Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418658 - 09/03/04 02:35 PM Bilstein Shock Modification
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Please dont think im stupid for asking this but is the bilstein shock for a lifted xterra a totally different shock than the one for a non lifted truck. i was on the slr site and they said something about compression stops and cnc spacers. i already have bilsteins on the truck and was just wondering thanks alot for the help.

Thomas Jefferson

#418659 - 09/03/04 02:58 PM Re: Bilstein Shock Modification
Anonymous
Unregistered

Compression stops probably have nothing to do with whether or not the same shock is used. When you add more flex to a suspension and make it a bit softer, its easy to bottom out the suspension so longer stops are there to prevent damage.

CNC spacers could be for anything, but probably not the shock since the shock has shock mounts that aren't replaced in the lift. In other words, the shock can only mount one way and a spacer wouldn't apply since we don't use coil-overs.

In fact the spacers are probably for the bump stops to lower them back to a factory type position.

#418660 - 09/03/04 03:17 PM Re: Bilstein Shock Modification
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
No one makes a shock that perfectly fits the front of our Xterras. SLR puts a spacer on theirs to allow more droop than the shock would do without it. For the life of me I can't identify the spacer on mine. I bought the full stage III lift and ended up swapping in Calmini arms. On Spencers recommendation I was going to send the spacers to the guy who bought my arms, but I couldn't find them. At best he didn't put them in my kit. At worst it's just more market bullshit.

#418661 - 17/03/04 11:26 PM Re: Bilstein Shock Modification
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
the cnc spacers are a little metal spacer that spaces the shocks down about .5" if you have bilsteins already the cnc spacer is already included in the shock boot, they are the little metal piece that push into the shock boot up toward the bushing top side of the shock. In my opinion SLR is trying to make this out to be some expensive piece and they charge accordingly. another SLR rip off. you'll notice that in the picture on their site the bilsteins have the boots removed, that way they can charge for something that was included on the shock boot in the first place. the compression stops are the foam stops that install on the shaft of the shock and make bottoming out the shock less harsh nice but not necessary.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal