Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#397344 - 18/07/05 02:43 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
bdjones72 Offline

Loc: Buckeye, AZ
The total cost is $400, $250 for the CL and $150 for the core charge. If you want the Idler and Pitman Arms as well you have to send the core in first as they don't have enough lying around to have them pre-made and ready to ship.

#397345 - 18/07/05 02:46 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
bdjones72 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xcited:
Quote:
Originally posted by bdjones72:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by bdjones72:
[b]So far it's doing well. Still a little stiff however, although I haven't been driving it that often (vacation and ride motorcycle in nice weather). Definitely took care of the slop in the steering that I had. According to Lee this stiffness is normal and will be "smooth as silk" once it breaks in. I'm hoping this is soon as it's a little too stiff for my likes right now. The steering wheel won't center on it's own after a turn so you have to steer it back to straight. It is loosening up, but slower than I would like. I haven't had the opportunity to wheel with it yet so no off-road review yet. All-in-all it's a lot better than what I had. I think once it is broken in completely it will be great.
Well after a few hundred more miles I decided to loosen up the steering gear box adjuster screw a little and that took care of the tightness that I was experiencing in the steering. It is now "smooth as silk" as Lee and Phil would put it, but rock solid as well. My only complaint about L&P would be the post sale customer feedback. When I placed my order I sent in a spare center link and Idler arm to use as my cores. At the time that I placed the order I asked if I could send in the existing CL and IA that were currently on my truck as "store credit" toward the pitman arm and bronze bushings when they were released which Phil said I could do. Well since installing my steering system I have sent several e-mails about placing the order for their double sheer pitman arm (DSPA) and pre-ordering the bronze bushings using my OEM CL and IA as credit. However I have yet to recieve a response to this. I would just place the order over their web site, however I don't know how I would go about recieving the credit that was offered. Despite the lack of response to my inquiries I still plan to order the parts as soon as I can get in touch with someone.

I'll give a review of the off-road performance after this weekends ECXC.

Brian[/b]
One of them had a death in the family recently, and one is suffering from an illness so they have been *busy* doing less than fun things lately. Be patient, they'll get to you.[/b]
Oh, I didn't know about the death in the family. I was aware of the illness. I'm cool, as I said I'm willing to wait to get the DSPA. I don't really need it as I don't see the OEM pitman arm being a weak point in the steering system. As things are now it is working fine. I just wanted to give a thorough review of my experience with them thus far.

#397346 - 25/07/05 09:23 AM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
bdjones72 Offline

Well I finally got a chance to really test this steering off road this weekend at ECXC and it performed flawlessly. I was mostly running green 2-3 and Blue 1 trails with plenty of rock garden obstacles, off camber hills climbs/descents, rutted mud pits, and so forth and the steering was never an issue for me. Only time will tell the durability of this product, but so far both on road and off road it has been great. One was given away at the silent auction Saturday night as it was donated by L&P so they as a company are also supporting our Nissan Xterra events.

Brian

#397347 - 17/08/05 03:52 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got mine in today. I guess they had a little delay with some of the supplies, but kept me up to date about it.

I will install it this weekend smile

#397348 - 17/08/05 09:04 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
I am in the works of ordering this system, just been doing email tag. I really wish I could just call them, but I dont think they have a number to call unless I am missing it. I am very happy with the informative email I got back. I think this will be a good system. [ThumbsUp]

#397349 - 24/08/05 07:09 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
BradLee Offline

So I have been able to talk with Lee a couple of times on the phone, and I went ahead and got the Centerlink, idlerarm & brace ordered. Sent my cores today! [ThumbsUp]

#397350 - 13/09/05 01:18 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
BradLee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
I got mine in today. I guess they had a little delay with some of the supplies, but kept me up to date about it.

I will install it this weekend smile
So did you install it?

#397351 - 25/09/05 06:03 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
BradLee Offline

Got mine installed yesterday, and my truck steer's like a dream. Mine is not by any means to tight either. It is nice and solid steering.

*NOTE: We had to cut a notch out of the brace so the idlerarm would'nt hit.

#397352 - 16/08/06 01:11 AM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

:: bump :: how are these holding up??

#397353 - 16/08/06 06:47 AM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine is still going strong. Been out a couple of times with it and put a ton of miles on it, still nice ant tight.

#397354 - 16/08/06 06:50 AM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine survived Moab and I wasn't exactly nice to it laugh The only thing I've broken since I installed the L&P steering is a tie rod adjuster, which is what I would have to say is now the weak link in the steering system.

#397355 - 16/08/06 08:17 AM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of which...

Nate Murray just completed Four Wheeler Magazine: Real Truck Club Challenge this past weekend at the Badlands (Attica, Indiana), running the L&P steering system. It held up like a dream, with no problems whatsoever.

#397356 - 16/08/06 09:12 AM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
How did Nate do? Any pics yet?

#397357 - 16/08/06 11:47 AM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Mine survived Moab and I wasn't exactly nice to it laugh The only thing I've broken since I installed the L&P steering is a tie rod adjuster, which is what I would have to say is now the weak link in the steering system.
You should add these to your L&P like I did.........

I'm not too ashamed to say with the L&P stage 3 and the tie rod from Independent4x it makes one bullet-proof steering system

#397358 - 16/08/06 02:59 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
marmillerX Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, MA
Who's UCA do you have on there? (SLR??)

#397359 - 16/08/06 03:23 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by marmillerX:
Who's UCA do you have on there? (SLR??)
rancho

#397360 - 16/08/06 08:02 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

The more I look at your tra Ryan, the more I'm convinced to drop the Calmini steering and go with the L&P and Independent 4X setup...will probably be a couple of more months though...bulletproof is probably an understatement though wink [ThumbsUp]

#397361 - 16/08/06 08:05 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

Won my setup at ECXC last year and its holding up great, no problems after the breakin period. I've wheeled easy, hard, and holy crap why didn't something break. Love my L&P.

#397362 - 17/08/06 07:49 AM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
bdjones72 Offline

Do you have a link to the company that makes that tie rod assembly? I have 3 out of 4 TRE's with torn boots so I need to replace them soon. I'm currently running SLR's TRAs which have worked fine, but for comparison sake it be nice to have another choise for the TREs other than the stock Nissan stuff.

BTW, my L&P system has been great. I have absolutely no complaints about it so far. It has performed well both on and off road and I'm very happy that I sold my Calmini system in order to buy this. I'm sure I would have had to replace my idler arm bushing several times by now had I kept the Calmini setup.

Quote:
Originally posted by RahrahsX:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]Mine survived Moab and I wasn't exactly nice to it laugh The only thing I've broken since I installed the L&P steering is a tie rod adjuster, which is what I would have to say is now the weak link in the steering system.
You should add these to your L&P like I did.........

I'm not too ashamed to say with the L&P stage 3 and the tie rod from Independent4x it makes one bullet-proof steering system[/b]

#397363 - 17/08/06 03:06 PM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bdjones72:
[QB]Do you have a link to the company that makes that tie rod assembly? I have 3 out of 4 TRE's with torn boots so I need to replace them soon. I'm currently running SLR's TRAs which have worked fine, but for comparison sake it be nice to have another choise for the TREs other than the stock Nissan stuff.

BTW, my L&P system has been great. I have absolutely no complaints about it so far. It has performed well both on and off road and I'm very happy that I sold my Calmini system in order to buy this. I'm sure I would have had to replace my idler arm bushing several times by now had I kept the Calmini setup.
QUOTE]

here is the link for the post from a month ago when I got them.....it explains what I had to do and gives you the link to Independent4x....when you call them just tell Matt (the owner) what they're for and he'll help ya out Beefy tie rods

#397364 - 22/08/06 08:31 AM Re: L&P Performance Steering System
bdjones72 Offline

Thanks, but $225 is a bit steep for me. I guess I'll be sticking with the OEM TRE's and my SLR TRA's. Thanks for the info though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal