2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#412105 - 27/05/03 09:19 PM Time to breath a little more freely
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay i am new here and i am looking for some info. Does anyone make chips for these Xterras? Also what type of intake options are there for S/c trucks? I am already planning a complete new exhaust with one of my custom mufflers on it. It seems that this engine could be capable of at least 250hp if it could inhale and exhale freely. Please post any info and or sugestions. Thanks mad

#412106 - 27/05/03 10:53 PM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Here is my suggestion! TRY SEARCH! TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED A DOZEN TIMES!

-Rick

#412107 - 28/05/03 05:22 AM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
Ag Bullet Offline

Loc: Garner, NC
I am not sure who makes chips for the VG33ER motor, but I would recommned doing that last. You want your ECU to take full advantageof your mods so do everything else first and then reprogram the ECU.

Oh yeah, intakes and exhausts have been done to death, so search and you will probably find more than you need.
My Ride
Most of the world's problems can be solved with blunt head traumas.

#412108 - 28/05/03 06:51 AM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
If you want a 250hp truck, you should have bought a Pathfinder. :rolleyes: And no, there is no chip that will increase the hp to 250 [LOL]

#412109 - 28/05/03 08:28 AM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Streeterra

There are a number of good exhaust and intake replacements out there, like other folks have said, try to do a search in the performance forum for "exhaust" and "intake" and you'll get a laundry list of posts.

Most of the folks aren't too impressed with the stock exhaust, it's pretty restrictive. The frontier forum group has done some great experimenting with the exhaust, and have some pretty cool pictures to go along with them.

Let's get some info on your custom mufflers though. Do you have any pictures of previous work? If you've got a good muffler system, maybe others here would be interested in it. Then again, there are more than a few "experts" here who will pretty much flame any post you decide to share, without responding in any positive way about your original questions. To each, their own.

By the way, welcome to our little forum. Folks here used to know me under a different name. wink

#412110 - 28/05/03 07:22 PM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
I just installed an Airaid intake today. Very happy with it and sounds great.

#412111 - 29/05/03 08:26 PM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
DesertMike Offline

Loc: Malmstrom AFB, MT
Streeterra,

there are no chips that you can buy outright for the X. The chips are soldered in place. You can however, send your computer in to have it modified (meaning the whole thing). This is usually a day turn around for this to happen. I'm sure there are lots of places, but I know JET does it and you can get the kit at Truck Performance.com Actually there a quite a few things you can get from there. But I'd shop around a bit, and a tweaked computer is probably one of the last things you may want to do, after you get all your other mods done. Hope this helps...Mike [Smoking]

#412112 - 29/05/03 10:28 PM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
ok... short list:

Cams
throttle body
Exhaust
Cold air intake
remapped Computer
and misc. "top secret" parts

got a non-c/s xterra no where near 250hp... probably close to 200hp...

so, in addition to the above, I would assume you need to also think about:

headers
New pulley for SC
Water injection

and still I'm not sure your gonna get to 250hp

#412113 - 29/05/03 10:39 PM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
You know who we need to get involved in the whole ECU remapping and chipping situation....Jim Wolf Technology! They are huge Nissan gurus when it comes to the 300ZX/240SX ect.... If anybody can find a good chip/ecu remapping solution...it would definately be them. I know they are based in San Diego and a guy named Clark Steppler (or some variation) is the man when it comes to Nissan ECUs.

#412114 - 30/05/03 06:51 PM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Jackel will be back from his honeymoon next Wednesday. I will try and get him to come on here and spill about what all he had done to his truck(since he never has told everything) as it was obviously the Fastest X anyone has seen.

#412115 - 30/05/03 09:56 PM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
I would say if you want more power yet...bore it and stroke it for the Pathfinder pistons....Probably cheaper just to get a Pathy motor after all that work! laugh

-Rick

#412116 - 02/06/03 11:16 AM Re: Time to breath a little more freely
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unfortunately the 3.3 block is already bored out as big as you would safely want to. At one time I was looking for a rebuilt motor or honed block to build up a serious drop-in 3.3 powerplant. None of the big rebuild shops will do it. They recommended a completely new engine for the above reason. Stinks for me! I wonder if there's a way to drop in the 3.5.... Might be worth looking in to.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal