2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398396 - 30/03/02 08:51 AM Had a blast!
Saline Offline

Loc: Fruita , CO
Well we made it back to Oregon from our road trip to Utah! Round trip of 2982 miles! Going to Moab and four wheelin with you guys was a great end to our trip! Ian, thanks for leading us on Poison Spider,Golden Spike,and Gold Bar Rim. Takes cajones to lead a group through trails like that. I definately do believe we went beyond the limits of what an X should be able to do,but it was sure fun doing it!! I know a few of the Jeep guys were suprised to see us out there. One of the Unimog guys said,"I can't believe you guys have made it through all this".
Anyway, hope you all made it home safe and I hope to post some pics soon.

#398397 - 30/03/02 12:30 PM Re: Had a blast!
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by evansxterr:
Well we made it back to Oregon from our road trip to Utah! Round trip of 2982 miles! Going to Moab and four wheelin with you guys was a great end to our trip! Ian, thanks for leading us on Poison Spider,Golden Spike,and Gold Bar Rim. Takes cajones to lead a group through trails like that. I definately do believe we went beyond the limits of what an X should be able to do,but it was sure fun doing it!! I know a few of the Jeep guys were suprised to see us out there. One of the Unimog guys said,"I can't believe you guys have made it through all this".
Anyway, hope you all made it home safe and I hope to post some pics soon.
A very big ditto to that!

Many, many thanks to Ian !

1682 round trip miles here. wink We got home Friday.

You know it was a great trip when the wife starts asking me "when are we going to get lockers". laugh

I was monitoring the jeep guys on the FRS radio. They were also on FRS channel 10 but with 0 Subcode. They could hear all our radio traffic but we could not hear them since we were on Subcode 4. I monitored them with a spare radio. They were shocked that we were on a 4+ trail and were amazed that we completed it. They had nothing but good things to say on the radio about the invading Xterra's. cool

I hope to also post pictures and MPEG movie by late next week. [Freak]

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#398398 - 31/03/02 02:07 PM Re: Had a blast!
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Thanks to everybody that was there, I had a blast with you guys!

It's nice to meet new people, is even better to catch up with people you already know but never get to see.

Ian, I'll bring you a case of Guinness at GOX in thanks.

And thanks to Calmini for sponsoring the whole thing. Keep doing it and I'll keep comming.

I won't have pictures up until I can get them developed (I need a digital) but I'll let everybody know when they go up.

Xterra101.com

#398399 - 31/03/02 07:19 PM Re: Had a blast!
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
One more survivor!!!

Had a BLAST - well, I know what the limit of a stock Xterra is now. m But hell, if a VW Synchro can do it, well look for those pictures.

Everyone who was there, I had a great time. Now to make those modifications to push the previously mentioned limits of the Xterra.

Later, Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal