Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407014 - 29/01/06 11:52 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is rediculous. I cannot believe you fellas are talknig about racing an Xterra.

#407015 - 29/01/06 12:43 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I've got a twin turbo setup off of an old 300Z that I want to experiment with. I think with the SC pistons installed and about 12-15lbs of boost, I could make about 400hp with the right parts.[/QB]
To bad the manifolds will not mount. You would have to use the manifolds from a VG30ET and that set-up is single turbo. The VG30DETT manifolds will not work as the VG30DETT is a COMPLETELY different motor. The VG33E is just a stroked VG30E/T. Alot of Z31 300ZX guys use the VG33E for the extra 10% displacement as it is basically a direct bolt-in.

#407016 - 29/01/06 07:42 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
bluztraveler Offline

Loc: Surrey , B.C. ,Canada
Hey guys its a 4X4.Don't forget that. But its a good read ,carry on. [ThumbsUp]

#407017 - 30/01/06 05:52 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JAMESZ:
Quote:
I've got a twin turbo setup off of an old 300Z that I want to experiment with. I think with the SC pistons installed and about 12-15lbs of boost, I could make about 400hp with the right parts.
To bad the manifolds will not mount. You would have to use the manifolds from a VG30ET and that set-up is single turbo. The VG30DETT manifolds will not work as the VG30DETT is a COMPLETELY different motor. The VG33E is just a stroked VG30E/T. Alot of Z31 300ZX guys use the VG33E for the extra 10% displacement as it is basically a direct bolt-in.[/QB]
I didn't know about the manifolds, mabye I can fab up a set with some steel i've got laying around. thanks for the info.

#407018 - 03/02/06 08:58 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by sharpeshifter:I didn't know about the manifolds, mabye I can fab up a set with some steel i've got laying around. thanks for the info.[/QB]
Or you can use the manifolds from a 84-89 Z31 300ZX Turbo...84-87 preferably since in those years the Z31 used a T3 instead of the undersized T25 that came on the 88 and 89 model years.

#407019 - 07/02/06 03:11 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll have my grandma race her Pride Victory scooter http://www.spinlife.com/critpath/spec.cfm?productID=415
against your Ford for PINKS (if by chance the Ford doesnt stall and you win I will have to push her all over town in the wheelchair)
Her scooter is named Victory so that should boost the Horsepower and almost guarantee a win. [Smoking]

#407020 - 08/02/06 01:47 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Boys, boys, boys! There is one reason for driving slow. The roadhead lasts longer! Now, if anyone needs me I'm going out for a drive in my 1st gen with the gf.

#407021 - 20/02/06 07:08 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a gen 2 x and I must say its fast, but why are we comparing apples to oranges here fellas? ford 5.0 V8 vs. nissan 4.0 V6 um that right there says it....2 more cylinders....not a fair race but once i see some numbers on the ford I cant make a call on who will be quicker. I personally have driven some very fast cars, my father was a mechanic for over 35 years, and owns a few quick ones himself including a toyota supra twin turbo, btw if you wanna race your 5.0 ford V8 aginst a V6 toyota supra with over 900 ponies(got the dyno sheet to prove it) then bring it... My father and grand father worked for ford....noticed I said worked, thats because FORD= fix or repair daily, hence why you said that you would win in your truck but probibly blow the motor doing so......just quoting you.....have faith in the impoted V6's they are somthing to brag about

#407022 - 20/02/06 07:14 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

just to prove it
oh yea and the dyno was without the 150 shot of nitrous......just for this situations where you might need it.....those rare situations that is

#407023 - 20/02/06 10:06 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
...V6 toyota supra with over 900 ponies...
V6 Supra? Over 900HP?

Yet the pics you provided show a 2JZ Supra (i6) making 830HP. I'm a bit confused.

#407024 - 20/02/06 12:06 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, that's an inline 6, not a V6. So if you're going to rip off someone else's ride, at least get it straight.

Oh, by the way, I sent Justin (you know, the owner of that sweet, sweet ride) a little email, letting him know his car was claimed by someone else... laugh

Quote:
Hello Justin, I thought that I might let you know that there is someone else claiming to own your vehicle.

I know that it might sound a bit funny, as perhaps this particular guy happens to be you, in which case, I apalogize.

This guys states to live in Boston, but has posted a pic of your particular Supra, claiming it's his Dad's vehicle. While this may sound a little wild, it's even wilder still that this is all happening on a Nissan Xterra forum.

While we're nowhere near the same style of vehicle, folks got to talking about how fast an Xterra would go, challenges got thrown around and thus this fella claims to have a Dad that built your ride.

Your ride is particularly sweet, I might add. I haven't had the oppurtunity to work on a twin turbo myself, having only built SCCA engines for several drivers. Something along the lines of your street legal ride would be quite impressive.

If this is something that you feel might need your personal attention, I'll give you the thread to this particular discussion. You can decide how to proceed on your own.

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=000740

Again, if this does happen to be your son, then I do apologize greatly for the misunderstanding.

Allen
aka Cyclemut
I'll go ahead and quote you, so a deletion won't be so easy. [ThumbsUp]

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraw7:
just to prove it
oh yea and the dyno was without the 150 shot of nitrous......just for this situations where you might need it.....those rare situations that is

#407025 - 20/02/06 12:07 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, and you've been trolled. [Wave]

#407026 - 20/02/06 12:32 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
GrayHam Offline

Daaaaaaaaaaang . . .

#407027 - 20/02/06 12:49 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought I've seen those pics/dyno sheet around before.

Good kill Cyclemut.

#407028 - 20/02/06 02:36 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

yo I know the guy who owns it, I went to school with him Justin Infurno, represent AEPi, (old Frat bro) and that is a sweet ride, still remember when he took me out on 95 for a lil ride int and lit up the wheels , although he now has a viper, yellow infact..Like i said i dont know if its still in his hands because he now has a viper

#407029 - 20/02/06 03:34 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by richard marzonie:
yo I know the guy who owns it, I went to school with him Justin Infurno, represent AEPi, (old Frat bro) and that is a sweet ride, still remember when he took me out on 95 for a lil ride int and lit up the wheels , although he now has a viper, yellow infact..Like i said i dont know if its still in his hands because he now has a viper
I smell something funny here...
Xterragreen and you both have the same color X, both S models and both are 4x2.

Now xterragreen's changing all of his settings, etc..

Interesting.... yo.

And for the record, there's a lot of things you don't know about a lot of people. Who I know, and who knows me, would suprise a lot of folks. Big dog, porch... get the picture?

#407030 - 20/02/06 04:22 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I'll race you all. The Spec V can nevar lose

To a 5000 lb suv

#407031 - 20/02/06 04:24 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

um yea its odd that two people have the same truck(wtf)...... I live in florida

#407032 - 20/02/06 04:35 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Busted!

#407033 - 20/02/06 05:15 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by richard marzonie:
um yea its odd that two people have the same truck(wtf)...... I live in florida
Umm....yeah......

Let's line it out in black and white for you "two".

Xterragreen happens to post a pic of some sweet ride out of the blue, while only making a total of 3 posts. Then you, Richard (can I call you Dick?) happen to come out of the blue, making (at the time) only 1 post, claiming to know the fella that actually owns the vehicle.

Yes, Dick, you both have the same vehicle, same color, same model.....but claim to be from different areas. Umm.....yeah.......

Oh, and xterragreen has since changed his profile from Boston, to Ohio. Now, I'm thinking that it's the Boston that I know, which isn't in Ohio. 'Cause the Boston in Ohio is actually New Boston, population 2,340 kind, gentle folk. Not some asshat that claims that his Dad owns someone else's ride!

And I quote...

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraw7:
I personally have driven some very fast cars, my father was a mechanic for over 35 years, and owns a few quick ones himself including a toyota supra twin turbo, btw if you wanna race your 5.0 ford V8 aginst a V6 toyota supra with over 900 ponies (got the dyno sheet to prove it) then bring it...
So, (if there is indeed two of you) gentlemen, consider it brought, cooked on your backside, eaten and then shit upon your lawn.

Don't even think of trying to explain your way out of it, Dick, 'cause you caint!

#407034 - 25/02/06 11:07 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

*Grabs the popcorn* laugh

#407035 - 06/03/06 07:40 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh

I'm betting on Cyclemut here...

But carry on manly men - entertaining reading...

Bonus points to Cyclemut for going into big brother mode and quoting chapter and verse on this guy/these dudes -- but is he a really a Nissan tech -- or is he really Cyclemut PI (insert theme music here)...

[Argue]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal