Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#408613 - 10/07/05 08:28 PM Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a bone stock 03 X and was thinking of adding maybe a drop-in K&N and a muffler of some sort. I'm friends with the owner of an LS1 performance shop here in Dallas and he'll let me use the dyno for free. So I was thinking of doing a few pulls stock, add the filter and do a few pulls, then add the muffler and do a few pulls. I'm only going to do this if some of ya'll would be interested. So?

#408614 - 10/07/05 08:51 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm very interested in seeing the dyno pulls. especially with the stock vs k&n. git er done and post away! [Finger]

#408615 - 10/07/05 09:05 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I don't think you will have an objections.

#408616 - 11/07/05 06:33 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd be definitely interested as well. I had the same idea, but the pulls would cost me $$$

#408617 - 11/07/05 06:54 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think just about everyone would be very interested in this. And since its free its even better. If you have the money I would do the following:
Pull 1-Stock
Pull 2-Some sort of cold air intake (the entire intake not just the filter)
Pull 3-Intake and full cat-back exhaust

This seems to be what most people are running. Make sure you post the graphs!!!! smile

#408618 - 11/07/05 10:22 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless:
I think just about everyone would be very interested in this. And since its free its even better. If you have the money I would do the following:
Pull 1-Stock

This seems to be what most people are running. Make sure you post the graphs!!!! smile
Well, I don't really have the money to go with the full intake and catback, unless ya'll want to donate in the name of science laugh

I was going to get a used K&N for $25 or so and a muffler of some sort that's not too loud (maybe Magnaflow or Flowstoppers) and see where the $100 in mods gets me. I might throw in some timing if my gas will allow me to.

#408619 - 11/07/05 10:38 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BADFNZ:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless:
[b]I think just about everyone would be very interested in this. And since its free its even better. If you have the money I would do the following:
Pull 1-Stock

Well, I don't really have the money to go with the full intake and catback, unless ya'll want to donate in the name of science laugh

I was going to get a used K&N for $25 or so and a muffler of some sort that's not too loud (maybe Magnaflow or Flowstoppers) and see where the $100 in mods gets me. I might throw in some timing if my gas will allow me to.[/b]
I give you props for doing this! Anything is better then nothing. smile smile smile

#408620 - 11/07/05 10:47 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do it man we're all interested. My guess is 3.5 hp increase with filter and muff and hmmm maybe loss of 1 ft-lbs torque.

#408621 - 11/07/05 12:45 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

keep us updated and have fun!

#408622 - 11/07/05 04:38 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Xterradon Offline

Loc: Franklin Park, NJ
I think it would be most beneficial to do a run with a nissan OEM paper filter, then a K&N drop in and then a whole aftermarket intake. An then make a local supercharged friend and repeat with his/ her vehicle.

#408623 - 11/07/05 05:08 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

interested as well.

#408624 - 11/07/05 11:39 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradon:
I think it would be most beneficial to do a run with a nissan OEM paper filter, then a K&N drop in and then a whole aftermarket intake. An then make a local supercharged friend and repeat with his/ her vehicle.
Sure man. I'll pm you my address and you can send me your intake to use [ThumbsUp]

#408625 - 12/07/05 03:42 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Xterradon Offline

Don't bother. I'm using only a K&N drop in because I seriously think that the aftermarket intake boxes with conical filters don't flow any more air. It would be nice to have this documented though. Surely there is someone on this board local to you with a K&N FIPK or a Volant. Anyone???

#408626 - 12/07/05 03:48 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You should just have your friend set up an "Xterra Free Dyno" day and have anyone with their current setups give it a try [ThumbsUp]

....No points off for trying , right? wink

#408627 - 12/07/05 07:09 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i want to see the numbers-whats the hp differance?

#408628 - 16/07/05 05:51 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was going to do the same thing, until i was told that i was too "fast and furious" for an xterra. and i shouldn't have gotten one in the first place, because they were meant to go slow over rocks, not merge onto the interstate at a reasonable pace.

but then i got ip banned. I'm at a hotel bitches, new ip. (for the next 20 minutes [Finger] )

#408629 - 18/07/05 01:01 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey BADFNZ,
I plan on doing a couple of upgrades in hopes of hitting some 300 crank horsepower. If I could use your dyno at a cheap price, I'd definately be willing to drive from College Station in a couple of months and having my X dynoed after my upgrades. Finally get some proof on this site how much potential our engines have...

#408630 - 18/07/05 04:51 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Just_Blue:
Hey BADFNZ,
I plan on doing a couple of upgrades in hopes of hitting some 300 crank horsepower. If I could use your dyno at a cheap price, I'd definately be willing to drive from College Station in a couple of months and having my X dynoed after my upgrades. Finally get some proof on this site how much potential our engines have...
It's not my dyno, I'm just friends w/ the shop owner. He'll usually let me use it for free, but I don't think he'd let me invite people to do the same. I'll talk to him and see if I could get some of ya'll a discounted rate or something. I think he usually does a special of 3 pulls for $35 (which is insanely cheap) or $100 for an hour (which could be split up between 5 XOC members or something). Let me know if you or anyone else is interested.

#408631 - 31/07/05 06:58 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Xterradon Offline

Well? Where's the results for the drop in versus stock? Do you need someone to hold your hand? Why ask if anyone wants to see the results if you aren't going to bother? We are all waiting...

#408632 - 31/07/05 11:32 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know, sometimes you have to wait for the good stuff. I'm sure BadFnZ is working on scheduling this with his friend. If someone is going to offer something to folks for FREE I think we should give them the time to get things set up...

#408633 - 31/07/05 01:32 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradon:
Well? Where's the results for the drop in versus stock? Do you need someone to hold your hand? Why ask if anyone wants to see the results if you aren't going to bother? We are all waiting...
Settle down Dawn. I bought my X a whole 4 weeks ago. I just now got the K&N and it'll be a while for the muffler. And it's not like I can just walk in there and strap myself on the dyno. He runs a shop and is very busy. On top of that, I actually work for a living so I can't just do this tomorrow or whenever the hell I feel like it.

#408634 - 01/08/05 08:15 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Xterradon Offline

So sorry Ginger. I forgot to assume that your X was recently aquired. I thought that the subject was dead since nothing more was posted in a while.

#408635 - 13/10/05 08:37 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Anything yet or were you not able to get the dyno?

#408636 - 14/10/05 05:57 AM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just get a Flowmaster exhaust and have your friend put it on for free. Then get the intake which is 35$ and then do the DYNO Test. Then post it and well be all greatilly appreciated.

#408637 - 25/10/05 04:53 PM Re: Would anyone want to see dyno comparisons of mods?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a big race taking place on Nov. 12th so he's been pretty busy at the shop. I'll get it done sometime after that when the season has slowed down.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal