2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#419295 - 19/07/04 09:21 PM yes i searched - simple lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

First off I dont wheel very hard at all. But i would like to do small lift 1.5 - 2.5 inches is all.(just for the aesthetic value once i switch out my stock wheels and tires for 32's and the black wheels with the fake beadlock) What is the simple/cost effective way to do this? Is shackles or aal's in the back and cranking the torsion bars in the front an option? let me know your opinions/advice, thanks in advance...

#419296 - 19/07/04 10:06 PM Re: yes i searched - simple lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup. The cheapest is a torsion crank and shackles, and that will yield increased rear travel. AALs will increase rear ride height, plus beef up the rear springs, but the max rear wheel travel will not change at all (or may even decrease slightly). There are tons of threads comparing the positives and negatives of each - do a search on that one.

The typical max front T-bar crank w/out new UCAs is 1-1.5". The rule of thumb is that you can crank them so long as you can slide your index finger between the UCA and upper bump-stop. If you go higher your ride will get bumpy because you will be hitting your upper bump-stop a lot.

Bottom line - the cheapest is to crank your T-bars and install shackles (less than $100 including alignment). It will cost a bit more to go w/ AALs rather than shackles, but depending on your needs it may be worth the extra cash. Search for more info.

#419297 - 20/07/04 07:48 AM Re: yes i searched - simple lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info. I looked at the shackles on 4x4parts.com ( they were 54.95 i think)is there anywhere else do you reccommend looking at?

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal