Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#409110 - 15/01/03 10:16 PM I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
mechbee Offline

Loc: Chula Vista, CA .,U.S.
To save face, I need a reasonable answer to this. I have a bunch of guys at work that want to see if it is possible to bolt on a supercharger to my X. They actually want to see if I can race this thing with various other cars at Carlsbad Racetrack in Cali. I don't even think of racing. I found sites with chips for my computer and nitrous systems(no way), but I know that the final drive ratio and my tires will be affected if I could actually find a way to supercharge my X. They race camaros (ugh) and MR2s at Carlsbad. Not gonna happen I think with an X. Is there any way to increase HP? I would love to whup their asses with my heavy SUV( in my dreams). I need to put them to the side with convincing evidence. An X is not a racing machine.

#409111 - 16/01/03 05:39 AM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tell the fools you work with you will race them up a mountain... sans pavement.

Seriously, what are they going to do if you have an unreasonable answer? THe answer is no, not yet available.

Don't give in to peer pressure, how old are we now?

#409112 - 16/01/03 05:47 AM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
coferj Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL
Quote:
Originally posted by mechbee:
...supercharge my X. They race camaros (ugh) and MR2s...
Hey, hey, heeeeyyy...no need to harsh on the 'maro...lol

#409113 - 16/01/03 05:49 AM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
Paco Pico Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Actually I think it was a typo:

Camaro = Slo-maro
MR2= Mr. 2

Good thing he doesn't want to race a 5.slow Mustang

#409114 - 16/01/03 07:17 AM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
Silent Thunder Offline

Loc: 297 feet up (Los Angeles)
So you let these "guys" tell you how to spend your money?

However, if THEY are willing to pay for it, you might as well do it. Anything is possible with plenty of ca$h.

#409115 - 19/01/03 04:52 AM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
Tyrannosaurus X Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Italy
There is no "kit" to bolt up a S/C or Turbo to the X. A good racing shop can hook you up for about $3,000 for what your asking. If you are bone stock it could be $1,000 more for intake/exhaust stuff too. Honestly, it's not for the light of heart. You will have to work out a lot of bugs in the initial fuel maps and will probably spend a few hundred on dyno runs to get it all dialed in.

You are in Cali, home of some of the best engine people in the country. Just open up a phone book or stop on of the loud Honda cars on the road and ask for a shop name.

Some say the glass is half full..
Others say the glass is half empty...
I say "Are you going to drink that?"

#409116 - 21/01/03 01:35 PM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
mechbee Offline

Loc: Chula Vista, CA .,U.S.
Hey,
A girl has to do what a girl has to do. I simply wanted an answer to my question. No big deal on my part really. Just wanted to kill a debate about racing. Seriously, this is my daily driver. I have no money for serious mods. I am happy to keep my car in one piece. And, to answer the question of how old and who spends my money----I am old enough to know and young enough to still try and I spend my money on more useful things. Thanks anyways.

#409117 - 21/01/03 08:50 PM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
what, do you have a multiple personality disorder?
you don't think about racing, then you say you want to beat them at racing...then you say the x is not a racer but you say you're looking into chips and nos?
the xterra, regardless of mods will never perform like a sports car. if you want to race people then it's a little too late to try it now, because you got the wrong vehicle.
and "to save face". i'm afraid you're not the one here who needs to feel stupid, it's your friends. they're talking abour racing your suv? tell them that suvs and sportscars have totally different uses, disadvantages and advantages. tell them that you'll race them if they promise to take their mr2's and camaro's offroading.

#409118 - 21/01/03 08:55 PM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
also, do you have the v6 or 4 cyclinder? that would be pretty important if you want suggestions for "racing".

#409119 - 22/01/03 10:27 AM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
huevos Offline

Loc: Burbank, SoCal
I think the X is well suited for Carlsbad, that dirt road to get to the strip is ideal for an SUV. [Huh?] ..just add the basics intake, exhaust..even if you SC the X it would take a bit more for you to woop on Camaros and such.

#409120 - 22/01/03 08:56 PM Re: I need to answer the questions of the guys at work.
KevinNC Offline

Loc: NC
Hey cool...a chick with a mental disorder and an X!!!! What do you look like? It is possible to tell the guys that your X has a "BLOWER" in it! Unless you don't do that... [Spit] !!!

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal