2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#399828 - 29/05/06 11:22 AM Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
I wanted to take a moment to thank all those who attended goneMOAB 06. This was the biggest goneMOAB yet. We had at least 43 trucks and 67 individuals attend the event from 11 states and France (Nissan engineers)!
A special thanks goes out to all of our trail bosses (Dan, Steve Kramer, Mirek, Eric, Robert, and Brian), and our resident trail tech/more often than not tail gunner (Allen).

This event would not have been possible without the support of the Xterra and Nissan clubs across the country and our corporate sponsors who donated their time and materials to the event. Those sponsors who deserve your support are:

Calmini (trail bossed, brought their HB, drove mag coverage, donated to the raffle)
Nissan NA (brought out the new project X, sponsored a dinner and gave out goodies)
Adventure Trailers (brought out a trailer for demo and donated to the raffle)
AZ Nissan Dealers Assoc (donated Xterra SUV of the year shirts)
Warn (donated to the raffle)
Milwaukee Tools (donated to the raffle)
XM Radio (donated to the raffle)
Circuit City (donated to the raffle)
Craftsman Tools (donated to the raffle)
Mother’s Car Products (donated to the raffle)
Phillips Chem (donated to the raffle)
JE Reel Driveline (donated to the raffle)
Tynans Nissan (donated to the raffle and let Allen off of work)

This was also the first year for participant awards (thanks Mark for putting this together). We will have all attendees voting on these next year.

We are looking for an even bigger event next year with more trails, evening events and optional day activities. I took in recommendations for many of you and I’m open to more (just PM or email me).

I hope to see you all at goneMOAB6!

Take Care,

-Doug

#399829 - 29/05/06 11:33 AM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was an awesome time Doug!

I want to thank everyone that showed up as well, because wheeling with a great bunch of folks is what this is all about.

No major mishaps, no rolls, no deaths and we all got along!

Nice wheeling with everyone, and I'd do it all again. In fact, I will, next year! [Wave]

#399830 - 29/05/06 11:58 AM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Doug, Steve, Nissan for a nother great event! Awesome time wheeling with old friends and meeting some new. I also wanted to give props to PIONEER RESEARCH (my employer) for their generous donation [ThumbsUp] I'll be back next year too Allen; SASd, locked, and geared laugh

#399831 - 29/05/06 12:19 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
DesertHB Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Thanks Doug, Steve, Nissan for a nother great event! Awesome time wheeling with old friends and meeting some new. I also wanted to give props to PIONEER RESEARCH (my employer) for their generous donation [ThumbsUp] I'll be back next year too Allen; SASd, locked, and geared laugh
Dan,

Sorry for not noting Pioneer Research. They made a very generous donation of very high quality automotive soap.

BTW Dan, if you have access to this great soap why is your truck always so filthy? laugh

Thanks again,

Doug

#399832 - 29/05/06 12:41 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
BTW Dan, if you have access to this great soap why is your truck always so filthy? laugh
Quote:
I'll be back next year too Allen; SASd, locked, and geared laugh
I can't afford it [Finger]

#399833 - 29/05/06 02:36 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Thanks from us Southeast guys for a great week.....We seemed to fall away from the group after the beginning of the week.....so much to see and do so far from home.

But the people we met, we ran trails with, we ate with....whatever ......were all terrific.

Doug....well put together event. Dan.....good to run a trail behind you on Steelbender. Travis (Snoopy) great to run with you on Kane Creek, and with you and Brian on Elephant Hill. Terrific couple of days. And everyone else I got to talk with and visit with....Great group of people.

I'd love to say I will be back next year.....but it is such a damned long drive from NC and Florida. Maybe..... wink

Thank you again, everyone....for your contributions towards making this trip very worthwhile for us Easterners.

[ThumbsUp]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#399834 - 29/05/06 02:43 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the hard work Doug laugh

It was a great event and I will definitely be back for more (I'm kinda in the same boat as Dan, I'll be SAS'd, locked, and geared).

It was great to meet everyone and put some faces with names, see you next year or sooner!

#399835 - 29/05/06 02:45 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh Wow this trip was EPIC!!! Thanks to all the vendors, suppliers, helpers, attendees for a really great time.

It was great to put some names to faces & to real names.

"Hi I am Ken & this is Brad."
Then I look and say huh???
"Oh I am Southern X & Red X"
Ahh light bulb turns on!!! [Smoking]

Looking forward to next year!!! smile

#399836 - 29/05/06 04:34 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
That trip was a blast. Had a great time meeting everyone and like others have said, putting screen names to faces. To those that set up the event....Good job guys/gals. To those that showed us easterners the ropes on the rocks, thanks for the patience and the wet wipes (you know who you are) and so does my neoprene!! To the Colorado group, we need to market that Gatorade! wink To everyone that we ran trails with and spent time with I hope to see you down the road when our trails cross again. [Wave]

#399837 - 29/05/06 04:35 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
GoneMOAB5 was the best one yet laugh

For me this was the most enjoyable Moab event I’ve been to so far and the kids had a great time also.

Thanks to the sponsors, DesertHB (Doug) for the organization, AK9849CY (Ryan) for the welding & parts, Cyclemut (Allen) for the advice on fixing my harness short, and all the great people I had the pleasure to spend some time with.

Wheeling (8) trails over 6 days was fantastic; I was impressed with the team sprit and people pitching in when something was needed, scenery was awesome, events/laughs great, etc..a fantastic time all the way around [Smoking]

Although the easiest trail I ran all week…Elephant Hill had the most spectacular scenery and maybe one of the most relaxing place I’ve visited in a while.

I guess I missed the participant awards picking up the kids, but what was the presentation Mark put on?

Thanks again, going to be hard to improve on this one, but lets try wink

Brian

#399838 - 29/05/06 08:10 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
DesertHB Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:

I guess I missed the participant awards picking up the kids, but what was the presentation Mark put on?

There were a number of great awards that Mark put together. You missed getting most broken parts this year. You are going to have to try harder for next year!

-Doug

#399839 - 30/05/06 01:17 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
GR8 work Doug and all others that helped. Thanks to the sponsors and trail leaders too.

I did not win anything frown but had a fun time. Thanks to all that spotted for us and THANKS to Kevin for leading us up Lion's Back. If I had not done that I would have been devastated wink

Oh yea, thanks to Abiel for coming from Mexico and riding shotgun. Would have been a real long drive back alone smile

Already looking forward to next year and those trails with SAS.

Allan, thanks for the mechanical support you gave the guys that needed it and a lot of useful info. passed on to the rest of us.

Mark, nice meeting you and the awards were very fitting tokens to those that received them. Nice work!!!

Nice meeting the new people and very nice seeing old friends!!!!

#399840 - 30/05/06 02:00 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
chupasierras Offline

Loc: Monterrey, M�xico
Thank YOU Dough and those who made possible this amazing event [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

And yeah, nice to see faces instead of screen names [Geek]

You´re welcome Roger, but it is not that long:

smile

[Wave]

Abiel
www.abielg.com

#399841 - 31/05/06 09:42 AM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Erik Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, TN
Thanks to everyone's hard work with pulling together another great Gone! This year was by far the best. Can't wait for next year. 355 days to go and counting!

Erik

#399842 - 03/06/06 11:18 AM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
is Abiel Guerra the winner?

5 states, 2 countries.

how many mexican states(provinces did he cross?)

just wondering who wins the most territory(not miles) covered.

#399843 - 03/06/06 12:50 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Only one country, but here are the states I went through on the Moab trip......The Florida guys hit a couple more (Georgia and Florida) and one less (North Carolina) than I did.

North Carolina
Tennesee
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Utah
Kansas
Missouri
Illinois
Kentucky

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#399844 - 03/06/06 01:31 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
Add one more for us Alabama for a about 10 miles.

Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Tennesee
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Utah
Kansas
Missouri
Illinois
Kentucky

for us from Florida.....so 14 states

#399845 - 03/06/06 05:09 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If Drunkiness is a counted state, then.... laugh

#399846 - 03/06/06 07:54 PM Re: Thank You for Another Great goneMOAB!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
If Drunkiness is a counted state, then.... laugh
IF that is true I know a few who would win... [Smoking] I wonder where the aluminum phalus came from one night [LOL]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal