Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40131 - 11/12/06 02:23 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you roll the H2, you get that much mass going in any direction and nothing good can come of it. But I don't think anyone here is looking for a discusion on Physics. So, I'm not sure that safety is based solely on size.

I have no problem with a 16 year old getting a brand new car. A 70,000 dollar car though is a waste. All ready totaled one, so get a newer one with more bling. That H2 will be torn to crap well before college even enters the conversation. Not my money though, so have fun with it.

#40132 - 11/12/06 02:58 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
The two center vents on the dash look like titties, so there's something to like! [LOL]

#40133 - 11/12/06 03:35 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Xterradon Offline

Loc: Franklin Park, NJ
Just curious, what do you parents do and what will you get next when your done with/ smash/ roll the H2?

#40134 - 11/12/06 04:47 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Roygil and Xterradon, I don't know where the fuck you get the idea that the accident was my fault. I was making a left turn, on a green left turn arrow, and a lady was speeding and plowed into my side. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm some fuckup who wrapped his car around a telephone pole speeding around and doing stupid shit. I had right of way, the other driver was the one who made the mistake. She totalled her car and was just recently released from the hospital. And I still feel bad for her, even though she was the one in the wrong. So before you make dumbass comments like "It'll be thrashed before you get to college in 2 years.", or "What are you going to do after you get bored of and crash this one?", perhaps you should educate yourselves as to why my X was totalled in an accident. I've taken enough bullshit from everyone else hearing about the the accident being like oh, you're 16, it was your fault. No, that's not how it works. Were it my fault that the X had been totalled, I wouldn't be driving again until I was old and had enough money to pay for my own car myself, because my parents sure as hell would not be buying me a new one anytime soon. My dad and I are car nuts, and have always taken pretty damn good care of our vehicles. So I plan on keeping the H2 for a very very long time, I'll keep it until it's rusted out and the drivetrain has failed and it's costing more money to repair than it is to just start over with something new.

#40135 - 11/12/06 05:26 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't say anything about the care you will take of it. I really don't care, but can guess how much your friends at that age will respect your property. And no matter how great of a driver you think you are, you are surrounded by 16 year old drivers. Which statistically, you are the most dangerous group out there. So, say that you are a good driver, one of them will tag your huge ass truck soon.

Like I said, that truck will be beat to hell within the next two years. No matter how great of care you try and take care of it. Bad investment to send a brand new car to high school. You'd be better off keeping that truck and buying a kia to drive to school. Good luck though.

You were bored with the X after a month, and you are going to keep this one until it rusts out and falls apart? Highly unlikely...

#40136 - 11/12/06 06:18 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where in the hell do you get that I was bored with my Xterra after a month? I loved it until the accident, and still do love it. I never got bored of it. Everytime I got into it I had a big dopey grin on my face because it was so much fun to drive. And my friends are pretty mature and know that if they ever hurt my truck I'd kill them, so I think they'll be pretty careful. And maybe in the rest of the world 16 year olds are the worst group, but down here, it's all the old people, just like the lady that hit me. I would much rather be surrounded by all of my friends in their cars than all the snowbirds that should've stopped driving a long time ago. I get to park in the Residents Only lot, there are roughly one hundred spaces, and only 20 kids with cars, so I park as far from them as possible. I really don't foresee any major damage occurring to the truck, I take care of it, and my friends take care of it, and I avoid anybody who might not care for it as much as me, so yes, I do plan on keeping it until it's rusted out and barely running.

#40137 - 11/12/06 07:06 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
congrats on the h2. wouldn't have been my choice (jeep unlimited rubicon), but that's your call. enjoy the ride and i hope to see pics. out of curiousity, how was the insurance settlement? how much did it contribute to the pay off of the x and the purchase of the h2? i was in an accident six years ago that paid off a lot of debts and paved the way for my x.

#40138 - 11/12/06 07:44 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, the insurance settlement just covered the cost of my X. None of us really wanted to pursue it any farther, neither my passengers nor I had any major hospital bills, and no long lasting injury, so I figured I'd rather just get the price of the car back and let it go.

#40139 - 11/12/06 10:37 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
Quote:
Originally posted by 56kz2slow:
I rented a Land Rover Disco for a week. I am 5'10" and 145lbs. I felt cramped in it. Seat did not go back far enough, seat too close to door, dash and steering column too close to knees. I hope they fixed that with the LR3

I did like the way it drove even with the uncomfortable driving position.
Yeah the LR3 doesnt feel cramped at all. The 3rd row, optional, seat is actually really easy as it folds flat into the rear cargo area. The 300hp plant that come with the HSE has tons of getty up and cruises smooth at 100+mph (Montana wink ) The Range is only 95K if you get the supercharged. Its more like 75 with the 300some HP. I personally think it would have been a hands down decision. I have experianced both interiors the H2 and Range/supercharged can say from parking and driving short distances with a few of each (valet) that the Range is for sure smoother and more refined and much faster.

#40140 - 12/12/06 05:12 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Sounds like your parents have it together. You're a lucky kid.

#40141 - 12/12/06 09:55 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by Xterra Kid 2003:
...The Range is only 95K...
"only"

frown Scary.

#40142 - 12/12/06 03:58 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Xterradon Offline

Take two: Just curious, what do you parents do and what will you get if for some reason the H2 was stolen and never found again?

#40143 - 12/12/06 05:14 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
Quote:
[b]...The Range is only 95K...
"only"

frown Scary.[/b]
hey pal, you forgot the other half of the sentence, "if its supercharged." Josh was saying that if you put all the options are the Range its 95K, I said, ONLY if its super charged.. In my hometown the Range is the vehical to have to I have been a little desensatized to the cost of cars, I live about a mile away from Bently, Rolls Royce, Land Rover, Prosche, Audo, Aston Martin, Mercedez Benz, Ferrari, Maserati and Lamborghini dealerships along with 4 or 5 used exotic car dealers. Detroit is big on its cars. My area is big on its nice cars. I will probably never be able to afford any of them but thats fine, their pretty to look at. If you paid 75K for that H2 I still think your spending to much money on crack to not have gone with a Range, or even a Range sport. Or I would have spent 50K on a fully loaded LR3, at least you can get an ARB bumper for them. And they have a loonnng list of features when fully loaded. But enjoy the H2, girls wont know the difference anyhow. wink

#40144 - 12/12/06 05:37 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Xterradon, not sure why you're so interested. But my mom doesn't work, and my dad works in newspaper advertising. And if the H2 suddenly got stolen and disappeared and was never seen again, and it was not my fault at all (as in I had parked it in a well lit public place, I had triple checked to make sure it was locked), then I would probably get another H2 if insurance gave me enough to cover all of it? I mean so far I love the H2, and if I had it stolen I'd probably just replace it with something as similiar to this one as I could find.

#40145 - 12/12/06 05:46 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
[b]
Quote:
[b]...The Range is only 95K...
"only"

frown Scary.[/b]
hey pal, you forgot the other half of the sentence, "if its supercharged." [/b]
My bad. Otherwise - as you said - it's a mere $75K.

#40146 - 12/12/06 05:48 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got my Xterra back from a front end collision. Meaning I rear ended an idiot on a Highway that decided to switch lanes and then switch back into my lane and slam on her brakes after she cut off another trcuk in the other lane. I was doing about 90 kms/ hr...she was I would say doing about 50 kms/hr. By the time I slammed on my brakes, it was probably about 10 kms difference. She was driving a new rental car (Chevy Cavalier) (her car was probably in the shop for another accident no doubt). She had a dent in her trunk and a small crack in her rear bumper. Drove away no problem.
My X...well...new front end etc etc, $5100 later and 2 rental cars I got it back after a month of backordered parts...
I couldn't believe my X's front end got destroyed, being the heavy weight I should have came out the better....thank God my airbags didn't go off!!! I was quite disappointed with the damage that happened to my vehicle and wondered about trading in on something else. I didn't. It has never let me down and I.... damn well like it!!!
Long short of it is, I now have a brushguard on it..not that it would help too much...but it makes me feel a little better until I get a Shrockworks bumper.

Hope you like your H2.

Stay safe!!

JB

#40147 - 12/12/06 05:54 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

And Xterra kid, I know that the Range Rovers are very nice. But the LR3 around here is a mommy mobile, and there's so many of them that it's sickening, they're very nice, but they're everywhere, and I just felt cramped sitting in the drivers seat, I felt like my knees were sandwiched between the seat and steering wheel and my elbows were digging into my sides. Same with the Range Sport. So that left me with the Range Rover, and I mean who drives a Range Rover unless it's the supercharged, which quickly ruled that out with the pricetag. And I know that the Land Rover/Range Rover are far more capable as far as handling and speed, but I don't really go fast, I prefer to just set the cruise control and relax. So although the Range Rover was a very nice car, I just climbed into the H2 and was like this is the one.

#40148 - 12/12/06 08:15 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Ummm I would drive a non supercharged range rover :rolleyes: . It would still spank the shit outa the H2 off the line and in ride quality. Where I come from H2s are alll over the place and after driving a few I can say they drive like Tanks where the RR drives more like a lux sedan.

#40149 - 12/12/06 08:46 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Haha, alright, so I would drive any Range Rover too, supercharged or not. But I just prefer the tank feeling, and the H2 seems to have perfected it. I don't drive over any speed limits, and I don't like to whip around corners, and even if I did, the H2 may be massive, but it's still got a very nice ride to it. And in the end I felt more comfortable in the H2. The Range Rover is very sporty and luxurious, but it seemed like the seats were somewhat firm and were doing a great job of holding you in, a lot of people prefer that, but I prefer the nice wide seats in the H2, I can just kinda sprawl out and cruise.

#40150 - 12/12/06 08:59 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

spank the shit? its not about going fast, if you want to go fast get something fast. hell our lawn mower would "spank the shit" out of my x, but i love my x to death. and as for the kids this age dont respect anyone elses property, its true. my friends thrash my car, i tell them not to but guess what, they dont listen! imagine that. expect ripped leather, expect dirty headliners it comes with the age buckaroo, im 17 i know. I also see that you getting a 70,000 dollar car for your (second)is retarded. and from what ive read your in 10th grade? last question then im done ranting, why not the H3? rancho is releasing a 5 inch.

FIN

#40151 - 13/12/06 08:27 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I dunno about your friends but I relly don't drive other people around that much and the few occasions that I do drive a few people, they know that if they screw something up they'll be paying for it and won't be driving with me again. And why exactly do you "see" me getting a $70,000 car for my second is retarded? You've read wrong, I'm a junior,= 11th grade. And not the H3 because my girlfriend's mom has one and I just don't like it quite as much. Not as big, not quite as comfortable, it's underpowered, I much prefer the X to the H3 and the X is cheaper.

#40152 - 13/12/06 11:30 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for this thread guys, it's been amusing and just what I needed.

Hey, whatever you want to drive, congrats.

Where's the picture of it?

Ah, to be young again with so much to learn [Laughing]

#40153 - 14/12/06 09:53 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pics will be up after this weekend, there's a torrential downpour at the moment and I don't feel like going outside.

#40154 - 14/12/06 07:00 PM Re: New Truck/Confession
Xterradon Offline

Anyone know if there is a record for the most replies in a single thread by the original poster?

#40155 - 15/12/06 08:42 AM Re: New Truck/Confession
Anonymous
Unregistered

Leave the kid alone bitches!!! You guys are like a pack of wolves. Goddamn!!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal