2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#404534 - 07/09/03 11:43 PM New mods
Xterra Freak Offline

Loc: Climax,NC, USA
I upgraded to the Airaid intake, the poweraid throttle body spacer, and the stanless gibson catback. WOW, what adifference this had made. My X was stock, other than a few cosmetic changes. I decided to do this after it seemed my X was straining to pull my 16.4 ft Nitro boat. God forbid you had to go up a hill. now I just snatch it and go. I cannot believe the difference it has made. Still have a little bit of strain on hills but not like it was. Other than the constant whistling from the TBS, I recommend it.

#404535 - 08/09/03 08:41 AM Re: New mods
Solar Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Same mods here and the response is quite noticable.
Not sure if the TB spacer did anything but it is in there for now!
[Wave]

#404536 - 08/09/03 11:20 AM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did the same mods myself basically, just different companies. I would recommend having your cpu updated now that you did all these changes. I did it last and noticed more change than after all of the other mods. I had a spacer, but the lady complained about the whine so I took it out. I also didn't notice any differnce. Keep having fun!!!!

#404537 - 08/09/03 11:54 AM Re: New mods
Solar Offline

xoldie
What do you mean by updating the CPU.
Are you talking about the battery disconnect or something else.
If something else, please elaborate.
Thanks

#404538 - 09/09/03 09:10 PM Re: New mods
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Hmmmm, thinking about the throttle body spacer. I already have the Airaid intake and took out the garbage can muffler that came stock with the X and replaced it with a Borla. The Jet chip sounds very good too!! laugh

#404539 - 10/09/03 04:55 PM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Solar:
xoldie
Are you talking about the battery disconnect or something else.
If something else, please elaborate.
Thanks
The ECU which controls various aspects of your car, also controls the air/fuel ratios, and other engine properties. Updating the cpu will allow for the cpu settings to be set for more performance, rather than stock. It should be the last thing you do, so you can take into account all the mods you have done, and get it programmed accordingly.

#404540 - 10/09/03 07:40 PM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jet Performance Chip
This is where you can find info on the upgrade. IT IS DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY!!! Only takes three days. Ship your computer,(located on the floor in front of the shifter) next day and they play with and ship it back next day. Again, IT MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE! [Smoking]

#404541 - 10/09/03 09:32 PM Re: New mods
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Hmmmm, thinking about the throttle body spacer. I already have the Airaid intake and took out the garbage can muffler that came stock with the X and replaced it with a Borla. The Jet chip sounds very good too!! laugh
The throttle body spacer is not worth it. If you go to Reaganperformance.com you will see an review that they did on one that they sell. They ended up taking it out because of the annoying sound and don't really recommend it.

#404542 - 10/09/03 10:00 PM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

The throttle body spacer is not worth it.

Just took mine off because of the "whine". I didn't hear it, probably because of too much AC/DC, but the lady did and it didn't too a thing power wise.

#404543 - 11/09/03 08:19 AM Re: New mods
Solar Offline

xoldie
Now, how can jet program the ECU with having it in the car ?? Just because you tell them you have a K&N and a Gibson they know what to do.
What is you increase the trottle body opening, can they program for the extra air intake also?

Maybe I should just call Jet ?? [Huh?]

#404544 - 11/09/03 08:52 AM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now, how can jet program the ECU with having it in the car ?? Just because you tell them you have a K&N and a Gibson they know what to do.

What they do is hook up the ecu unit to a computer that has all sort of data. They input the vehicle and the changes and then change the "internal" workings of your ecu unit. Just make sure you list ALL of the mods you have done and they will take care of the rest.
The deal is that factory settings on the epu unit are very average, so that they work in a bunch of different climate, i.e. west coast, east coast, europe etc... Jet treaks the ecu units adjustments and readings to increase performance. To give you an idea, when they do this adjustment on a Porsche Turbo, it increase the hp by 35 to 45 just by itself! Good luck and keep us posted on the results.

#404545 - 14/09/03 06:48 PM Re: New mods
JtaoJ Offline

Loc: Layton, Utah
I know this question get asked often on various mods. No answers via search on the Jet Chip come up with it...so here goes:

Anyone who has done the Jet Chip, overall HP gains? Decrease in gas mileage?

I tow a tent trailer, and offroad, so wouldn't want to mess up the torque curve, but it would be nice to have some extra juice for towing. Have installed the Gibson exhaust and Stillen cold air.

#404546 - 15/09/03 08:18 AM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone who has done the Jet Chip, overall HP gains? Decrease in gas mileage

I did a K&N intake, borla exhaust and then the chip adjustment from Jet. I noticed the largest difference from the chip adjustment. If I had to guess on hp gain, I would probably say somewhere around 20. Gas mileage is right around 16 to 18 and that's all driving conditions, including wheelin. Don't worry about your torgue curve, when the gains are so small, there is really no effect to your torgue. You can also inform Jet that you tow with your vehicle alot and they can adjust the chip for that as well. Hope this helps. cool

#404547 - 26/10/03 06:57 AM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was talking to a mehanic buddy of mine and he told me that when you get the chip upgraded with your mods programmed in, it will fail emmissions testing. He said, go get a chip out of a wrecked X and when the emmissions test is due, switch it out. Anyone have any thoughts?

#404548 - 21/11/03 08:14 AM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmn,

K&N Intake...check
Nissan/Dynomax Exhaust...check
Looks like it may be time for the Jet Chip modification.

Will this modification affect my Nissan Warranty confused ?

#404549 - 25/11/03 07:37 AM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone actually done a before and after dyno run with the JET chip?

I am VERY skeptical about the actual performance gains promised. Also, you will barely feel 20 HP depending on where it is in the power curve. These types of modifications tend to move the power up in the rev range...which is not where it is needed.

If someone can verify the claims with objective data I would be interested. Otherwise, it's a waste of money and time.

#404550 - 25/11/03 12:29 PM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd like to re-post this.

Quote:
Originally posted by srtmo:
I was talking to a mehanic buddy of mine and he told me that when you get the chip upgraded with your mods programmed in, it will fail emmissions testing. He said, go get a chip out of a wrecked X and when the emmissions test is due, switch it out. Anyone have any thoughts?

#404551 - 25/11/03 02:34 PM Re: New mods
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll let you know when it comes time for the emmissions test...

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal