shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418496 - 31/10/06 06:25 AM Suspension Noise
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a new noise coming from the left side of my X. I notice it when the suspesion has to move alot (loud creak) I'm thinking torsion bar. Anyone with a similar experiance or insight? All info welcome....

#418497 - 31/10/06 07:59 AM Re: Suspension Noise
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Could be ALOT of things.

laugh

Front or rear?

Will it do it if you just get out and bounce the truck a few times?

On the Up, or on the Down cycle, or Both?

Wheel turned or not?

Foward, standing or reverse/both/all?

etc.

?

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#418498 - 01/11/06 08:42 PM Re: Suspension Noise
Anonymous
Unregistered

Prolly a shock. My stock Shocks make some noise here and there when i go over big bumps or sumthin.
Does ur truck ride any different than it did when u didnt hear the noise? But then again as TJ said it could be a number of things. [drink]

#418499 - 01/11/06 09:37 PM Re: Suspension Noise
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got the same problem, both sides though.

er mines rear though.

#418500 - 02/11/06 03:45 AM Re: Suspension Noise
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have the same problem. it started right after i put on my 3" over stock shackles and raised the torsion bar. it only happens when turning for me. it doesn't happen when the truck bounces. although, i still haven't gotton any alignment since i'm about to get new tires anyway.

#418501 - 17/11/06 07:27 AM Re: Suspension Noise
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, Thanks for the input from all. Upon futher investigation I found that the elastic lock nut that came with the new Bilstien shocks had failed and backed of about a 1/4". So new nut and some locktite and no more noise. I did not check it first since they were only 6 months old, so therfore, I thought it had to be from somewhere else.

#418502 - 17/11/06 10:01 AM Re: Suspension Noise
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
i have the same problem. it started right after i put on my 3" over stock shackles and raised the torsion bar. it only happens when turning for me. it doesn't happen when the truck bounces. although, i still haven't gotton any alignment since i'm about to get new tires anyway. [/QUOTE]

Same here....sounds like a knock under my seat.

#418503 - 19/11/06 06:53 PM Re: Suspension Noise
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
Quote:
[b]i have the same problem. it started right after i put on my 3" over stock shackles and raised the torsion bar. it only happens when turning for me. it doesn't happen when the truck bounces. although, i still haven't gotton any alignment since i'm about to get new tires anyway.
Same here....sounds like a knock under my seat.[/b][/QUOTE]

If it's a thumping or knock under your seat, that could be the leaf spring hanger bushings that are located right under the passenger doors in the rear on each side. Those bushings are easily replaceable...one bolt and washer on each side, drop the leaf pack, and replace the bushing. I have the same knock, just too lazy to get around to changing out the bushing wink

#418504 - 20/11/06 10:48 PM Re: Suspension Noise
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a rear creak (primarily left side), and it turned out to be loose U bolts holding my axle to the leafs. The Lock washers had worn out and a few had cracked and fallen out. Check those bolts!

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal