Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#405581 - 19/10/06 09:32 AM Upgrading front brakes?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there any aftermarket support for the Xterras brakes? Crossdrilled rotors, performance pads, SS lines??? i havent been able to find any...

And no im not doing it for ricer reasons, i just like to have good brakes, plus i tow a boat often.

#405582 - 22/10/06 12:06 AM Re: Upgrading front brakes?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ahh id check ebay, i know they have off-brand cross-drilled/slotted rotors for about $100 if i remember right...but im not sure if you want to trust these mystery brands. As for pads...i have ceramic, they work well, stand up to heat in heavy braking, and ive noticed a reduction of brake dust on the rims...

just my two cents

#405583 - 22/10/06 12:17 AM Re: Upgrading front brakes?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ahhh yes, i found the no-name brakes on ebay, not too sure about that either, but thanks for the help.... I was hoping to find some brembo crossdrilled rotors, i have had good experience with those. The slotted and combo drilled/slotted ones wear more quickly. Does brembo make anything for us?

#405584 - 22/10/06 03:13 AM Re: Upgrading front brakes?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Powerstop makes them... or at least they did. These are slotted and drilled. I've had them on my X for the past 75 - 80K with no problems. I am also using Akebono Pro ACT ceramic pads. I honestly can't make any reliable claims about whether they are better or not, other than they aren't warped like my factory rotors were, and maybe they seem to shed water better. I also can't rememember where I got them for the life of me! I know I've posted it before, so do a search under member #1229 (me!!!) and maybe something will turn up. I'd do it, but I don't have the time or patience right now!

#405585 - 22/10/06 12:24 PM Re: Upgrading front brakes?
Anonymous
Unregistered

autoanything.com has the PowerStop rotors for $138 a piece and free shipping. laugh

#405586 - 24/10/06 07:23 PM Re: Upgrading front brakes?
OnlyOneDR Offline

Here's my setup:

PowerSlot Rotors
Bendix Ceramic Pads

They stop better than the stockers, for sure. I notice it most at higher speeds when I need to scrub off speed fast (like an idiot pulling out in front of me, etc).

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal