for the hole.

#397184 - 22/03/06 05:25 PM Re: --Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

happy to say...just got my sliders today...once again jim has done gone good with his words. The shippment was supposed to be delivered to me by the 23rd but it came a day early...
thanks jim...cant wait to order the bumper! wink wink

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal