Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#415024 - 30/01/04 08:01 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by Palindrome:
The point here is not that I want to go 105 mph, it's that I want the option too, because I should be the captain of my own ship. You are not. The government is not. I am unwilling to live in a world where strangers make my decisions for me.
Then captain yourself over to the Nissan dealership, trade your X in for a 350Z, and go over 105 mph as much as you want. They even have a board where you can bring up the question of why the Z is limited at 140 or 150 (I am not sure what it is set at).

#415025 - 30/01/04 08:04 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Pilot:

Just for all the haters....

-Ryan
Is that an SI hatchback? Those are the ugliest cars I have ever seen. They look like a shoe. Modding imports is so gay now. Back in 98-99 before that stupid ass movie came out, it was full of intelligent people with good heads on their shoulders. Now it is full of idiot kids that think that putting neon windshield washer lights makes their car go faster.

#415026 - 30/01/04 08:04 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

TWhy do you want to control other people? The world would be an extremly tedious place without people different from you.

How is it that you equate taking calculated risks with less than acute mental faculties?

You're probably a big supporter of the War on Drugs too - a foolish endeavor which has done nothing to lower drug use but has had a great impact on your right to own property and has put 1 million non-violent people in jail where they promptly learn to be violent. Another great solution proposed by someone who thinks they have a right to control what others do with their bodies and property.

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
[QB]This topic is very popular among stupid people on this board and I think it's time to ask, "Why do people want to go over 100mph?"
QB]

#415027 - 30/01/04 08:10 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Pilot:

Just for all the haters....

-Ryan
I didn't know the Si could get up to 130 in the 1/4 mile... or were you on an oval track? Surely that wasn't in the middle of the day speeding around people... oh, and I'm not impressed... been through that phase, then I grew up... :rolleyes:

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#415028 - 30/01/04 08:11 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can envision the scenario you describe. I don't even mind paying extra for the choice to make my Xterra go faster. That's why I'm here, asking the original question. I am looking for a way around the device designed to slow down 16-year-old kids, dumb people with poor decision making abilities, and people who buy cheap tires because they don't know any better as well as anyone else who fits your profile or the profile Nissan came up with to minimize their liability.

Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
Quote:
[b]In the mean time, I don't want others controlling my top potential speed, even if I never go that fast.
There are many factors in determining a vehicles top speed. A manufactorer takes all of these into consideration when setting the limiter on a truck like the X. I understand that you don't want others "controlling" your top speed, but it is for your safety. You can have the fastest car in the world, but if you can't stop and can't turn...then what is the point? Imagine a 16 year old kid getting in a truck like the X with no speed limiter. He goes 140 mph, can't stop, can't handle the truck because it is so heavy and slams into another car killing himself and the family he crashes into. The accident is largely due to the kids stupidy, but the maker of the car is partially at fault for making an unsafe vehicle.[/b]

#415029 - 30/01/04 08:12 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

You say you don't want to live in a world were you are controlled by other people. Well, we are and you can cure that by jumping off the building.

#415030 - 30/01/04 08:16 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Give it time, and a few more Barbra Streisand/Michael Moore types. It'll happen.

Quote:
Originally posted by SRTMO:
I am surprised that the government hasn't stepped in an said that no vehicle can go over 80 mph. That would piss off lots of folks.

#415031 - 30/01/04 08:17 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are what? Please try to be clearer if you want me to pay attention. Thank you.

Quote:
You say you don't want to live in a world were you are controlled by other people. Well, we are and you can cure that by jumping off the building.

#415032 - 30/01/04 08:18 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
has put 1 million non-violent people in jail where they promptly learn to be violent.
Non-violent? Have you ever met a non-violent crackhead or crack dealer? Have you ever seen a dealer not get paid, or an addict ripped off? Crack and heroin dealers are enabling people to kill themselves and others. They are enabling these addicts to create horrible environments for their children and families! These people belong in jail! What about all the violence of the Columbian cartels? I understand if you are talking about the occasional marijuana smoker, but these other people are very violent.

#415033 - 30/01/04 08:20 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

In general, I don't disagree with your sentiments. While I don't consider myself a "fucken moron" I am glad I have the option to remove Nissan's speed limiter technology.

Having said that, I've also found the information that allows me to do what I want to do. Which is what it's all about.

Quote:
I have no problem with people driving fast, as long as:

- They are driving some sort of sports car that has the suspension and braking power to be able to handle it (sports car does not mean suped up honda civic, neon, ect..)

- They drive on an open highway with very few (if any) cars around

- They are somewhat of a decent driver with some experience what to do when you lose control of a car

The X is not fast, is not designed to be fast, and never will be fast. Why would you want it to be fucken fast anyway?? Are you going to go wheelin at 60mph?? If you want a fast SUV, go get a Porshe Cyanne or an Infiniti FX. If you bought the X so you can supe it up fast and furious style, then you are fucken moron and we are all dumber just for knowing you.

#415034 - 30/01/04 08:27 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Lincoln Offline

I never said that you were a fucken moron, I am speaking of the fast and the furious people. I just disagree with making the X really fast. If you remove your limiter, then you should also look into possibly installing vented or cross drilled rotors (to increase your stoping power), and probably some tighter springs, an anti roll bar, a strut tower brace, ect.. It will make it safer than with the stop suspension/brake setup on the X that isn't designed to go faster than 105.

#415035 - 30/01/04 08:29 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

The reason crackheads are violent is because the market price of crack is artifically inflated 1700% by the drug war. Because the government has declared that it, not you controls which substances you may have access to and put into your body, there is a criminal element and the potential for violence associated with buying and selling certain substances in this country. Granted, there are certain substances which could by their ingestion lead to a greater risk of violent behavior (cocaine, crack, PCP) but the vast majority of violence associated with drug use centers around the fact that the drug trade is so lucrative, people are willing to risk death and kill people for the potential profits involved.

If I have to pay taxes, I would rather the money be used to provide crackheads with a clean room where they can sit and smoke crack until they are dead. As an alternative, I would probably support treatment centers, but those could be privately funded if government hadn't artifically inflated the cost of medical care to the point where it is likely to bankrupt anyone with a serious health problem (including a drug addiction).

Please research issues and think them through before you comment and prove your ignorance. Your argument has to be backed by logic before it can stand up on its own.

Quote:
Quote:
[b]has put 1 million non-violent people in jail where they promptly learn to be violent.
Non-violent? Have you ever met a non-violent crackhead or crack dealer? Have you ever seen a dealer not get paid, or an addict ripped off? Crack and heroin dealers are enabling people to kill themselves and others. They are enabling these addicts to create horrible environments for their children and families! These people belong in jail! What about all the violence of the Columbian cartels? I understand if you are talking about the occasional marijuana smoker, but these other people are very violent.[/b]

#415036 - 30/01/04 08:35 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
We are what? Please try to be clearer if you want me to pay attention. Thank you.

Quote:
[b]You say you don't want to live in a world were you are controlled by other people. Well, we are and you can cure that by jumping off the building.
[/b]
Look at the first sentence.

#415037 - 30/01/04 08:39 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
A. Because it's hard to follow.

Q. Why is top posting stupid ?

Learn to quote Palindrome.

#415038 - 30/01/04 08:40 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Having said that, I've also found the information that allows me to do what I want to do. Which is what it's all about.
Cool, so you won't be back ?

Notice how your rating from fellow XOC members is 1 out of 5 in just a few short hours, that should give you a hint about your attitude.

#415039 - 30/01/04 08:43 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Your argument has to be backed by logic before it can stand up on its own.
Like the logic of driving faster than 105 in a 4500lb suv? Companies put devices on products to protect the buyers and the people around them. There are safety devices in a lot of the things that you buy that protect your life. What about taking the the safety mechanism off of firearms? They are controlling your ability to pick up the weapon and shoot it right away. If you can find a way to remove the rev limiter and make the X go 150mph, them more power to you. Just make sure that you spend the time and money to make the vehicle safe at those speeds, if that is possible. The drug war has increased the price of drugs. Crack addicts and heroin addicts would still eventually run out of money and turn to violence to feed their addiction if crack was cheaper.

#415040 - 30/01/04 08:56 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

First off the Si is all stock, not one single mod, frankly I’m not into the so called “Fast & Furious” thing, I purchased this car because I live 47 miles from my work, despite it’s looks it a very reliable car and makes a quick and zippy commuter, I certainly could not think of a better commuter car. I paid cash for the car a year ago $15,250 brand new because Honda misjudged the demand for these babies and discounted them like crazy. In fact I was on the road to getting a new Gti but I could not justify the practicality at $20K

In my honest opinion I think the Xterra looks as bad as the Si, but I want one because it’s an exceptional value and super practical. I like the author of this thread don’t like the idea of an electronic lawyer. I am one of the enthusiasts that if I buy it I will use every bit of it. I.e. If I bought a Viper I would surely run that baby right up to 180 mph at least once just to do it. If I bought an Xterra I would take it up the Lions Back at least once or do some serious wheelin etc…. etc… Frankly with the Si it says 140 on the dial and I had to see if it would do it… I think it’s lame how Nissan puts 120 on the dial of the Xterra but it will only do 95?????

How about this…..there are always going to be clowns, idiots and fools on the road whether you like it or not.. if it’s your time to check out, guess what you will… but lets all be friends for now and keep this a very informative and enthusiastic source for information….

Seriously I’m not going to stoop down to telling people their car is ugly, or call anyone a fool for this or that, bottom line is I’m a huge car guy, I love, eat, breath and sleep cars and love the sport and speed of it.

-Ryan

#415041 - 30/01/04 09:21 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Lincoln Offline

So...is it a hatchback with the shifter on the dash?

#415042 - 30/01/04 09:25 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
So...is it a hatchback with the shifter on the dash?
Thats exactly the one that it is.

-Ryan

#415043 - 30/01/04 09:29 AM Re: Disabling speed limiter
Lincoln Offline

That's a good price, I just don't care for how that car (rollerskate) looks. I knew some jackass brothers (they were complete idiots) that went out and bought matching SIs. They wanted to find a kit to move the shifter from the dash down to the floor! Pretty fucken dump to buy the car if you don't like where the shifter is if you ask me! smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal